Nanny Problems

So we find out this week that Consuela, our nanny for the past four years, is using a Social Security number that belongs to someone else. (She is a Colombian immigrant) We and the girls, of course, love her dearly and we've always had a good relationship --- even accompanying us on a few family trips and attending church with us once in a while. So ... what to do?

My husband says he's concerned about our taxes since he issues her some kind of tax form each year and claims her wages as a business expense since he has a home office she cleans. We don't want to let her go and turning her in is out of the question.

We've thought about just having her move into an over-the-garage room we have and paying her cash but thinking she may get certain tax credits (EITC), so that may actually reduce her income. (she promised to bring her last year tax return in so he can examine it & see what the impact may be) We may have to pay her more if we do that to make up the difference and haven't asked her yet if she would even be interested in that option. Plus, we are not so sure we want her living in our house 24/7 because she has male friends we don't know that well and we go on trips without her sometimes. We want to be supportive of her as a new citizen of the USA ... but there's a limit to how many problems we can cause for ourselves in helping her.

Suggestions?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

start black-mailing her. tell her if she doesn't become a sex-slave, permitting you to pimp her out at truck stops...you'll turn her in.

I'll choose to ignore that post because I know you are just being a smart-aleck, Mister Therin.

Why not help her get her green card?

Not sure if that is possible the way the system is rigged. (thanks a lot, cons)

Our minister suggested we may be able to get her some kind of religious worker visa through our church, but if that is possible we would probably have to pay her through donations to the church and she would have to do at least some part-time daycare and cleaning there (we're thinking she might like the opportunity for the extra income, anyway.) My husband is going to check into the feasibility of that with an immigration attorney friend.

Why not help her get her green card?

Too late...she stole someone else's SSN.

And in the worse case scenario, it could cause grief for PM.

Not to mention...the fact that you have limited knowledge on her male friends...I would run and not walk from that situation.

We want to be supportive of her as a new citizen of the USA ...

you are harboring a criminal who is guilty of identity theft, which makes you just as guilty.

she is not a "new citizen" she is a criminal who is here illegally.

thats who you chose to raise your children...

Hire an American - they need the work - oblamer needs the taxes

hopefully you and your hubbies ss#'s will get used in the same way so you can see what happens to these victims when they get audited for not reporting the income your hubby reported to the irs on that stolen #

you are fully aware of the crime, which makes you just as guilty.

it is a crime for you to have knowledge of a crime and not report it.

thats why I have no choice but to report you and your hubby

hopefully you and your hubbies ss#'s will get used in the same way so you can see what happens to these victims when they get audited for not reporting the income your hubby reported to the irs on that stolen #

you are fully aware of the crime, which makes you just as guilty.

it is a crime for you to have knowledge of a crime and not report it

Not to mention...rolling the dice with one's family.

I knew you had some problems but i thought they were just political problems. Your nanny is a criminal and you are too. How would you feel is someone was using your ss number? I hope the IRS which you undoubtably are a fan of catches you and your nanny. Then you will cry a river and say it is not fair. hahahahahaaaaa. Pathetic.

So we find out this week that Consuela, our nanny for the past four years, is using a Social Security number that belongs to someone else. (She is a Colombian immigrant) We and the girls, of course, love her dearly and we've always had a good relationship --- even accompanying us on a few family trips and attending church with us once in a while. So ... what to do?

My husband says he's concerned about our taxes since he issues her some kind of tax form each year and claims her wages as a business expense since he has a home office she cleans. We don't want to let her go and turning her in is out of the question.

We've thought about just having her move into an over-the-garage room we have and paying her cash but thinking she may get certain tax credits (EITC), so that may actually reduce her income. (she promised to bring her last year tax return in so he can examine it & see what the impact may be) We may have to pay her more if we do that to make up the difference and haven't asked her yet if she would even be interested in that option. Plus, we are not so sure we want her living in our house 24/7 because she has male friends we don't know that well and we go on trips without her sometimes. We want to be supportive of her as a new citizen of the USA ... but there's a limit to how many problems we can cause for ourselves in helping her.

Suggestions?

"new citizen of the USA", she doesn't sound like a U.S. citizen from your description. These Mf'ers invade this country, get fake SS numbers and other identification and get away with murder then when it catches up to them they just get a new set of fake identification. Screw that woman, toss her out on her a55 because it will come back to bite you in the a55.

they can contact the irs and ask them, there is a legal way for illegal invaders to report income

I forget what it is called, bet there is a different type tax payer# they can use legally

do you pay workmans comp ?

what union is she in ? or are you also a scab ?

does she get overtime ?

paid maternity leave ?

UI ?

when people call for "employers of illegals to be jailed..."

what do you think they should do to you ?

why do those same people pretend only rw's hire illegals ?

I only see the libloons doing it...

hypocrites...

they can contact the irs and ask them, there is a legal way for illegal invaders to report income

I forget what it is called, bet there is a different type tax payer# they can use legally

does she get overtime ?

paid maternity leave ?

UI ?

when people call for "employers of illegals to be jailed..."

what do you think they should do to you ?

why do those same people pretend only rw's hire illegals ?

I only see the libloons doing it...

hypocrites...

Hispanics are nothing more the a base-expansion to the left. They could care less about these people!

Hispanics are nothing more the a base-expansion to the left. They could care less about these people!

I wonder how many illegal invaders have worked at "pelosis vineyards"

Does Nancy Pelosi Own a Restarurant and Vineyard That Does Not Employ Union Workers?

Answer;

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is part owner of a winery, hotel and vineyard in Napa Valley, California. The employees that work at these places are non union. The restaurant name is Piatti and the hotel is the Napa Valley Auberge Du Soleil Resort. You can find more information here: http://sadbastards.wordpress.com/2009/01/28/the-real-nancy-pelosi-multi-millionaire-non-union-resort-baroness/

Oh, this is so ‘rich’ I can’t stop laughing. First it’s DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman-Schultz who as revealed to have invested in Swiss Banks, Foreign Drug Companies and State Bank of India. All of this over complaining about Mitt Romney’s “Swiss Bank accounts.” Then we have David Axelrod complaining about a so called “Bermuda corporation” that Romney supposedly has. Then what happens? We are Obama’s closest adviser Valerie Jarrett has a line of credit from a Bermuda insurance company valued between $100,000 and $250,000. Now today, The Daily Caller posts news that none other than Democrat Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi who has bitched and moaned about Romney’s wealth has between $1 million and $5 million in partnership income from ”Matthews International Capital Management LLC,” a group that emphasizes that it has a “A Singular Focus on Investing in Asia.” Can the Marxistcrats be any more dumb than this? Not only is Pelosi invested in Matthews International Capital Management LLC, but she’s also an investor in “Moduslink Global,” one of the “outsourcing pioneers” that Mitt Romney has been criticized over by Pelosi, Wasserman-Schultz, Axelrod, Obama, Jarret, other Democrats and the pink slime media. Karma really is a bitch isn’t it?

Politimom,

It is obvious now why you are so pro-illegal. You are covering for your nannie, and Lord knows who else.

How can you trust someone who uses another's ID?

And leaving your home to her Beaner buddies, you will likely come home to an empty house! Beaners will steal everything that isn't cemented down.

Fire her, and hire an American woman, after a thoughrough background check and references. Offering a free room, and board should be enough payment. A nice, clean cut white Mormon missionary girl, trying to escape polygamy would work!

I understand that she is important to your family, and I am not questioning how great of a job she is doing. However, that doesn't make up for the wrong she is doing. She is using somebody elses ss number? Who? Is this person dead? How come she can't get her citizenship the legal way? Also, I am sure there are many Americans who are just as good who would love to have a job that she illegally took.

Politimom,

It is obvious now why you are so pro-illegal. You are covering for your nannie, and Lord knows who else.

How can you trust someone who uses another's ID?

And leaving your home to her Beaner buddies, you will likely come home to an empty house! Beaners will steal everything that isn't cemented down.

Fire her, and hire an American woman, after a thoughrough background check and references. Offering a free room, and board should be enough payment. A nice, clean cut white Mormon missionary girl, trying to escape polygamy would work!

as bad as it sounds, i can see why a person would rather have a sp!c nanny than any other race. nowadays, it seems that

the sp!c immigrants are some of the most family values oriented people in america. most of them haven't been defiled by the

social immorality of liberalism yet. but...i must say...this particular one is columbian...which is a bit different than a mexican.

and the fact that she has "numerous male visitors" would spook the f**k out of me in more ways than one, as far as the woman being

around my family. i wouldn't be surprised if this woman is into a bit more serious criminal activity than simply "identity theft".

Just another lib hypocrite. They excoriate evil companies that hire illegals. Then they hire illegal. Go on and on about how unfair it is to the children of illegals. Then they hire an illegal. Rant forever that it is impossible to deport illegals. Then they hire an Illegal. Scream a minimum wage hike is necessary. Then hire an illegal that drives wages down. Explain endlessly how illegals go to the emergency room and drive up healthcare costs. Then they hire an illegal. Libs are ordinary misers and do not want to pay an american a fair wage to be a nanny. Lib cheapskates.

polimum thinks we need background checks to buy a gun, even if you already have one...

but she doesnt think she needs to do a background check on the illegal invader who raised her children ? teaches them "its ok to break the law" "poor me"

why do libloons always show such bad judgement ?

I wonder if her nanny is wanted in columbia for kidnapping...

Too late...she stole someone else's SSN.

She didn't "steal" anything. The number was assigned to her by the nanny service she used to work for. About three years ago we paid them $5000 to buy her out of her contract with them because they were taking 40% of her pay as some sort of a commission.

We might do that through a third party. (my husband is handling most of this)

does she get overtime ?

paid maternity leave ?

UI ?

She is an independent contractor ... of course we would give her whatever time off she needed for any maternity issues. We would miss her but could get someone to fill in till she could come back.

"new citizen of the USA", she doesn't sound like a U.S. citizen from your description.

She lives here, works here, pays taxes here, votes here, attends civic functions, church, etc etc ... combine that with the fact she voluntarily chose to come be a part of the USA at great personal expense and effort, I'd say that makes her as much or more of a citizen than you or I who are just citizens by accident of birth.

polimum thinks we need background checks to buy a gun, even if you already have one...

Wrong, Mister Gallows. I think guns should not be available at all to the general populace.

as bad as it sounds, i can see why a person would rather have a sp!c nanny than any other race. nowadays, it seems that

the sp!c immigrants are some of the most family values oriented people in america. most of them haven't been defiled by the

social immorality of liberalism yet. but...i must say...this particular one is columbian...which is a bit different than a mexican.

and the fact that she has "numerous male visitors" would spook the f**k out of me in more ways than one, as far as the woman being

around my family. i wouldn't be surprised if this woman is into a bit more serious criminal activity than simply "identity theft".

She is a good person. She has been part of our family for four years now. I think I know her pretty well.

Fire her, and hire an American woman,

Consuela has been with us practically since we adopted our girls four years ago. Sorry, we don't just throw out people in our lives like yesterday's trash when they become inconvenient.