World Gone Mad

I've spent some time deciding whether or not to post this. After all, in the past I've hit the point of sheer exasperation with this forum and posted a series of "I'm out of here!" posts that inevitably failed to stick. At some point I'd always glance back to see what was going on and I'd find some series of posts or comments I just flat couldn't resist responding to, and I'd be sucked back in to this weird little alternate reality of a political forum.

This time, however.... is different. I read the posts of those people on both sides of the political spectrum here, and I am astonished at the ever more shrill, hysterical, and hateful hyperbole and rhetoric being splashed across my computer screen. Some posters I've interacted with have degenerated into being so completely detached from reality that any posting interaction with them whatsoever is completely unconstructive and even disturbing at times.

I'm saddened to see us - all of us - on the path we're on. Political discourse is dead. Divisions between Americans are stark and uncompromising. People who should remember the importance of an INFORMED ELECTORATE base their political voting on whoever can come up with the best sound byte or who has the best hair. The truth of issues is being lost and corrupted, and the media is flatly lying to the American people on issues to keep us blinded from the truth... and too many people are swallowing the party line without thought or reservation!

We are polarized, divided, and ever more combative with our political opponents. The very fabric of our society - economic, social, and political - stands on the verge of collapse. The Republic is in very real trouble, and too few people can see it or even have the ability to acknowledge it. Internet sites like this only feed the destruction, and I, for one, choose to no longer partake in this.

I wish you all good luck. Stay safe out there.

You are polarized yourself, are you not? Otherwise, why do you promote gun violence as a means to an end with your posting style and avatar?

Myself? I only wish that humanity could come together and realize that our survival as a species demands we set aside our superficial differences and acknowledge that we are, indeed, reliant upon each other and this world. Without a healthy, vibrant society and ecosystem, it's only a matter of time before all is destroyed by human arrogance.

Go see the movie "Lincoln." Just as divided and polarized then as now. The only difference? Mass media and hiding behind keyboards make people much more emboldened than they would otherwise be face-to-face.

I wonder if he will be gone as long as jdbldumbazz...

I will miss 6gunner was a great poster...

I was only kidding 6G, it wasnt your mom who wears army boots,

its Retard58 mom/sis that wears army boots

its all the lefts fault

Go see the movie "Lincoln." Just as divided and polarized then as now. The only difference? Mass media and hiding behind keyboards make people much more emboldened than they would otherwise be face-to-face.

So the US is only divided now as it was during the Civil war so nothing to worry about then?

That said nation states are breaking up, this year for example will see a vote in Scotland to leave the UK, there are independence movements in Spain, France and even Germany and Italy. Where it not for Russian invading Ukraine would probably have split up eventually, now it will either be forced to or (unlikely though) will end up closer. China is struggling to deal with separatist movements and of course Canada has the Quebec separatists. So maybe the USA will follow. I doubt it though, there may be divisions in how Americans want the government to work but there isn't a divided identity. So really the USA is one of a relatively small number of nations that I doubt will undergo any significant secessionist movement let alone actually divide any time in the near future. When, if, America ceases to be a global superpower things will change but I doubt it will cause the break up of the USA.

Whatever happened to the "kinder, gentler conservatism" that Poppy Bush spoke of?

Looks like it turned into a Rethuglican hate fest of "divide, conquer and destroy!"

They no longer want to come to the table and talk. They just turn the table over, and scream and rant like four year olds in a tantrum.

They are surely to blame for the destruction of our country, as they obey only their fascist masters of the corporate elite.