When Did a Dem Ever Do This?

Repubs give to their churches to guarantee their slot in magic cloud land. How stupid is that?!? Dems give to meaningful causes that make a difference.

Time to grow up fishhead!

In his book, Who Really Cares: The Surprising Truth About Compassionate Conservativism (Basic Books, 2006), Brooks discovered that approximately equal percentages of liberals and conservatives give to private charitable causes. However, conservatives gave about 30 percent more money per year to private charitable causes, even though his study found liberal families earned an average of 6 percent more per year in income than did conservative families. This greater generosity among conservative families proved to be true in Brooks’ research for every income group, “from poor to middle class to rich.”

"John Stossel: "But it turns out that
this idea that liberals give more is a myth
. These are the twenty-five states where people give an above average percent of their income, twenty-four were red states in the last presidential election."

"Arthur Brooks, Who Really Cares, author: "When you look at the data, it turns out the
conservatives give about thirty percent more per conservative-headed family than per liberal-headed family. And incidentally, conservative-headed families make slightly less money.
" "

Repubs give to their churches to guarantee their slot in magic cloud land. How stupid is that?!? Dems give to meaningful causes that make a difference.

What a truly pathetic thing to say, we have three churches in this tiny little town that has a population of around 1,100 folks and the church members are always the first ones to reach out and lend a helping hand to those in need regardless of who you are. I've only been to church a few times in my entire life but I know and understand how good the people can be firsthand, my daughter had a serious illness and the members from the local churches were the first on the scene offering anything and everything they could possibly do to help. I couldn't work for almost 6 months because she was in intensive care 150 miles away from my home and even though I never asked or even hinted about needing anything they were the ones that did the things I was unable to do and ask nothing in return. Noone from the government or these so called meaningful causes you mention showed up and that was fine with me because I didn't expect them to but the thing is I didn't ask the churches for help either but they were there. My grass was cut, food was brought to the house and hospital on an almost daily basis, they helped out with the needs of my other children and even begged me to allow them to help out with cash needs (I refused). You better believe I donate to chuches because I get it, you don't because you're so stuck on your arrogant attitude and your need to put actual decent caring people down because you don't agree with their beliefs. I see the chuches and their members in action all the time and know my money is being put to far better uses than the thousands of wasted tax dollars confiscated from me every year. Hell, I bet if you really needed it they might even help you out, I say might.

What a truly pathetic thing to say, we have three churches in this tiny little town that has a population of around 1,100 folks and the church members are always the first ones to reach out and lend a helping hand to those in need regardless of who you are. I've only been to church a few times in my entire life but I know and understand how good the people can be firsthand, my daughter had a serious illness and the members from the local churches were the first on the scene offering anything and everything they could possibly do to help. I couldn't work for almost 6 months because she was in intensive care 150 miles away from my home and even though I never asked or even hinted about needing anything they were the ones that did the things I was unable to do and ask nothing in return. Noone from the government or these so called meaningful causes you mention showed up and that was fine with me because I didn't expect them to but the thing is I didn't ask the churches for help either but they were there. My grass was cut, food was brought to the house and hospital on an almost daily basis, they helped out with the needs of my other children and even begged me to allow them to help out with cash needs (I refused). You better believe I donate to chuches because I get it, you don't because you're so stuck on your arrogant attitude and your need to put actual decent caring people down because you don't agree with their beliefs. I see the chuches and their members in action all the time and know my money is being put to far better uses than the thousands of wasted tax dollars confiscated from me every year. Hell, I bet if you really needed it they might even help you out, I say might.

Great, but you're in the minority. I don't need your help. I give generously, but no longer to the perv priest defense fund, or any other similar "charity".

Great, but you're in the minority. I don't need your help. I give generously, but no longer to the perv priest defense fund, or any other similar "charity".

Soooo...you give to the perv left?

Hmm, how many conservatives did eye surgery? You are drawing from a tiny sample dude!! LMAO!!

Give us a sample from your side "DUDE" !

Soooo...you give to the perv left?

Give us a sample from your side "DUDE" !

I don't recall sending an eye surgeon to DC. That would be like sending a duck to fetch a gallon of milk. Considering the results of this slug in DC action he should stick with what he knows!!!

All religion be damned because of some pervert and idiot pretenders within the ranks. Interesting logic you're using there, do you share the same feelings for government run social welfare programs, I bet there's quite a few peices of garbage hanging out in that camp.

'Imagine if John Lennon gave away all his money.

It's hard but you can try.

No ten million New York condo.

He lived just like a regular guy.

Imagine all the people he would have made happy.'

Imagine if all millionaire & billionaires gave away their money to make people happy.