A question for the atheists ....

sure but there isn't enough to waste any on an imaginary god

I believe God is Love ... and vice versa.

I love my family and my dogs.. There are many things in the world that are pleasing to me

I guess I feel the emotion but perhaps not in the same way as you..

Atheists are not devoid of emotion.. at least I am not... I can't speak for all

When you feel the emotion you interpret as Love ... and when you behave in Loving way ..... have you considered that is God?

If you felt so much love for fellow men, you would probably be hanging out with them in real life rather than spending so much time online. It sounds like you are searching for love but not finding it in your religion either.

You clearly desire love, but perhaps it fizzles out on you? Most of my interpretations of religion involve extreme mental abuse. My mother grew up in a religious family and her father used to whip her a lot and would say "dont take the lord's name in vain" when I visited. My mother has very low self esteem from this and cowers before her family even as an adult. I dont think they really had love either.

I read that whipping your child was not so great for them. Most women I know who were whipped with a switch or a belt tended to feel like they deserved nothing in life. I see religion as mentally debilitating. Most doctors and studies show that forcing your child to stand in a corner is just as good as giving them a spanking.

Im unique in the fact that i have been atheist and a believer. i was an atheist when i was younger. thought that religion was stupid. and the older i got the more i realized that they were just loving each other. they were handing down good advice and time tested realism. sure i thought that god was a joke. and they just wanted to control my.mind and thoughts. but i gave faith a chance. and the love ive been shown is beyond words.

That's great!

The kingdom of god is within you ... and me ... and all of us. Where there is Love .... there is God.

The Beatles were atheists and involved in Eastern religions from India. They were not Christians.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_beliefs_of_The_Beatles

McCartney: "We probably seem antireligious because of the fact that none of us believe in God."

Lennon: "If you say you don't believe in God, everybody assumes you're antireligious, and you probably think that's what we mean by that. We're not quite sure 'what' we are, but I know that we're more agnostic than atheistic."
Playboy: "Are you speaking for the group, or just for yourself?"
Lennon: "For the group."
Harrison: "John's our official religious spokesman."
McCartney: "We all feel roughly the same. We're all agnostics."
Lennon: "Most people are, anyway."

The Beatles were atheists and involved in Eastern religions from India. They were not Christians.

I'm guessing each of the Beatles probably had a pretty good sense of the mystical nature of Love.

In any case .... what's your point about the Beatles not being Christians? Do not assume too much simply because I proclaim myself to be a Christian. Did I say someone had to be a traditional Baptist, Methodist, etc to understand that God is Love? Seems to me there's a whole lot of Baptists, Methodists, etc who the concept that "God is Love" seems to escape - despite their high regard for one of the greatest teachers ... perhaps the greatest.

God is a Concept by which

we measure our pain

I'll say it again

God is a Concept by which

we measure our pain

I don't believe in magic

I don't believe in I-ching

I don't believe in Bible

I don't believe in Tarot

I don't believe in Hitler

I don't believe in Jesus

I don't believe in Kennedy

I don't believe in Buddha

I don't believe in Mantra

I don't believe in Gita

I don't believe in Yoga

I don't believe in Kings

I don't believe in Elvis

I don't believe in Zimmerman

I don't believe in Beatles

I just believe in me...and that reality

The dream is over

What can I say?

the Dream is Over

Yesterday

I was the Dreamweaver

But now I'm reborn

I was the Walrus

But now I'm John

and so dear friends

you'll just have to carry on

The Dream is over

I'm guessing each of the Beatles probably had a pretty good sense of the mystical nature of Love.

In any case .... what's your point about the Beatles not being Christians? Do not assume too much simply because I proclaim myself to be a Christian. Did I say someone had to be a traditional Baptist, Methodist, etc to understand that God is Love? Seems to me there's a whole lot of Baptists, Methodists, etc who the concept that "God is Love" seems to escape - despite their high regard for one of the greatest teachers ... perhaps the greatest.

Well, it is generally the Christians bantering to Atheists about love. The Beatles were singing about it, but that was sort of a movement from that era. In fact, they were rebelling against stodgey middle class English reality. There is a movie from Ken Loach about it, the sort of droll English family from the 60s and 70s. It was an ongoing theme with the Beatles in such songs as "She's leaving home". Then there is the British obsession with war and war dead. If you knew how conservative it was in the UK, you would understand them better. If you even breath wrong on this Cenotaph monument in the UK, they will put you in jail, for real!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cenotaph,_Whitehall

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fF5laBJE2E

What about Love? Where is the Love? What is Love? Do you believe in Love?

Placing the video with the questions reveals your desire to disguise your real intentions about having an honest answer about love. When you must believe love exists, you know it doesn't as defined by social evolutionists directing public opinion..

I spend time on this forum to learn about both sides of politics. i spend alot of time here because i like the banter. i like everyone on the forum. atheist friends of mine respect my choices.

The problem with atheism is that it is intellectually dishonest!

How can one deny the existance of God, when they cannot prove that God does not exist?

The believer is just as dishonest. They cannot prove that God exists.

Only the AGNOSTIC is honest. They are saying: "I just don't know"

"July Morning" by Uriah Heep-great song!

1d64ab1bb7315113c5647de42d17a2cb.png

"July Morning"

There I was on a July morning
Looking for love,
With the strength of a new day dawning
And the beautiful sun
At the sound of the first bird singing
I was leaving for home
With the storm and the night behind me
And a road of my own
With the day came the resolution
I'll be looking for you
La la la la...

I was looking for love in the strangest places
There wasn't a stone that I left unturned
I must have tried more than a thousand faces
But not one was aware of the fire that burned

In my heart, In my mind, In my soul
La la la la...

In my heart, In my mind, In my soul
La la la la... La la la la...

There I was on a July morning
Looking for love,
With the strength of a new day dawning
And the beautiful sun
At the sound of the first bird singing
I was leaving for home
With the storm and the night behind me
And a road of my own
With the day came the resolution
I'll be looking for you
La la la la...

How can one deny the existance of God, when they cannot prove that God does not exist?

I consider myself an agnostic since I don't know what caused or came before the big bang. I think there is more than enough evidence to say the God of the bible and every other god(s) are inventions of man. I guess I'm agnostic about my atheism.

The Christianity you are talking about is designed for babies in the Anglosphere. I cannot stand the sort of baby-reality of Christians. The end, period. When I meet a Christian, I can almost smell baby-diapers. I dont want to be in your namby-pamby religious collective. It makes me sick frankly.

I guess that never occurred to you, that you are actually repellent. All the time talking about God, its somehow candidly childish. Whether or not there is or isnt a God, one thing is certain: I dont like you or your buddies personally. In normal society, when we say someone or some group bothers me, we dont have to deal with them. But with Christians they are always trying to push their dumb reality. They say they are a different sort of group, one that you HAVE TO DEAL WITH.

I dont have to be close friends with six year olds. In the same sense, I dont have to be friends with Christians.