Non-Religious Alternatives to Faith

Christians always talk about faith perversely. Its interesting there are a variety of non-religious concepts similar that substitute as good replacements. I can list two: The Chinese concept of Nengkan involves a sort of personal belief in success or being in line with the universe. Then there is the Finnish concept of Sisu, which means going beyond the limits of tolerance and sticking to a decision consistantly without flaking out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sisu

Christians always talk about faith perversely. Its interesting there are a variety of non-religious concepts similar that substitute as good replacements. I can list two: The Chinese concept of Nengkan involves a sort of personal belief in success or being in line with the universe. Then there is the Finnish concept of Sisu, which means going beyond the limits of tolerance and sticking to a decision consistantly without flaking out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sisu

You seem to be searching for something Mister Michijo. If I may suggest, in your search remember to look within yourself more than outward. For it is there you will ultimately find truth. The creeds of others, past and present, are but signposts.

these are basically religions. the concept of faith is prominent in both of them. reaching for a "higher power" within the self.

the fact that your link shows the adherents built a monument in the name of the faith proves it a religion of idolatry, beyond doubt.

You seem to be searching for something Mister Michijo. If I may suggest, in your search remember to look within yourself more than outward. For it is there you will ultimately find truth. The creeds of others, past and present, are but signposts.

I guess I can skip past your Christian thing as well. Just another dead signpost leading off in a nowhere direction to a nowhere destination.

these are basically religions. the concept of faith is prominent in both of them. reaching for a "higher power" within the self.

the fact that your link shows the adherents built a monument in the name of the faith proves it a religion of idolatry, beyond doubt.

But no god. In Sisu you need no god at all. This is purely about self will and self control. This is the opposite of reliance upon a god. This is self-reliance.

I guess I can skip past your Christian thing as well. Just another dead signpost leading off in a nowhere direction to a nowhere destination.

But no god. In Sisu you need no god at all.

neither do you need a "god" in zen buddhism....but it's still a religion.

neither do you need a "god" in zen buddhism....but it's still a religion.

Sisu isnt a real religion though. Its just a word concept from another language that isnt easily translatable, with a bit of European poetry added in for effect.

Just as at one time people gave up the pantheon to worship monotheism, so will one day people give up the one God and become atheists. Its part of societal evolution.

I am just flamed out this evening.. there is no hope for any of us.. we are all doomed

Let me play metaphors with you a moment.

If you wish to drown out flamers, dry up hypotheticals that burn one's sole existence being one of a kind in one species of 7 billion estimated lifetimes occupying this atmosphere as male and female ancestors being separate stages of ancestry.

Back to those dimensions again.

Now comes my flame, whom are the "We" you speak for? I don't believe the species is doomed yet. The technology is here to change how humanity governs genetic continuation like never before.

Minority opinions rule majority of recited thought where nobody has to think for themselves because they must follow orders saving hypothetical values..

Sisu isnt a real religion though. Its just a word concept from another language that isnt easily translatable, with a bit of European poetry added in for effect.

Just as at one time people gave up the pantheon to worship monotheism, so will one day people give up the one God and become atheists. Its part of societal evolution.

it will never happen simply because man needs more to fulfill himself than the "primal animal" does. your atheist world is becoming chaotic.

the more atheist the world becomes, the more violent it becomes. people need more than trinkets and animal lusts. you can go ahead and believe otherwise, though. your worldview doesn't bother me, until you try to back me in a corner with the $h!t.

not trying to back you in corner... trying to get you crawl out of it

i have no reason or initiative to not see things on a deeper level than materialistic atheism affords me. if i were to buy into the religion of atheism? i'd be a stone cold murderer. i'd find nothing in this world worth living for. life would have zero meaning and everyone around me would become as targets for my materialistic gain.

Yes it is hard to grasp that we have no influence on the future.. but there it is right in front of you

all our posts are worthtless crap never to be read again

i never said atheism didn't have influence on the world politic. as a matter of fact, i've stated the opposite.

Yes it is hard to grasp that we have no influence on the future.. but there it is right in front of you

all our posts are worthtless crap never to be read again

the earth is just moving too fast for the common man to keep up

We should endeavor to help others in the here and now & make the world a better place for our children because it's the right thing to do and the most worthwhile way to live our lives ..... and leave the busines of eternity to ... eternity.