Supply Side Economics in action

Liberals don't even know what Supply Side is, yet they claim it doesn't work. :D

Ignorance is their approach to almost every issue.

De Blasio’s anti-rich policies are driving wealthy people out of NYC
By Michael Goodwin....
Money — it’s the root of all evil. Behind every great fortune lies a great crime. Or at least an unfair advantage.

That’s the gist of the liberals’ creed and justification for their war on wealth. The other half of their view holds that the poor are innocent victims of life’s rigged game.

Their narrative of evil winners and noble losers clears the way for self-heroic redeemers. They will deliver social justice by meting out punishment and spreading the wealth around. Their virtue entitles them to power.

It sounds like a comic-book view of life, but it’s the reality of liberalism today. And thanks to the de Blasio administration, New Yorkers are getting a bitter taste of its divisive nature. So much so that talk about quitting Gotham is surging in some circles.

One friend says 10 wealthy people have told him they are leaving and another says disgusted New Yorkers bought $1 billion in residential property in Florida since the November election. The Sunshine State confers an automatic tax cut of about 12 percent because it has no city or state income tax, nor does it have an inheritance tax.

Beyond taxes, the mayor’s open hostility is a factor. His insulting treatment of former Mayor Bloomberg at the inauguration remains a cloud over him. As one affluent woman, a self-described liberal, told me, “De Blasio hates me, so I hate him.” She doesn’t personally know him, but draws her conclusion from his words and deeds....

Taking a page out of Barack Obama’s playbook, de Blasio casts his push for a tax hike on those earning over $500,000 as a moral imperative.

“I believe it’s time to ask the wealthy to do a little more,” he said last year. He paints taxes as a matter of giving back, as though the money was taken from others.

The sneering suggestion that everyone with money is somehow guilty of something is not a surprise coming from a man who spent his honeymoon on an illegal trip to Castro’s Cuba. What is a surprise is his lack of appreciation for the impact of wealth on city revenues and the importance of philanthropy to the arts and education.

As Bloomberg often noted, about 5,000 very wealthy families paid 30 percent of the city’s income tax.
http://nypost.com/2014/03/02/de-blasios-anti-rich-policies-are-driving-wealthy-people-out-of-nyc/

I'm no expert in Supply-Side-Economics but it sounds much better than Demand-Side Economics. Not the normal use of the word "demand" in the sphere of economics, but the "bake that person a f*ing cake and sell it to them or spend a f*ing year in jail...a**hole" use of the word "demand"; and "you shall pay for this health plan or you shall pay for this health plan or you shall pay for....., or pay a fine...jerk" use of the word "demand".

I wasn't done.

I'm no expert in Supply-Side-Economics but it sounds much better than Demand-Side Economics. Not the normal use of the word "demand" in the sphere of economics, but the "bake that person a f*ing cake and sell it to them or spend a f*ing year in jail...a**hole" use of the word "demand"; and "you shall pay for this health plan or you shall pay for this health plan or you shall pay for..... or you shall pay a fine... or you shall go to jail....jerk" use of the word "demand".

You liberals are a real piece of work.

Liberals don't even know what Supply Side is, yet they claim it doesn't work. :D

.......and the Florida government won't be mad either with the revenue coming in.....

Cry me a river for the rich and infamous of NY.

NY is the seat of wealth in the uS, and you gotta pay a premium to live there.

Are you one of the 1% elite?

Didn't think so. So why do you shill for them?

"So why do you shill for them?"

Cause he doesn't have his head up his azz?

Same thing happening in California.

Go ahead and chase "The rich and infamous" outta NYC.

As soon as enough "rich and infamous" leave NYC, NYC will start looking like Detroit (Massive loss of money, whole neighborhoods deserted and crumbling, etc).

Gee, will people of NYC be better off THEN??

Are the people of Detroit better off, after over 50 years of democrats running the city?

Even demos don't want anything to do with Detroit anymore. Gee, talk about "wringing the last drop of blood outta it and leaving the carcass on the side of the road"!!!!! :)

Well i think after ten years of supply side economy was a total disaster. from 2001 to 2012 we had a 1.4 trillion dollar tax cuts. Thats 14 trillion dollars over ten years. so how do you think it did??

If everyone is paying the same percentage tax rate and there are no write-offs, I don't believe Supply-Side-Economics as you describe it hear COULD work if the liberal doesn't also cut part of their version of Supply-Side-Economics (Keynesism), spending those tax cuts anyway.

Do you, completely? Marketing a supply side of denial so that incomplete comprehension rules the moment forever doesn't happen from one side or another. It takes deep thoughts to have ancestry thinking on shallow lines of what if.

Why does barry shill for them? Oh yes, because he's one of the rich and elite himself. Hypocrite.

we all got a good look at supply side economics. it failed horribly in 2008.

Cutting taxes doesn't hurt an economy, they stimulate it, moonbat, and there hadn't been a tax cut since 2003, after which unemployment fell to a record low.

Try not to be so freaking stupid.

No the rich are fleeing because they have to pay for the bills. nothing new. the rich always skate when the bill is due. their doing to America now. they only care about the green stuff because it gives them power.

Rich clemency is sucking rich mans cock.

Its what republicans do.

Yes boss. You want me to bend over boss. is my ass the right height sir.

Typical foul-mouthed moonbat blather and idiocy.

No don't agree with cutting them that much. its going to make unemployment go up.

What supplies public demand for social policies character matters most? Academia or arts and entertainment selling science fiction life came from beyond this atmosphere and spiritual fantasies time moves space apart from objects made before getting here now.

Free trade agreements to giving away ancestors for social identity in belieiving there is greater safety in numbers while only a few control what society thinks collectively cornering the market of denial in one central governance, real is just a dream.

No the rich are fleeing because they have to pay for the bills. nothing new. the rich always skate when the bill is due. their doing to America now. they only care about the green stuff because it gives them power.

Rich clemency is sucking rich mans cock.

Its what republicans do.

Yes boss. You want me to bend over boss. is my ass the right height sir.

we all got a good look at supply side economics. it failed horribly in 2008.

huh :blink: