Amanda Knox case

I saw on the news that the Italian people have just found Amanda Knox guilty of murder. She was found NOT guilty in 2011 after her first trial. Even if they don't believe in the concept of double jeapody in Italy, they should respect American law. She was found not guilty once, so that should be the end of it. I hope the USA will not extradite her back to Italy. What do you all think?

I don't know for certain that Amanda Knox is guilty or not ---- but based on my incomplete review of the case thus far I tend to think she is not.

You cannot compare the American judicial system apples-to-apples with the Italian or that of any other country. These so-called retrials under Italian law can be looked at more like appeals under our system. She was convicted - she appealed & it was reversed - the State appealed the reversal & won. Similar things happen under our system without triggering "double-jeopardy"

A U.S. Federal Judge will have to review the evidence submitted by the Italians regarding her conviction as to sufficiency in order to extradite and as to whether it fits the criteria of our extradition treaty. The State Department and DOJ are also involved with State making the final decision. Personally, I don't think it will get that far ... I don't think the Italians will request extradition.

I don't know for certain that Amanda Knox is guilty or not ---- but based on my incomplete review of the case thus far I tend to think she is not.

You cannot compare the American judicial system apples-to-apples with the Italian or that of any other country. These so-called retrials under Italian law can be looked at more like appeals under our system. She was convicted - she appealed & it was reversed - the State appealed the reversal & won. Similar things happen under our system without triggering "double-jeopardy"

A U.S. Federal Judge will have to review the evidence submitted by the Italians regarding her conviction as to sufficiency in order to extradite and as to whether it fits the criteria of our extradition treaty. The State Department and DOJ are also involved with State making the final decision. Personally, I don't think it will get that far ... I don't think the Italians will request extradition.

Thank you, PolitiMom. I hope you are right.

Of course none of us are privy to the particulars of the case, but I think she is guilty as sin.

Not of murder, though. I don't think she was planning for those guys to kill Meredith. I think she was a narcissistic and self-centered asshole who bitterly resented the fact that with Meredith around, she wasn't the center of attention any more. I think she brought those guys over to take Merredith down a notch - to degrade and humiliate her in some way, and it got out of hand.

Of course none of us are privy to the particulars of the case, but I think she is guilty as sin.

Not of murder, though. I don't think she was planning for those guys to kill Meredith. I think she was a narcissistic and self-centered asshole who bitterly resented the fact that with Meredith around, she wasn't the center of attention any more. I think she brought those guys over to take Merredith down a notch - to degrade and humiliate her in some way, and it got out of hand.

What is the evidence that

• she is "a narcissistic and self centered asshole" ?
  • that she "bitterly resented" the presence of the victim?
  • and that she brought men over to degrade/humiliate the victim?

Her friends had made comments right afterwards that she always wanted to be the center of attention, and that she was a glib liar.

In any case, I stated quite clearly that as none of us have access to the evidence, all any of us have are OPINIONS.

She unknowingly described herself...lol. Same attitude she has with Chris Christie. Guilty till proven innocent.

What do you all think?

that you are a dumbazz...

she was found guilty, reversed on appeal, then the appeal was just reversed

of course they will extradite, oblamer does what ever Europe wants, then he apologizes...

then he receives the POS prize

as it should be...

Her friends had made comments right afterwards that she always wanted to be the center of attention, and that she was a glib liar.

In any case, I stated quite clearly that as none of us have access to the evidence, all any of us have are OPINIONS.

stop lying

dumbazz...

Sorry. It was years ago and I can't be bothered.

typical lying backpedaler

You can have your opinion and I can have mine.

how did your made up "facts" become an "opinion" ?

you backpedaling liar

stop lying

Prove what I said is a "lie", or stop lying.

typical lying backpedaler

I haven't "backpedaled". I'm assuming, as you are a typically illiterate and ignorant con, you don't actually know what that word means.

how did your made up "facts" become an "opinion" ?

My facts aren't "made-up", and I didn't refer to them as "opinion". Jesus, you're stupid.

you backpedaling liar

YAWN.

I didn't refer to them as "opinion".

you lying backpedaler

You can have your opinion and I can have mine.

can we see more of your signature lying and backpedaling now ?

please ?

lol

like no one can see what a dumbazz lying backpedaling loser you are

lol

Prove what I said is a "lie", or stop lying.

sure... lets see your source... lol

its on you to prove your lies

you dumbazz lying backpedaler...

lol

can we see more of your signature lying and backpedaling now ?

please ?

lol

like no one can see what a dumbazz lying backpedaling loser you are

lol