Forgiveness for Obama - But Not Support or Respect.

'It's better to die a hero than live a coward': Father of Navy SEAL who died in Benghazi raid launches blistering attack on Obama

· Charles Woods, father of SEAL Tyrone, sharply criticises President

· 'If you are responsible for the death of my son, I forgive you,' he says

· Suggests administration should have responded quicker to news of September 11 attack on U.S. consulate in Benghazi

By HUGO GYE

The father of one of the Navy SEALs who was killed in the Libya consulate raid has launched another attack on President Obama's handling of the crisis, saying: 'It's better to die the death of a hero than it is to live the life of a coward.'

Charles Woods, father of Tyrone Woods, revealed his suspicion that Obama was 'responsible for the death of my son' - but he insisted he was not angry at the President.

He previously made headlines when he slammed Joe Biden for acting inappropriately during the repatriation ceremony for his son's body.+9

article-2223554-15B37ED4000005DC-995_306A HERO

+9

Tyrone Woods, right, who died in the Benghazi raid on September 11

article-2224917-15BF62AF000005DC-12_634x A COWARD AND A LIAR

Tyrone died on September 11 alongside his colleague Glen Doherty while the pair were protecting a CIA building next to the U.S. consulate in Benghazi.

Ambassador Chris Stevens and diplomat Sean Smith were also killed in the raid, which has become a controversial issue in next month's presidential election due to ongoing confusion over how much the administration knew about the circumstances of the attack.

Speaking to Geraldo Rivera on Fox News on Monday, Mr Woods returned to his criticism of the administration, arguing that the consulate raid was in fact 'an attack on American soil' and merited a more forceful military response.

Addressing the President directly, he asked: 'If this attack on American citizens, on American soil, happened 2,000 miles away from Washington DC - say in Los Angeles or in Seattle - would you have waited seven hours before you sent the first airplane?

'Would you have waited seven hours until the attack was over?

Would you have IGNORED PREVIOUS, REPEATED REQUESTS, FOR MORE SECURITY, from the people in CHARGE, namely, the Ambassador Chris Stevens?

If a Terrorist attack had been perpetrated on Los Angeles or Seattle, would you THEN MAKE UP A LIE, ABOUT A YOUTUBE VIDEO, TO TRY TO SAVE YOUR ASS FROM THE RESPONSIBILITY THAT YOU BEAR, BECAUSE OF THOSE PREVIOUS, IGNORED WARNINGS, FROM CHRIS STEVENS? '

“Mr. Obama, I may, as a Christian, be able to forgive you. But I CANNOT support you, or call you my President….You have neither the HONOR, the COURAGE, the HONESTY, the ETHICS, the INTEGRITY, OR the MORALITY, to call you my President, and if you had ANY Honor or Integrity at ALL, YOU WOULD RESIGN IMMEDIATELY.

+9

However, Mr Woods denied that he was motivated by bitterness, saying: 'First of all, I am not angry at all.

'In fact, Mr President, if I had the opportunity of speaking to you face to face, and I would really love to, I would say this: Mr President, I respect your office. However, if you are responsible for the death of my son, I totally forgive you.

'This is about honor, courage and about love for America. And remember this, Mr President: my son and the others died heroes, and it's better to die the death of a hero than it is to live the life of a coward.

'If you are responsible for the death of my son, I forgive you, I love you. I also love America.'

He said that Biden had acted inappropriately, asking the Woods family in a 'loud and boisterous' tone, 'Did your son always have balls the size of cue balls?' Mr Woods asked, 'Are these the words of someone who is sorry?'

+9

The President, by contrast, was apparently much more subdued, to the point of coldness.

'When he finally came over to where we were, I could tell that he was rather conflicted, a person who was not at peace with himself,' Mr Woods said.

'Shaking hands with him, quite frankly, was like shaking hands with a dead fish. His face was pointed towards me but he would not look me in the eye, his eyes were over my shoulder.

'I could tell that he was not sorry. He had no remorse.'

When Mr Woods met Hillary Clinton, she made a reference to the U.S.-made YouTube video mocking the Prophet Muhammad which was originally thought to have been behind the attack.

'When she said that, I could tell that she was not telling me the truth,' he said.

Violent: Tyrone died during an Islamist Terrorist assault on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi on September 11