Pisses me off

If u get food stamps, there are restrictions on what u can buy, but u CAN buy a Hoagie (cold) at the supermkt. I can understand this as even poor folks should be able to treat themselves once in a while.

However...i was in line for a sub the other day and there's this woman in front of me using a food benefit card and she's ordering 8 subs.

8 damn subs.

Apparently, this is how she's feeding the family that day.

That's not what the prgrm is meant to do.

It's meant to allow someone to buy fresh, wholesome food to cook for the family.

She's going to ruin it for the other recipients by abusing the system, imo.

I doubt a crack dealer is going to accept steaks rather than money.

I would'nt.

And it's a card, hard to abuse that way.

i've bought $200 off of someone's card for $100. i've did it a few times. not in the past couple years, but when i lived on the west side

i knew a couple girls that would let me take the card to kroger and do that. i figured what the hell.

If u get food stamps, there are restrictions on what u can buy, but u CAN buy a Hoagie (cold) at the supermkt. I can understand this as even poor folks should be able to treat themselves once in a while.

However...i was in line for a sub the other day and there's this woman in front of me using a food benefit card and she's ordering 8 subs.

8 damn subs.

It's meant to allow someone to buy fresh, wholesome food to cook for the family.

Why are you making sense?

would you have felt better if she paid with cash ?

I have seen you take the opposing view "get the gov out of my purse"

draino is just jealous, he didnt get an 8 hoagie EBT card

poor worthless ngr

how do you know its not for crack ?

or to attract new baby daddies ?

prove she fed her family

dumbazz...

8 damn subs.

you just can't micromanage everything. I know the few dollars I give to a local drunk sometimes ain't gonna make it to a greek yogurt. but so what. it leaves him a bit of dignity to make his own decision.

8 damn subs.

You finally said something that makes sense.

And they said it couldn't be done. :)

8 damn subs.

So you are upset she was not going by the dano diet. Typical control freak liberal.

8 damn subs.

Im shocked! SHOCKED! a goverment program is not being used as intended.

LOL!

For the past few months congress has been trying to hammer out a new farm bill, which is where the funding for food stamps comes from. Foods stamps has become an 80 billion dollar a year cost to taxpayers, and you can be sure that billions of dollars are lost to fraud. So, I floated a plan to kill several birds with one stone, which many people found to be exciting.

I suggested that congress cut food stamps by 6.4 billion dollars a year, and mitigate the pain by making an effort to root out fraud. Many people get 300 bucks a month in food stamps, them sell them for 150 dollars to buy a bag of weed, case of beer, bottle of whiskey, and a handful of slim jims.

If they took the 6.4 billion dollars a year, they could give one million dollars a month to every congressman and senator. There are 535 congressman and senators, so that would be 535 million dollars a month x 12 = 6.4 billion dollars a year.

The congress and senators would put that money in a capital investment fund in their district. People with great ideas, startups, and business expansion could use the capital as low interest loans and/or grants.

Their would be the obvious desire to play politics with the money - dems wouldn't help repubs and vice versa, but if you have to give an account of the money, you would want to invest in great ideas regardless of their political affiliation.

I suggested that each congressman and senator hire a team to manage the accounts for their office. Perhaps have a 4 person investment team of a banker to crunch numbers, a lawyer to keep it legal, a business person to judge feasibility, and a news person to report on the account.

Each congress and senator would get 12 million dollars a year, and be expected to show a balance of at least that much, and actually turn a profit since they are investing capital. They could negotiate loans at interest, a percentage of the business, and so on.

The whole idea is sort of based on the parable of the talents in the gospels.

The problem in Capitalist America is a lack of access to capital, and a lack of risk takers.

Instead of giving the 6.4 to food stamp hustlers, give it to congress people to invest, and put the onus on industrious people with good ideas and good business plans to come to you looking for capital.

Every year the accounts should be examined and reported on. If a congress person got 12 million dollars for their program, and they only show a balance of 10 million and only created 100 jobs, you might want to elect a different congress person.

If the congress person got 12 million dollars, invested 12 million, and is getting back more than that, and created 1000 jobs, you might want to keep them.

In my letter to the s.d. congress woman, I told her that she would be surprised at how fast we could turn this ship around in America if we used tax money as investment capital, and made it available to people with great ideas and plans.

HER CONCERN WAS THAT SHE WOULDN'T SUPPORT IT BECAUSE IT HAS THE POTENTIAL TO MAKE THE DEMOCRAT PRESIDENT OBAMA LOOK GOOD. IF A REPUBLICAN WAS PREZ, SHE WOULD ENTHUSIASTICALLY SUPPORT IT BECAUSE SHE THINKS IT WOULD BE A GREAT PROGRAM, AND IT WOULD SEPERATE THE GOOD PUBLIC SERVANTS FROM THE BAD ONES.

America's biggest problem is a lack of venture capital, and people with capital are unwilling to risk it. They want little risk and big returns. Seems to me the best way to provide capital for worthy ventures is to use tax money and let elected officials manage the capital, and judge them by their performance. The numbers won't lie.

I think it is disgraceful that republicans don't want to do anything to help improve the economy because they are worried Obama will get credit for it. Theyd rather do nothing, or sabotage, rather than help.

Jan. 22, 2014. Howie Carr. Boston Herald.

Last night’s snowstorm postponed the snow job that is Deval Patrick’s State of the State address. But don’t worry, I can sum up the State of the State in three words: Kelly Jean Gagnon.

Age 37, she was arrested in Taunton last week and charged with possession of 19 grams of heroin.

And 13 EBT cards. That’s right, 13 EBT cards.

So governor, how’s that crackdown on welfare fraud coming along?

“Sounds to me like she’s selling drugs and taking their EBT cards for payment,” said state Rep. Shaunna O’Connell (R-Taunton), who’s been leading the fight for reform of the fraud-ridden program.

You know how Deval would describe Kelly Jean Gagnon. She’s an “anecdote.”

An anecdote who, according to the cops, had the 19 grams of heroin stashed in her bra.

The Department of Transitional Assistance issued a statement yesterday saying they were aware of the Gagnon case and “we will take action to close cases and impose additional penalties, including disqualification, where warranted.”

Disqualification — that means taking away the junkies’ EBT cards. I’ll believe it when I see it. The Bristol County District Attorney’s Office said yesterday that “multiple” EBT cards recovered were in Gagnon’s name. Another question: How did she have “multiple” EBT cards?

Other unanswered questions last night: Do the cops now know the names of the “rightful” card holders who gave them to the alleged heroin dealer? What was the total amount of cash on the cards? Hello … hello … is anybody home?

A guy texted me last night: “I used to be a heroin addict, I’m five years clean. I can tell you, every junkie trades his card for drugs or money. Every single one. If it comes down to drugs or money, it’s drugs every time.”

O’Connell, with the rest of the House Republicans and a handful of Democrats, have been trying to turn off the cash spigot on the EBT cards, which is known as TANF — Temporary Aid to Needy Families.

Deval and the rest of the enablers agreed to stop allowing the use of EBT cards in places like package stores. Now you have to walk across the street to an ATM machine to get the cash for your next 40-ouncer. Some reform.

Of course the moonbats insist that these are all … anecdotes. In Maine, an ongoing expose has revealed the use of EBT cards in Hawaii and Disney World.

O’Connell said, “This is another argument for drug-testing recipients.”

Good luck with that one. A federal judge in Florida threw out that state’s drug-testing for welfare recipients last month. Apparently, it’s constitutional to test someone who works for a living, but unconstitutional to test bums who refuse to work.

I’m sure Gov. Patrick will give us all an update on this latest EBT scandal when he finally delivers his State of the State address.

teabaggers are outraged by the poor eating sandwiches

hey dumbazz... stop lying you pathetic liar

dont you ever check the facts before you post such stupidity ?

this thread is draino complaining about sandwiches, so... your dumbazz thinks draino is a tea party ?

you blame the tea party ? what did you have against the Boston Tea Party ?

admit it dumbazz...

you are the dumbest moron on the forum...

Pisses me off

Started by dano bivins, Yesterday, 07:16 AM <<< is this how you spell "tea party" ?

you pathetic twitiot...

you hit it on the head. That's a favorite scam for GOP congress people. They buy a farm with no intention of farming, then they get paid not to farm, or they get farm subsidies.

The S.D. congress woman gets over $500,000 a year, and she is one of the ones that writes the farm bill.

Most of the farm bill goes for food stamps, but GOP congress people like to include gravy for themselves.

The S.D. GOP congress person is such a freakin hypocrite. All she does is cry about big government and entitlements, yet she has a farm but doesn't farm, and she gets 1/2 million a year just for owning the farm, then she gets property tax breaks because she doesn't farm her land.

Plus, her husband sells crop insurance which the government essentially pays for, and they get disaster money if a storm blows thru.

In addition to the 1/2 million bucks she gets for owning a farm and not farming, she gets another 1/4 million in salary and benes.

She lists her assets at just over 100K, and tries to play the poor old common person.

The Michelle Bachmann farm probably got 1/4 million dollars not to farm too. That's why they don't want to cut food stamps - because the media would report on their thieving asses.

that rant was in reply to huntfishlib post about the Bachmann farm. the quote didn't take.

The Bachmann farm gets $260,000 in welfare and teabaggers are outraged by the poor eating sandwiches. The 1% has won.

he's a flaming liberal-leftist, you imbecile. if you spent more time concerned with the corruption and fraud in your own ideology

like dano demonstrates he does sometimes......you might not tend to look like a total dumb ass with every post you make, which has become

your MO.