"Waiting Room"

I watched the documentary "Waiting Room" on Netflix the other day. I highly recommend it to those who are against public health care.

Link to trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GVArrNT7MI

Watch this ---- this is not hypothetical for these people - then get back to me as to just how some of you suppose these real people with real illnesses are supposed to get health care? (or just admit you are okay with men, women, and children dying in the streets of treatable illnesses)

Well, for about 1/10th of what Obamacare will cost in the first ten years, we could buy every single uninsured person, whether they are uninsured by choice or not, a policy that would cover them. But yea, forcing an unconstitutional mandate down the throats of Americans and lying about everything that is in it was the only way health care could have been reformed.

Where is my $2500 check. Why did my premiums increase? Oblameocare is the biggest sham ever put upon the people. Democrat Jim Moran said today not enough young people are signing up. Oblameo is going to have to bail out insurance companies or you have no clue on high the premiums or deductibles are going to go. Dems are in for a beating in Nov. GOP should keep hammering on oblameocare. This belongs to the dems.

Well, for about 1/10th of what Obamacare will cost in the first ten years, we could buy every single uninsured person, whether they are uninsured by choice or not, a policy that would cover them. But yea, forcing an unconstitutional mandate down the throats of Americans and lying about everything that is in it was the only way health care could have been reformed.

Is that what you are proposing? That the taxpayers buy a health insurance policy for everyone in America? How would that work? What would be the deductibles, co-pays, cost-sharing, etc? Which for-profit health insurance company would you choose to benefit from this taxpayer largesse? Would people get to choose their company? Their plan? How would we fund this? Would you get rid of MedicAid? MediCare? What about people with pre-existing conditions? Could they be denied coverage? Would there be caps on coverage? What about employers ---- would they have any role in this plan of yours? Why would any employer continue to sponsor/subsidize health insurance for their workers if the taxpayers are willing to pay for it? Could the insurance company throw you off at the end of the year if you were too expensive? How about a working family with 3 kids that has a gross income of 32k ---- what would they do? Go on, explain .... just how would this plan of yours work?

Where is my $2500 check. Why did my premiums increase? Oblameocare is the biggest sham ever put upon the people. Democrat Jim Moran said today not enough young people are signing up. Oblameo is going to have to bail out insurance companies or you have no clue on high the premiums or deductibles are going to go. Dems are in for a beating in Nov. GOP should keep hammering on oblameocare. This belongs to the dems.

And your proposal to solve the problem of health care in this country for people of low means &/or chronic or serious illness is .......????

I bet neither of you have watched the documentary I referenced in my OP. Do you have Netflix? It's called "Waiting Room" Go ahead, watch it then discuss. It's only an hour and it doesn't have a political agenda. What should we do for these people?

I keep hearing Health Care. Do you mean HC insurance? This Country has the best HC in the world!!!!!!!!!

Provided one has access to it. If you are of low means and can't afford good insurance than this country's health care is pitiful compared to what you could get if you lived in Canada or the UK.

Did you watch the documentary? These are real people with real illnesses who need healthcare. Is this really the best way for them to get it ---- go to public hospitcal emergency room?

Watch the video --- then tell me what you propose for these people.

What have you done to help those people?

This isn't about me. I don't usually buy into being challenged as such, but if you must know we pay taxes which we expect our government to use to improve health care in this country; we donate to charitable organizations including a Children's Hospital; we donate to & are active in our church helps people directly (including with medical bills); I have donated to groups that lobby for health care reform in this country; and I actively advocate for political change which includes personal lobbying to my Senators and Congressperson via e-mails, letter writing, and phone calls.

I'd ask you the same except that I don't expect you to be accountable to me ---- only to your conscience & God.

But as I said --- this thread isn't about me ---- it's about the documentary I referenced in the OP. Did you or will you watch it?

Is that what you are proposing? That the taxpayers buy a health insurance policy for everyone in America? How would that work? What would be the deductibles, co-pays, cost-sharing, etc? Which for-profit health insurance company would you choose to benefit from this taxpayer largesse? Would people get to choose their company? Their plan? How would we fund this? Would you get rid of MedicAid? MediCare? What about people with pre-existing conditions? Could they be denied coverage? Would there be caps on coverage? What about employers ---- would they have any role in this plan of yours? Why would any employer continue to sponsor/subsidize health insurance for their workers if the taxpayers are willing to pay for it? Could the insurance company throw you off at the end of the year if you were too expensive? How about a working family with 3 kids that has a gross income of 32k ---- what would they do? Go on, explain .... just how would this plan of yours work?

And your proposal to solve the problem of health care in this country for people of low means &/or chronic or serious illness is .......????

I bet neither of you have watched the documentary I referenced in my OP. Do you have Netflix? It's called "Waiting Room" Go ahead, watch it then discuss. It's only an hour and it doesn't have a political agenda. What should we do for these people?

For the love of God woman, is reading comprehension the absolute LEAST of your abilities? I clearly said, "THE UNINSURED." Is every person in this country uninsured? No. Go back and reread what I posted and then come back with an intelligent question.

I sincerely hope the "mom" part of your moniker is not real. Because if you have kids, and they follow in your footsteps, then we are going to be saddled with even more idiots.

I watched the documentary "Waiting Room" on Netflix the other day. I highly recommend it to those who are against public health care.

Link to trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GVArrNT7MI

Watch this ---- this is not hypothetical for these people - then get back to me as to just how some of you suppose these real people with real illnesses are supposed to get health care? (or just admit you are okay with men, women, and children dying in the streets of treatable illnesses)

no one in this country is refused medical care, that disproves your whole premise..

the unaffordablercareTAX death panels will be there for the people you seem worried about...

are you still pretending this isnt just fraud/scam/lies designed to lead us to single payer ?

Its not unconstitutional the supreme court said so.

they ruled it was constitutional for congress to impose a tax, not require health ins...

and after oblamer lied when he vowed aca was not a tax...

and you are dumb enough to use that as a defense ?

no wonder you never win any debate...

lets review... oblamer vowed it was not a tax, being a tax is what saved it...

you call this success ?

ACA will make the points in the doc. "waiting room" worse because who in their right mind would go into the medical field...

look for a swarm of Dr.s coming to our country from messyco, china and india...

talk about sending jobs overseas...

no one in this country is refused medical care, that disproves your whole premise..

Your statement is true if you add the caveats:

A.if they have the money; or

B. In an emergency room. (which is what the documentary is about)

Followup care after an ER visit, on the other hand, is a different matter.

Do you really think that's the best way for the uninsured in this country to get care ... at the emergency room? Is that the wisest use of our health care resources?

Why don't you watch the documentary & get back to me as to what we should do about these people. I can tell by your responses here you haven't a clue what it's about. The documentary itself is non-political, I promise.

Universal healthcare is the answer. Everyone insured and employers will no longer have to concern themselves with providing insurance to their employees. Seems like a win/win to me.

This!!!!

For the love of God woman, is reading comprehension the absolute LEAST of your abilities? I clearly said, "THE UNINSURED." Is every person in this country uninsured? No. Go back and reread what I posted and then come back with an intelligent question.

Oh, okay. So why don't you explain how your proposed plan would work? Specifically.

Do you really think that's the best way for the uninsured in this country to get care ... at the emergency room?

where did you get the idea I said that ? can you quote me ?

the illegal invaders have no problem dropping anchor turds and getting free HC at border hospitals.

I never said I supported it or it was ok...

I simply stated a fact, "no one is refused"

your implying ACA somehow changes that does not make it true...

at the emergency room? Is that the wisest use of our health care resources?

I never said it was... exactly how will ACA change that ?

are we still pretending ACA is not a scam to fool YOU into single payer ?

Why don't you watch the documentary & get back to me as to what we should do about these people. I can tell by your responses here you haven't a clue what it's about. The documentary itself is non-political, I promise.

I watched the trailer you provided...

I dont need to watch it, I saw Michael Moores tribute.

I understand the libloon way of thinking... I dont need to be shocked with liberals exaggerating talking points etc...

you have not proven the unaffordablecareTAX will solve any problems...

I have a question for you (well a couple)

pretense... if the unaffordablecareTAX is so great...

1, why did pelosi and reid deprive so many of their constituants by getting them waivers ?

2, why did oblamer deprive so many by delaying the mandate ?

3, he spoke of the 30 million "pre existing conditions" as the main reason for the new TAX

how many of them are now covered ?

4, why do the unions feel betrayed ?

5, "if you like your plan..." How many didnt get to keep it ?

have a nice run...................

your implying ACA somehow changes that does not make it true...

I never said it was... exactly how will ACA change that ?

I have not mentioned the ACA in this thread. If you know me, you know I am not the biggest fan of the ACA. So it's not my job to defend it.

(note: the documentary is not about the ACA either and doesn't have a particular political agenda .... it's just about some people - you should watch)

one simple fact to consider...

healthcare is free for the poor, no one is refused

calif has proven that and so has the court

ca prop 187, passed by the voters

was ruled unconstitutional, calif gov grey davis refused to appeal and was recalled...

this is the law the calif libloons voted for

""

California Proposition 187 (also known as the Save Our State (SOS) initiative) was a 1994 ballot initiative to establish a state-run citizenship screening system and prohibit illegal aliens from using health care, public education, and other social services in the U.S. State of California. Voters passed the proposed law as a referendum in November 1994; it was the first time that a state had passed legislation related to immigration, customarily an issue for federal policies and programs.[1] The law was challenged in a legal suit and found unconstitutional by a federal court. In 1999, Governor Gray Davis halted state appeals against the ruling.

Passage of Proposition 187 reflected state residents' concerns about illegal immigration into the United States and the large Hispanic population in California. Opponents believed the law was discriminatory against immigrants of Hispanic or Asian origin; supporters generally insisted that their concerns were economic: that the state could not afford to provide social services for so many illegal residents.[2][3]

Oh, okay. So why don't you explain how your proposed plan would work? Specifically.

It's not my proposed plan. You want to know why? Because my proposed plan would have nothing to do with the government forcing anyone to buy anything, whether for themselves or others. I don't believe in using violence to force others to do things simply because they don't agree with me. That is where we differ. For someone who is so rabidly anti-gun as to defy logic, you certainly have no problem with others using the barrel of guns to enforce your agenda.

I was simply making a point about the exorbitant costs associated with Obamacare. It would be cheaper to simply pay for them to be put on an insurance plan, regardless of where that plan comes from, than to force the entire nation on to socialized medicine. That is only a point. I don't endorse the idea and I really don't care how it would be implemented because I wouldn't support it either. I'm just saying of all of the options, Obamacare is the worst.

It's not my proposed plan. You want to know why? Because my proposed plan would have nothing to do with the government forcing anyone to buy anything, whether for themselves or others.

Oh? I'm sorry? Weren't you the one who just said a few posts ago ( see below) the government should buy health insurance for all those who don't have it? I was curious as to how that would work.

Well, for about 1/10th of what Obamacare will cost in the first ten years, we could buy every single uninsured person, whether they are uninsured by choice or not, a policy that would cover them.

Now you are backpedaling. So now you are saying there should be no health insurance coverage (& thus care limited to ER's only) for those who fall between the cracks of MedicAid & being able to afford insurance? Is that your proposal?

This isn't about me. I don't usually buy into being challenged as such, but if you must know we pay taxes which we expect our government to use to improve health care in this country; we donate to charitable organizations including a Children's Hospital; we donate to & are active in our church helps people directly (including with medical bills); I have donated to groups that lobby for health care reform in this country; and I actively advocate for political change which includes personal lobbying to my Senators and Congressperson via e-mails, letter writing, and phone calls.

I'd ask you the same except that I don't expect you to be accountable to me ---- only to your conscience & God.

But as I said --- this thread isn't about me ---- it's about the documentary I referenced in the OP. Did you or will you watch it?

May I ask you why you do the above? I respect you for doing something that helps your fight. If all those who say they care did the same, we wouldnt have a problem with HC. Also just think where we would be if those that recieve the above also give back. Again, I salute you for your efforts.

Do you really think that's the best way for the uninsured in this country to get care ... at the emergency room?

So, PM, isn't it ironic that Obamacare is increasing ER usage?

You did know that, didn't you?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2014/01/02/new-oregon-data-expanding-medicaid-increases-usage-of-emergency-rooms-undermining-central-rationale-for-obamacare/

New Oregon Data: Expanding Medicaid Increases Usage Of Emergency Rooms, Undermining Central Rationale For Obamacare

For years, it has been the number one talking point of Obamacare supporters. People who are uninsured end up getting costly care from hospitals’ emergency rooms. “Those of us with health insurance are also paying a hidden and growing tax for those without it—about $1,000 per year that pays for (the uninsureds’) emergency room and charitable care,” said President Obama in 2009. Obamacare, the President told us, would solve that problem by covering the uninsured, thereby driving premiums down. A new study, published in the journal Science, definitively reaches the opposite conclusion. In Oregon, people who gained coverage through Medicaid used the emergency room 40 percent more than those who were uninsured.

... snip ...

In Massachusetts, under Romneycare, the math worked out in a similar way. The Bay State spent $661 million on uncompensated care in the year before Romneycare went into effect; by the 2009 fiscal year, that figure had decreased to $414 million: a savings of $247 million. But in 2011, the cost of the state’s insurance subsidy program was $830 million, and that doesn’t even count the tab paid by the federal government for the state’s expansion of Medicaid.

Did emergency-room usage in Massachusetts decline because of all this extra money? The opposite. ER visits actually rose by 7 percent between 2005 and 2007, and the state’s costs for caring for ER patients rose 17 percent between 2007 and 2009.

... snip ...

The latest data from the Oregon Medicaid experiment

Along come economists Amy Finkelstein of MIT and Kate Baicker of Harvard, who have been participating in the now-famous Oregon Medicaid experiment. Regular readers of The Apothecary will recall that this study compared a group of Oregonians who were uninsured, and stayed that way, to a group who had “won” a lottery to enroll in Medicaid. The study found that Medicaid “generated no significant improvement in measured physical health outcomes,” a finding that reinforces extensive published research. (I also discuss this research in my new book, How Medicaid Fails The Poor.)

Finkelstein and Baicker, in their new Science article, looked at emergency-room records for 24,646 residents of the Portland, Oregon area, spanning 12 regional hospitals, who had participated in the Medicaid experiment. The study was co-authored by Sarah Taubman of the National Bureau of Economic Research; Heidi Allen of the Columbia School of Social Work; and Bill Wright of Oregon’s Portland Medical Center. The authors found, as they had previously, that the subgroup that had gained coverage under Medicaid showed no improvement in the management of their chronic medical problems, such as high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and diabetes.

They also found that those on Medicaid used the emergency room 40 percent more than the uninsured did—1.43 ER visits per Medicaid enrollee, as against 1.02 for the uninsured. More to the point, a majority of the emergency room visits were unnecessary, because they involved conditions that could easily have been managed outside of the ER.

Of the 0.41-per-person increase in visits, 0.18 were “primary care treatable,” meaning they didn’t require ER care. 0.12 didn’t even qualify as emergency care. 0.04 did qualify as emergency issues, but could have been prevented by adequate primary care. The Medicaid-driven increases in each of these categories was statistically significant, meaning that the differences were large enough that they are highly unlikely to be statistical noise.

So the whole premise of your OP appears to be untrue, PM.

Or just another lie from the Obamacare supporters. :D

So, PM, isn't it ironic that Obamacare is increasing ER usage?

You did know that, didn't you?

Who said I was a fan of "ObamaCare?" It's pretty clear to me the only thing the ACA is going to help is the profits of insurance companies.

What are your proposed solutions? Do you have any?

(Did you watch the documentary? It's on NetFlix. Only an hour)

Oh? I'm sorry? Weren't you the one who just said a few posts ago ( see below) the government should buy health insurance for all those who don't have it? I was curious as to how that would work.

Now you are backpedaling. So now you are saying there should be no health insurance coverage (& thus care limited to ER's only) for those who fall between the cracks of MedicAid & being able to afford insurance? Is that your proposal?

Woman, you have got to be the most dense person I have ever conversed with. Get a damn dictionary. Look up the definition of the word, "could." Next, look up the definition of the word, "should." Notice how they are different? Notice how one denotes a possibility and the other denotes some kind of moral obligation? Now go back and look at what I wrote.

And I am not backpedaling. I never once advocated the government buying anyone's health care. I have never in my life taken that position and I never will. I have never advocated using the threat of violence to force anyone to buy anything. And do you know why? Because it's amoral. Just because it isn't you behind the gun doesn't mean you are any less culpable when that violence is used. Supporting it is the same as doing it. I believe it was Edmund Burke who wrote, "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men [or women] to do nothing."

Who said I was a fan of "ObamaCare?"

you also said this to me, so...

I guess I dont understand the point of this thread

(I quit netflix a couple years before they went to streaming, now I do my own streaming)

so briefly... what are you trying to say with this thread ?