Yep, it has to be the guns.....

If the government "has to have guns" then the people also have to have guns, Period.

We have more guns than people in this country, they aren't going away anytime soon. If the government tries, they are going to make a lot of normal people criminals, and I just can't imagine that anytime soon. Heck, we can't even talk about common sense gun laws without there being a run on guns and bullets

I have to have guns. I do.

Compensating for something? :glare:

We have more guns than people in this country, they aren't going away anytime soon. ...

It's going to take a long time. But you know what they say "the journey of a thousand miles ....."

If the government "has to have guns" then the people also have to have guns, Period.

No they don't.

Not even close. there still will be mass killings with guns. Criminals and governments will still have guns. You trust criminals and governments?

Criminals won't have guns when there are none available to the general populace.

Yup, like the simple-minded concept that more guns somehow makes us safer.

That may be a more complex solution to a more complex problem that your simple mind simplified both further so you can understand it.

It doesn't mean that for any problem, simple minds cannot come up with a complex soulution that either makes no sense or no one can understand. I think 20,000 pages of ACA qualifies.

Yup, like the simple-minded concept that more guns somehow makes us safer.[/quote

It doesn't mean that for any problem, simple minds cannot come up with a complex soulution that either makes no sense or no one can understand. I think 20,000 pages of ACA qualifies.

I'm personally not the biggest fan of the ACA. But hopefully it will lead us to something better.

I'm personally not the biggest fan of the ACA. But hopefully it will lead us to something better.

So, you believe proposing legislation to bring us backward from where we were in an effort to go forward and witholding that information from the public for the purpose of winning elections is ethical?

I'm not saying that IS what happened, but you WOULD find that ethical?

So, you believe proposing legislation to bring us backward from where we were in an effort to go forward and witholding that information from the public for the purpose of winning elections is ethical?

I'm not saying that IS what happened, but you WOULD find that ethical?

What?

Suffice it to say .... I doubt the ACA is exactly what Obama wanted either. But it's the best he could get from Congress with all of the competing special interests.

What?

Yea, uhm, "ethics" - the discipline of dealing with what is good and bad or right and wrong or with moral duty and obligation.

Suffice it to say .... I doubt the ACA is exactly what Obama wanted either. But it's the best he could get from Congress with all of the competing special interests.

It was passed by an Democratically controlled House and Senate. Indeed, Nancy Pelosi went as far to say they had to pass it before they could see what was in it. Are you acknowledging that there is a large problem with "special interests" within the Democratic party?

Yep, get rid of all guns and we would never have mass killings again.

...and captured another after the attack late Saturday in Kunming, the capital of Yunnan province, the official Xinhua News Agency said.

I wonder if she'll lawyer up ???

Also from PKTs link:

A few days later, Han vigilante mobs armed with sticks and bats attacked Uighurs in the same city. Nearly 200 people died.

Heck, we can't even talk about common sense gun laws without there being a run on guns and bullets

The big problem is that what keeps getting characterized as "common sense gun laws" generally aren't.

No they don't.

Yeah, they do. History proves you wrong, but then your abject ignorance and irrationality on this subject has been fully and completely exposed more than once.

Criminals won't have guns when there are none available to the general populace.

And here is a perfect example of that ignorance! Nowhere in the world has banning guns to the general populace affected crime rates or public safety in any positive way. The only people affected by laws that ban guns are those who obey the law.... something criminals are notorious for NOT DOING.

Yup, like the simple-minded concept that more guns somehow makes us safer.

You mean the "simple minded concept" that's been proven by every non-biased, non-partisan study EVER TAKEN on the subject?

Amazing ignorance on your part, "Mom".... and hypocritical as well, seeing as how you claim all we have to do is ban guns to law-abiding citizens and suddenly criminals won't have them anymore. Talk about simple-minded!

You are in ignorant, immature, and delusional child. I'd say you need to wake up and smell some reality, but you just keep proving, again and again, that your head is so far up your ass you can ALMOST see where you're going....

What is it with the American obsession with guns??? I can only conclude that those who are pro-guns lack basic intelligence, especially when they allow their kids to have guns. Are you people sick! I think so. So glad I'm British, we still have some moral values!!

What is it with the American obsession with guns??? I can only conclude that those who are pro-guns lack basic intelligence, especially when they allow their kids to have guns. Are you people sick! I think so. So glad I'm British, we still have some moral values!!

What can I say, Mister British? We're still evolving over here.

Well, British, if your country is ever under the tyrannical rule of a dictator 3000 miles away, like the US was before the Revolutionary War, and you need access to arms to help install a government for the people and by the people, you will understand what our "obsession" entails.

If you conclude that those who are pro-gun lack basic intelligence, you would be wrong. Not just the ignorant and low intelligence are pro-gun, but Doctors, Lawyers, Engineers, and other schooled professionals are pro-gun. I would ask where the intelligence is of being ruled by a monarchy and lords who know whats best for you? Your country is more oppressed in freedom but have had the wool pulled over your eyes.

As long as you get your Earl Grey and Liverpool plays Manchester United in footsies a couple times a year, I guess you'll be OK, right?