CIA is a force for good or bad?

a necessary evil

Or an unnecessary dictatorship?

I noticed recently on visiting a forum in the Ukraine that they are very suspicious of the CIA meddling in their affairs

http://forum.for-ua.com/index.php

They obviously have done some bad things in the past... Iran - Contra ... Creating Al Qaueda and funding Osama Bin Laden... Giving chemical weapons to Iraq

But intelligence gathering is a necessary evil

Who do you think they are gathering intelligence for?

To protect the US and peasants like you?

LMFAO

Opinions..

If you are asking if they operate in the overall best interests of the USA then yes, they are good.

Now, do we have a track record of establishing democratic republics where the peoples of the country love us....No they are BAD.

See haveing a country with a dictator we control is GOOD for US....Haveing a bunch of idiots that will vote Hezbolah or the Islamic brotherhood in is BAD....

Read about MACV and SOG and the combined efforts with the CIA and the war in vietnam in John L. Plaster's Sog in Vietnam....

They did some pretty sneaky stuff. I can't wait to hear the Afghanistan and Iraq stuff in the coming years when it is declassified.

I noticed recently on visiting a forum in the Ukraine that they are very suspicious of the CIA meddling in their affairs

http://forum.for-ua.com/index.php

They obviously have done some bad things in the past... Iran - Contra ... Creating Al Qaueda and funding Osama Bin Laden... Giving chemical weapons to Iraq

But intelligence gathering is a necessary evil

Iran Contra was the double dip fight commies in Nicaragua and release hostages in Lebanon that were held by folks with ties to the Iranian revolution guys. It was also a NSA NSC operation.....

Chemical weapons to Iraq....Our congress and president at the time and with NSC leadership, helped Saddam (One fire ant) fight the Other fire ants in Iran. We also shipped Anthrax...... Not all a CIA program however they were part of it.

OBL used his own money to fight Soviets in Afghanistan. With the help of the CIA and some Democrat congressman from Lufkin, they defeated the USSR..... OBL then founded AQ so he could turn against the rest of the world.

You see, OBL used our "Help one group of fire ants fight the other" methods.

We did not CREATE him....he was a Billionaire before we got to him and a kook to boot.

No doubt that at the end of the day, we sleep soundly in our beds because there are rough men and women ready to visit death and destruction upon our enemies.

"Know the truth and it shall set you free...."

Opinions..

why, you need a consensus before having an idea for yourself by taking parts of everyone else's then playing two ends against the middle in order to orchestrate a chaotic moment people believe you have some mythical knowledge everyone else doesn't possess without your instigation?

The CIA acts at the behest of the president.

No, the president appointed secretary. Chain of command you know as Murphy's law goes, when two or more people work together it becomes nobody's fault things failed to materialize as imagined, except those that didn't believe or help make it really happen...

If the CIA was actually working to protect American citizens, I would say that it would be good; but since it only works to protect the U.S. National Interest, it is bad.

That is a really funny thing to say, this is a very complicated world, there certainly is a lot of corruption, but it's not always easy to say what's in our interest, and what isn't.

If y'all think your own country is capable of such evils, don't you think every other country is doing the same thing?

I don't exactly think the USA is a saint on the world stage, but it's a tough world we live in.

And I think almost every American and European deserve some responsibility for how wasteful and gluttonous we are, and how we buy in to this consumer culture, and how it impacts the rest of the world. So, as much as people complain about our corporate overlords, I really don't see too many people trying to change the way they live, including the loudest among us, some of whom have nice TVs, computers and cellphones, their thermostats at 72 degrees and a gas guzzling truck, and they wonder why the world is the way it is?

That is a really funny thing to say, this is a very complicated world, there certainly is a lot of corruption, but it's not always easy to say what's in our interest, and what isn't.

If y'all think your own country is capable of such evils, don't you think every other country is doing the same thing?

I don't exactly think the USA is a saint on the world stage, but it's a tough world we live in.

And I think almost every American and European deserve some responsibility for how wasteful and gluttonous we are, and how we buy in to this consumer culture, and how it impacts the rest of the world. So, as much as people complain about our corporate overlords, I really don't see too many people trying to change the way they live, including the loudest among us, some of whom have nice TVs, computers and cellphones, their thermostats at 72 degrees and a gas guzzling truck, and they wonder why the world is the way it is?

I don't think it was a unusual comment. The U.S. has overthrown legally elected presidents, and replaced them with dictators, in order to advance American political and economic interests, which I would consider to be "bad." In many cases, we are the ones who have made it "a tough world to live in."

I think that you might find..it is visa versa.

The CIA got out of control during the cold war...

They could not give up the power..and so carried out 911 to maintain their mandate.

Now Americans live in a pure dictatorship.

You don't know what you're talking about, as usual.

Rotters the whole lot, crack cocaine dealers, illegal arms traders, killers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFR3bj6-Ja0

The CIA may have been behind the LSD explosion in the 60's. MK ULTRA, Gratefull Dead, Stanley Owsley, Tim Leary, and others had connections with the CIA and MK ULTRA. The author, Ken Kesey, of "One Flew Over the Cukoos Nest" and the magic Bus Tour of acid heads...Kesey was one of the folks whom the CIA fed drugs to under MK ULTRA!

Then there was the opium/heroin connection with Air America in Nam, then there was the coke connection with Iran Contra and Ollie North and General Noriega, Poppy Bush. Then there was Afghanistan and the opium connection, not to mention what is happening in Columbia now...coke, gold, emeralds

You don't know what you're talking about, as usual.

You speak out of IGNORANCE, son. Willful ignorance!

Come back when you can refut something with facts!