so... tesla is going to build batteries in NV by by calif...

why do they want to move to a more business friendly state ?

Tesla unveils $5 billion plan for massive 'Gigafactory' to manufacture batteries

PALO ALTO -- Tesla Motors on Wednesday announced an audacious plan to build a $5 billion "Gigafactory" for batteries, saying the massive facility by 2020 will produce more lithium-ion batteries than the entire global supply for 2013. That will be enough, it said, to power 500,000 electric vehicles annually.

A final site has not yet been chosen for the enormous factory, which will occupy roughly 10 million square feet and eventually employ 6,500 workers. But Tesla has narrowed its options to four states -- Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico and Texas -- setting off fierce competition among them to seal the deal. The "green" factory will be largely powered by renewable sources of energy like solar and wind, making any of those states a good location.

more and video

http://www.mercurynews.com/business/ci_25234367/tesla-teases-select-gigafactory-details

Yeah we will throw tax cut and all kinds of government gifts thrown at them. its who can suck my cock the best.

Oh oh i can deep throat pick me.

Let the game begin.

Oh i swallow pick me.

Texas said they would let you stick it any where they want to. anywhere.

Mississippi said they would suck your balls and stick it in their ass

still obsessed with f@g behaviors, i see.

• 7 months later...

Yeah we will throw tax cut and all kinds of government gifts thrown at them. its who can suck my cock the best.Oh oh i can deep throat pick me.Let the game begin. Oh i swallow pick me. Texas said they would let you stick it any where they want to. anywhere. Mississippi said they would suck your balls and stick it in their ass

Like how Obama gave billions to companies without even seeing if their business model was feasible?

At least the CEOs of those failed businesses were able to get some fat bonuses before all the money was gone.

Yeah we will throw tax cut and all kinds of government gifts thrown at them. its who can suck my cock the best.

Oh oh i can deep throat pick me.

Let the game begin.

Oh i swallow pick me.

Texas said they would let you stick it any where they want to. anywhere.

Mississippi said they would suck your balls and stick it in their ass

The only thing relevant in this thread is they are building the batteries. Tesla will be putting affordable electric cars on the market. It will cut into oil company profits. It is another nail in the coffin of the fossil fuel ass kissers. Solar power, wind turbines, electric cars, oh my. I predict a bad next 10 years for the naysayers on all three. Change is a scary thing for the narrowly focused.

Screw you, I'm not driving an electric car. They're death traps and you can't haul a load of mulch in them.

The horse and buggy crowd said the samething about those new fangled automobiles at the turn of the 20th century. How did that work out for the horse and buggy crowd again? Congratulations, you lived long enough to witness the beginning of a whole new era in transportation technology. 100 years from now there will be somebody like you bitching about the new technology that will be replacing this technology when it becomes out dated. And history repeats itself again.

The horse and buggy crowd said the samething about those new fangled automobiles at the turn of the 20th century. How did that work out for the horse and buggy crowd again? Congratulations, you lived long enough to witness the beginning of a whole new era in transportation technology. 100 years from now there will be somebody like you bitching about the new technology that will be replacing this technology when it becomes out dated. And history repeats itself again.

Hope you don't hit a moped in one of those death traps. It'll wad up on you and probably catch on fire.

I'm pretty sure the problem people have with new technology, especially when it involves our entire infrastructure, is that it is either cost restrictive or unable to fill all of the needed purposes.

The other side tries to twist it into opponents getting jollies from pollution.

If you are trying to influence people that have valid reasoning by spouting bullcrap then you obviously don't understand people. If you want to actually solve issues, then you should try using a method other than primary school student methodology.

Green energy is not ready for the masses. Its not just about making a turbine or solar array, its about the technology being at a point that it makes sense for everyone.

I'm pretty sure the problem people have with new technology, especially when it involves our entire infrastructure, is that it is either cost restrictive or unable to fill all of the needed purposes.

The other side tries to twist it into opponents getting jollies from pollution.

If you are trying to influence people that have valid reasoning by spouting bullcrap then you obviously don't understand people. If you want to actually solve issues, then you should try using a method other than primary school student methodology.

Green energy is not ready for the masses. Its not just about making a turbine or solar array, its about the technology being at a point that it makes sense for everyone.

At that to shall come to pass. You didn't know you would need oil like you do now did you? Or you would split the atom? Like I said, horses and carts were the norm that the masses wouldn't do without either. Until they did. Since history has proven me correct, who is it that's using primary school student methodology? How do you think green energy is going to get ready for the masses? Perhaps you missed this post.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCAQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bloomberg.com%2Fnews%2F2014-09-22%2Fcompanies-pledging-action-as-leaders-set-to-talk-climate.html&ei=jlMzVPDRNeWMsQTl-oGoCw&usg=AFQjCNH0t6kuevC2Sns-KR3krwKwwKCcJA&sig2=0gZ8neNDkQ-AYTH1l-R1mg

The right people are now getting to make it ready for the masses a lot sooner than you think.

The only thing relevant in this thread is they are building the batteries. Tesla will be putting affordable electric cars on the market. It will cut into oil company profits. It is another nail in the coffin of the fossil fuel ass kissers. Solar power, wind turbines, electric cars, oh my. I predict a bad next 10 years for the naysayers on all three. Change is a scary thing for the narrowly focused.

why is calif chasing "green" business away with their libloon policies ?

that was the point of the thread

you fkn retard

*hint, its the same reason the libloons are running away from aca

Sharp as a tack swallows.

Sharpen your pencildick on these 2014 corporate tax rates, screws: Where, oh where is Mexifornia? Get rid of a few million parasites, and the tax rates may become business-friendly. Dummy.

STATE (percent) LOWEST HIGHEST OF BRACKETS FINANCIAL INST. DEDUCTIBLE
ALABAMA 6.5 ----Flat Rate---- 1 6.5 Yes
ALASKA 0 - 9.4 25,000 222,000 10 0 - 9.4
ARIZONA 6.5 (y) ----Flat Rate---- 1 6.5 (y)
ARKANSAS 1.0 - 6.5 3,000 100,001 6 1.0 - 6.5
CALIFORNIA 8.84 © ----Flat Rate---- 1 10.84 ©
COLORADO 4.63 ----Flat Rate---- 1 4.63
CONNECTICUT 7.5 (d) ----Flat Rate---- 1 7.5 (d)
DELAWARE 8.7 ----Flat Rate---- 1 8.7-1.7 (e)
FLORIDA 5.5 (f) ----Flat Rate---- 1 5.5 (f)
GEORGIA 6.0 ----Flat Rate---- 1 6.0
HAWAII 4.4 - 6.4 (g) 25,000 100,001 3 7.92 (g)
IDAHO 7.4 (h) ----Flat Rate---- 1 7.4 (h)
ILLINOIS 9.5 (i) ----Flat Rate---- 1 9.5 (i)
INDIANA 7.5 (j) ----Flat Rate---- 1 8.0 (j)
IOWA 6.0 - 12.0 25,000 250,001 4 5.0 Yes (k)
KANSAS 4.0 (l) ----Flat Rate---- 1 2.25 (l)
KENTUCKY 4.0 - 6.0 50,000 100,001 3 --- (a)
LOUISIANA 4.0 - 8.0 25,000 200,001 5 4.0 - 8.0 Yes
MAINE 3.5 - 8.93 25,000 250,000 4 1.0 (m)
MARYLAND 8.25 ----Flat Rate---- 1 8.25
MASSACHUSETTS 8.0 (n) ----Flat Rate---- 1 9.0 (n)
MICHIGAN 6.0 ----Flat Rate---- 1 --- (a)
MINNESOTA 9.8 (o) ----Flat Rate---- 1 9.8 (o)
MISSISSIPPI 3.0 - 5.0 5,000 10,001 3 3.0 - 5.0
MISSOURI 6.25 ----Flat Rate---- 1 7.0 Yes (k)
MONTANA 6.75 (p) ----Flat Rate---- 1 6.75 (p)
NEBRASKA 5.58 - 7.81 100,000 2 --- (a)
NEVADA -- No corporate income tax
NEW HAMPSHIRE 8.5 (q) ----Flat Rate---- 1 8.5 (q)
NEW JERSEY 9.0 ® ----Flat Rate---- 1 9.0 ®
NEW MEXICO 4.8 - 7.3 500,000 1 million 3 4.8 - 7.3
NEW YORK 7.1 (s) ----Flat Rate---- 1 7.1 (s)
NORTH CAROLINA 6.0 ----Flat Rate---- 1 6.0 (t)
NORTH DAKOTA 1.48 - 4.53 25,000 50,001 3 7 ( B) Yes
OHIO (u) --- (u)
OKLAHOMA 6.0 ----Flat Rate---- 1 6.0
OREGON 6.6 - 7.6 (v) 10 million 2 6.6 - 7.6 (v)
PENNSYLVANIA 9.99 ----Flat Rate---- 1 --- (a)
RHODE ISLAND 9.0 ( B) ----Flat Rate---- 1 9.0 ( B)
SOUTH CAROLINA 5.0 ----Flat Rate---- 1 4.5 (w)
SOUTH DAKOTA -- No corporate income tax 6.0-0.25% ( B)
TENNESSEE 6.5 ----Flat Rate---- 1 6.5
TEXAS (x) (x)
UTAH 5.0 ( B) ----Flat Rate---- 5.0 ( B)
VERMONT 6.0 - 8.5 ( B) 10,000 25,000 3 --- (a)
VIRGINIA 6.0 ----Flat Rate---- 1 6.0
WASHINGTON -- No corporate income tax
WEST VIRGINIA 6.5 ----Flat Rate---- 1 6.5
WISCONSIN 7.9 ----Flat Rate---- 1 7.9
WYOMING -- No corporate income tax
DIST. OF COLUMBIA 9.975 ( B) ----Flat Rate---- 1 9.975 ( B)
Source: Compiled by FTA from various sources.

At that to shall come to pass. You didn't know you would need oil like you do now did you? Or you would split the atom? Like I said, horses and carts were the norm that the masses wouldn't do without either. Until they did. Since history has proven me correct, who is it that's using primary school student methodology? How do you think green energy is going to get ready for the masses? Perhaps you missed this post.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCAQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bloomberg.com%2Fnews%2F2014-09-22%2Fcompanies-pledging-action-as-leaders-set-to-talk-climate.html&ei=jlMzVPDRNeWMsQTl-oGoCw&usg=AFQjCNH0t6kuevC2Sns-KR3krwKwwKCcJA&sig2=0gZ8neNDkQ-AYTH1l-R1mg

The right people are now getting to make it ready for the masses a lot sooner than you think.

Y'all act like everyone has to use it now though. Its not like there isn't major research and development going into it. When its feasible for the masses the oil companies will be doing that or disappear and then you can get mad at them for selling the suns photons to people when they should be free.

I'm an early adopter. I love science, especially fringe science. I think people are great, in their own way. Green energy is the future! We will have to rearrange a lot of things about the world to convert without possibly screwing ourselves with unforseen consequences.