Dont Mind Him, He's From Lubbock

ATX 420

It's funny how living in Austin, a pretty mixed and open minded city, every now and then you run in to a close minded idiot, even in social settings, though I try to avoid people like that. Nevertheless, every now and then, there will be a friend of a friend who says the word nigg*r a little too liberally, and just comes off as an idiot.. A lot of times, a common excuse will be, don't mind him, he's from Lubbock, or some other equally small, sh*tty hick town. As if, that's some kind of excuse.. Don't mind his ignorance, bigotry and smallmindedness, he's from small town Texas! If only those people knew how stupid they look, and how bad they are at representing their home towns. Gee, thanks for reminding me how lucky I am to be from Austin, and not have to grow up around some of the least sophisticated people in the world, people who's closemindedness rival the Muslims in the Middle East. You idiots.. So to sum it up, most of the southern pride I see floated around in the big city, is from people who are more proud about what they are against, rather than what they are for