This Thread Is For Young White Men Only...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do blacks need help with this? This has been my point all along. Obama and the Dems think they have to 'save' the black community, and that they don't stand a chance to get ahead unless the government is there to help. That is insulting in my opinion. It's essentially saying that they have no faith in the abilities of the black community. That they cannot do anything on their own unless they have a crutch because they simply don't have what it takes.

Why do blacks need help with this? This has been my point all along. Obama and the Dems think they have to 'save' the black community, and that they don't stand a chance to get ahead unless the government is there to help. That is insulting in my opinion. It's essentially saying that they have no faith in the abilities of the black community. That they cannot do anything on their own unless they have a crutch because they simply don't have what it takes.

Well, there was institutionalized racism for many years that put a lot of people in pretty crummy circumstances, surrounding young children with bad influences and no hope, especially when the scourge of crack and heroin destroyed the ghettos, a perfect environment for something like that to happen.

Well, there was institutionalized racism for many years that put a lot of people in pretty crummy circumstances, surrounding young children with bad influences and no hope, especially when the scourge of crack and heroin destroyed the ghettos, a perfect environment for something like that to happen.

I don't disagree with the history. However, why cannot blacks get ahead without government assistance? It just seems we have labeled them handicapped when they are not really handicapped. Their IQs are no different than the rest, despite what cons say their work ethic is equal to everyone else. What exactly is their handicapp?

I don't disagree with the history. However, why cannot blacks get ahead without government assistance? It just seems we have labeled them handicapped when they are not really handicapped. Their IQs are no different than the rest, despite what cons say their work ethic is equal to everyone else. What exactly is their handicapp?

Circumstance has obviously been a handicap, some things can be self perpetuating. It's a lot harder to raise a good child in a poor part of town with crummy schools. And it wasn't social darwinism that led to these socioeconomics, it was government sanctioned evil.

And let's not just try to fully understand the attitudes of whites over the past 300 years, but how about some empathy for the blacks.. it's almost natural for a lot of those young black men to be rebellious toward society after getting sh*t on for 300 years. Their ancestors were cutoff from opportunities that my parents enjoyed, no wonder they are jaded? Affirmative action helps fix that, it gets people, who may not be as experienced, the experience they need, while it helps to have a diversity of opinion in decision making.

Circumstance has obviously been a handicap, some things can be self perpetuating. It's a lot harder to raise a good child in a poor part of town with crummy schools. And it wasn't social darwinism that led to these socioeconomics, it was government sanctioned evil.

And let's not just try to fully understand the attitudes of whites over the past 300 years, but how about some empathy for the blacks.. it's almost natural for a lot of those young black men to be rebellious toward society after getting sh*t on for 300 years. Their ancestors were cutoff from opportunities that my parents enjoyed, no wonder they are jaded? Affirmative action helps fix that, it gets people, who may not be as experienced, the experience they need, while it helps to have a diversity of opinion in decision making.

I cannot argue that. I am not blaming the black community for being jaded. I don't question their motives either. Perhaps I would be the same, I don't know. What I also dont question though are their abilities. There is no evidence whatsoever to support that the black community have less intelligence than anybody else. I understand that their are many racists people in society, on both sides of the political spectrum, who will try and claim that they are less intelligent. The point of me harping on that is that we need to consider everything. Yes, their attitudes are certainly warrented due to their historical treatment. But does that, in itself, create a ligit impedement to the black community getting ahead and making a good life for themselves and their children? If one has an IQ that is as productive and creative as everyone else then cannot that, in itself, get them ahead? They are not disabled. Discrimination will never go away for anybody regardless of color or lifestyle, so we cannot use that as a ligit excuse for a handicapp. So, what I am asking for is there something within the black community that makes it impossible for them to move forward and get ahead? Is there a handicapp that would require government intervention. Having a jaded attitude is not a handicapp. That's an attitude by individuals.

I cannot argue that. I am not blaming the black community for being jaded. I don't question their motives either. Perhaps I would be the same, I don't know. What I also dont question though are their abilities. There is no evidence whatsoever to support that the black community have less intelligence than anybody else. I understand that their are many racists people in society, on both sides of the political spectrum, who will try and claim that they are less intelligent. The point of me harping on that is that we need to consider everything. Yes, their attitudes are certainly warrented due to their historical treatment. But does that, in itself, create a ligit impedement to the black community getting ahead and making a good life for themselves and their children? If one has an IQ that is as productive and creative as everyone else then cannot that, in itself, get them ahead? They are not disabled. Discrimination will never go away for anybody regardless of color or lifestyle, so we cannot use that as a ligit excuse for a handicapp. So, what I am asking for is there something within the black community that makes it impossible for them to move forward and get ahead? Is there a handicapp that would require government intervention. Having a jaded attitude is not a handicapp. That's an attitude by individuals.

Obviously there is some sort of handicap, and the government has been assisting since the 60's. Even retired conservative Justice Sandra Day O'Connor recognized that the legacy of this country still has an impact on people today, "We expect that 25 years from now, the use of racial preferences will no longer be necessary to further the interest approved today." She basically understood there was a timeframe on how long people would need a helping hand.

There certainly isn't a problem with IQ, if you adopt a child from a high-risk area, and put them in the right setting, they will have just as good of a chance as anyone else. However, that same child in a neighborhood that has already been ravished by poverty, just doesn't have the same chance.

​And the truth is, it isn't as much about the color of your skin these days, as the color of your money. And there is a huge group of people that started out at a huge disadvantage, white privilege gave a lot of families a huge head start. And coming from a person who has wealthy grandparents, people who paid for my college, I understand how big of a difference money makes, and how wealth begets wealth.

Obviously there is some sort of handicap, and the government has been assisting since the 60's. Even retired conservative Justice Sandra Day O'Connor recognized that the legacy of this country still has an impact on people today, "We expect that 25 years from now, the use of racial preferences will no longer be necessary to further the interest approved today." She basically understood there was a timeframe on how long people would need a helping hand.

There certainly isn't a problem with IQ, if you adopt a child from a high-risk area, and put them in the right setting, they will have just as good of a chance as anyone else. However, that same child in a neighborhood that has already been ravished by poverty, just doesn't have the same chance.

​And the truth is, it isn't as much about the color of your skin these days, as the color of your money. And there is a huge group of people that started out at a huge disadvantage, white privilege gave a lot of families a huge head start. And coming from a person who has wealthy grandparents, people who paid for my college, I understand how big of a difference money makes, and how wealth begets wealth.

true. But if we are going to use lack of money as a handicapp then we really have a problem because even the middle class are scraping by. So, that's a lot of people to consider handicapp. It needs to stop somewhere.

Many folks are pleased that Obama has demonstrated that he is a minority president

I really don't think minorities get a fair deal in this country

This is a reasonable effort to help minorities gain equality in this country

What is your definition of equality? Is that everyone should have the same amount of things regardless if they worked for it or not? Or is that everyone should have the same 'opportunity' to acquire their own wealth as everyone else?

This is just more BS. Racist dems are pumping more money into an empty hole. I would hope this will be fought in the courts on a discrimination plea. The house should not fund this crap. Parents in the hood should teach kids values, get them to study, make sure they graduate high school and then get out. The Army, Navy, Marines and Coast Guard are a way out of the hood. If the kid likes it he can stay for 30 and get a good pension. If the kid gets out he will have learned some skills that will help him in life. Uncle Sam will pay for college with an honorable discharge.

We are not even 50 years past the beginning of the civil rights movement & any kind of serious government efforts to help reverse hundreds of years of slavery, racism, oppression, discrimination, and the destruction of the black family unit in that short period of time? It's gonna take a bit longer than that.

We are not even 50 years past the beginning of the civil rights movement & any kind of serious government efforts to help reverse hundreds of years of slavery, racism, oppression, discrimination, and the destruction of the black family unit in that short period of time? It's gonna take a bit longer than that.

No black alive today in America was a slave.

true. But if we are going to use lack of money as a handicapp then we really have a problem because even the middle class are scraping by. So, that's a lot of people to consider handicapp. It needs to stop somewhere.

I think most people in the middle class are doing fine, we still spend a lot of money having fun, and like to spoil ourselves. We are susceptible to bankruptcy and longterm unemployment though, especially medical bankruptcy in a disaster. So, if we could just start getting something more for our tax dollars and get everyone health care, we'd have a better country. There is so much less to worry about if we could ensure more people's health, but of course, a system like that won't come about for a while

No black alive today in America was a slave.

Irrelevant.

Hundreds of years of slavery & oppression caused the utter destruction of the family and tribal/cultural structures they had prior to being brought over here thus making dysfunctional any African-American culture that has been able to develop since.

The African-American family is what needs to be fixed .... and fixing entire families of an entire culture takes generations, not decades. The problems of African-Americans as a people in the USA are not the problems of individuals ... they are systemic problems of an entire culture of people.