Report: Minimum wage hike backers rarely pay interns

From The Daily Caller:

Just because lawmakers want businesses to pay more for entry-level workers, doesn’t mean they are willing to do so themselves.

According to a new study by the Employment Policies Insitute (EPI), only four percent of the 210 lawmakers who pledged their allegiance to a bill raising the minimum wage pay their interns.

The Fair Minimum Wage Act would increase the federal minimum wage from $7.25 an hour to $10.10 an hour. EPI found that 96 percent of its House and Senate supporters give their interns a minimum wage of zero.

Dems are the biggest liars and hypocrites of all. Why do the dems hate the poor and the unemployed? Oblameo and the dems are doing everything they can dream up to kill jobs. The person making $7.25 an hour is not going to be happy when they get laid off. I just hope they are old enough to vote.

Why the hate the unemployed so much that them gave them unemployment insurance. the hate the poor so much they fight to feed them. boy can't you feel the hate.

The libs caused them to be poor and unemployed, its all a rouse to get votes.

Why the hate the unemployed so much that them gave them unemployment insurance. the hate the poor so much they fight to feed them. boy can't you feel the hate.

Unemployment insurance have just become another form of welfare for the lazy. I feel at some point the gravy train needs to end, and people need to stand on their own to feet. If they can't work, then they starve, or eat at the local soup kitchens end of story. That is how it was back in the day, and America was a far better place then. Work or Die should be the motto of the GOP's next Presidential Canidate.

The libs caused them to be poor and unemployed, its all a rouse to get votes.

Exactly. It is also why the Dems keep extending unemployment welfare benifits.

It is in the interest of the dems to keep people poor and unemployed. This is how they get votes. The sheep take the pittance that the gov. gives them not to work, to have babies, to live in the ghetto and they are happy to vote for more. The problem is the country has run out of money. States are already cutting back on unemployment, Medicare, and food stamps. Oblameo and the dems rant the problems are caused by Fox, Racism, income inequality, greed and all the other foolishness they spout daily. Oblameo's solution is to raise taxes. If you haven't gotten it yet, that means raise taxes on you. I am comfortable but not rich. Even I know how to reduce my fed taxes to virtually nothing. The working stiff is going to pay dearly in taxes for the insanity in Wash. I predict a backlash at the polls in Nov. The dems have taken money away from the people with taxes, obamacare premiums, energy costs and the COLA is going up. Dems will reap the whirlwind.