Governor Jan Brewer Vetos House Bill 1062

skews13

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well the poor thing got bullied, according to mush

It was an obvious attempt by the religious right to push the limits of the religious liberty clause. They failed, and now the precedent has been set that there are limits to religious liberty. Now there needs to be a push on just how far sane and normal people can put limits on their religious liberties.

It was an obvious attempt by the religious right to push the limits of the religious liberty clause. They failed, and now the precedent has been set that there are limits to religious liberty. Now there needs to be a push on just how far sane and normal people can put limits on their religious liberties.

yup and elections are coming up. the GOP had to demonstrate that they are willing to deliver for their lunatic base on BS issues like that, 'cause they sure don't deliver anything else but tax cuts for the rich

What's the harm of making a cake for a gay wedding.

Eternal damnation. At least that's what the cake maker thinks. Are you the type that would force him to make the cake and damn him anyway? I don't see you as the type that would be re-assuring after you have forced someone to do your will.

We will see how fairly you argue. You now have two questions to answer since I answered yours first, even though I asked first.

Gods not going to punish you for making a cake. lol lmao.

Now a question about your integrity. If God did punish the cake maker, would you step in and request to take the punishment because you forced the cake-maker to make the cake? This will be three questions that will go unanswered.

What was the 'harm' done to the two homo-sexuals by a cake-maker refusing to back a cake for their wedding?

Since no liberal will honestly answer that question, how about this one:

Is the harm from this cake-maker equal to the harm done if it was an emergency room doctor refusing to perform a life saving operation?

Look no where in the bible does it say you will go to hell for serving a gay.

I don't know why you think this absolves you from describing the harm these two people suffered?

Does the Bible have any insight on what happens to people who force their will upon others?

How about how to deal with discrimination?

What was the 'harm' done to the two homo-sexuals by a cake-maker refusing to back a cake for their wedding?

getting treated like second class citizens I guess. same way blacks felt when they had to drink from different water fountains. seperate is not equal.

No damages, no case. This whole thing is based on a case a judge misjudged the liberty to sell a cake to whom you choose and the liberty to choose any cake maker. Worse, the judge abused their power by threatening the cake-maker with a year in jail. Hardly a just punishment for damaged feelings.

Eternal damnation. At least that's what the cake maker thinks. Are you the type that would force him to make the cake and damn him anyway? I don't see you as the type that would be re-assuring after you have forced someone to do your will.

We will see how fairly you argue. You now have two questions to answer since I answered yours first, even though I asked first.

it's their problem if they choose to believe in old fairy tales. anyways, a god who would send you to hell over a cake does not deserve to be worshipped

it's their problem if they choose to believe in old fairy tales. anyways, a god who would send you to hell over a cake does not deserve to be worshipped

It is their "right". Maybe you should go back and read the very 1st Amendment. If you are not going to respect their liberty to make that choice, you are a tyrannist.

The "problem" exists because someone is "insisting" the cake-maker must go against what his religion is telling him.

conservatives are idiots

It is their "right". Maybe you should go back and read the very 1st Amendment. If you are not going to respect their liberty to make that choice, you are a tyrannist.

The "problem" exists because someone is "insisting" the cake-maker must go against what his religion is telling him.

he still can, he just has to pay the consequences. if they want gov. sanctioned bigotry they can move to a theocracy

conservatives are idiots

he still can, he just has to pay the consequences. if they want gov. sanctioned bigotry they can move to a theocracy

Liberals are tyrants.

You want to be ruled by idiots or tyrants?

He still can what? Even if he exercises his liberty to discriminate and government doesn't intervine, do you really think his business will improve?