Christ the Savior is Born!

I know, I know, Jesus was not born on Dec 25...

As we sang the songs tonight in church, the word "savior" were repeated over and over in song and preached.

Yet not one time, ever, have I heard from my church or ANY church about the word savior.

It is sang and mentioned in the same breath of Jesus by all.

What does it mean?

Full Definition of SAVIOR

: one that saves from danger or destruction
: one who brings salvation; specifically capitalized : jesus 1
sal·va·tion noun \sal-ˈvā-shən\

in Christianity : the act of saving someone from sin or evil : the state of being saved from sin or evil

: something that saves someone or something from danger or a difficult situation

Yes, Jesus is a savior. I would ask each of you to ponder on this night WHY we NEED a savior. What is Jesus SAVING US from???? God's Love? Heaven? Mercy?

Those are the things always cited by the church about God.

Have you listened to the church?

Do we need a savior from those things?

I don't think so.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As we sang the songs tonight in church, the word "savior" were repeated over and over in song and preached.

Yet not one time, ever, have I heard from my church or ANY church about the word savior.

What does it mean?

in Christianity : the act of saving someone from sin or evil : the state of being saved from sin or evil

: something that saves someone or something from danger or a difficult situation

Yes, Jesus is a savior. I would ask each of you to ponder on this night WHY we NEED a savior. What is Jesus SAVING US from???? God's Love? Heaven? Mercy?

I don't think so.

It's ok . Jesus Christ is fictional so you can celebrate his birth when you like .

It's fine , Jesus the Jew was April .

The sun god was born on the 25th of December in a cave,

But celebrate as you want . It's not important on when,

That you do it salvation its love of one another , something missing in the conbaggers ideals . It worth calibrate .

Lefty...I'm going to pray that you get over your hatred, intolerance and bitterness.

I might even have to call the Church Lady (my mom) in on this one. You'll be joining Cannonpointer who is already on her list ! So let that be a hint to you !

BTW: Christ is not a name, it is a title.

It's ok . Jesus Christ is fictional so you can celebrate his birth when you like .

It's fine , Jesus the Jew was April .

The sun god was born on the 25th of December in a cave,

But celebrate as you want . It's not important on when,

That you do it salvation its love of one another , something missing in the conbaggers ideals . It worth calibrate .

Stop drinking...

What does it mean?

I don't think so.

Why do we need a saviour? Well, I for one don't think we should. God created us, He is all-knowing, all-seeing, so He knew in advance exactly what the human race would be like, yet he went ahead and created us anyway. What possible reason did He do that? Is He just plain old mean, creating billions of people He knows beforehand would suffer for all eternity? Does He really experience the same awful character flaws we imperfect humans do? We shouldn't need saving. I didn't ask to be born and if I had had the opportunity, I would have said "No way".

But then again, I know that you, Texasman, believe in this imperfect God. For me he is an unconditional loving entity. I love my children so much, that although they have needed punishment at times, there is no way I would ever condemn them to eternal suffering. Not even if they were the vilest of humans. THAT is unconditional love. You know, unconditional, without conditions. And I know my love is nothing compared to God's love.

What does it mean?

I don't think so.

Away in a Manger...

Christianity is exactly the same religion as Mithraism as to context.

Jesus was the name of the individual to whom miracles and philosophy

is attributed as to christianity.

The Christ is the holy spirit of unconditional LOVE.

phony "christians" in this country are the exact opposite of true christians.

True Christians follow the teachings of Jesus such as to rid themselves of material

things and to help the poor and the sick.

Republicans refused to help the poor and unemployed that they caused

to lose their jobs by sending US factories to asia and bringing in illegals for

lower pay.

Republicans refuse to help the sick by refusing to work with obamacare

so doctors and hospitals can be paid instead of having their ERs clogged

up with uninsured and especially those whom insurance companies refuse

to cover for bogus phony reasons when the real reason is just huge profits.

Republicans refuse to end their killing and maiming of our soldiers and

civilians in the mid east.

Republicans are the opposite of christians. They worship the anti-christ - money.

Why do we need a saviour? Well, I for one don't think we should. God created us, He is all-knowing, all-seeing, so He knew in advance exactly what the human race would be like, yet he went ahead and created us anyway. What possible reason did He do that? Is He just plain old mean, creating billions of people He knows beforehand would suffer for all eternity? Does He really experience the same awful character flaws we imperfect humans do? We shouldn't need saving. I didn't ask to be born and if I had had the opportunity, I would have said "No way".

But then again, I know that you, Texasman, believe in this imperfect God. For me he is an unconditional loving entity. I love my children so much, that although they have needed punishment at times, there is no way I would ever condemn them to eternal suffering. Not even if they were the vilest of humans. THAT is unconditional love. You know, unconditional, without conditions. And I know my love is nothing compared to God's love.

I actually agree with what you say and I feel the same way. Just because we may feel this way does not change what the bible says though.

Look at the flood. We came very close to being wiped out. For some reason, God will not rip out our brains and make us robots. Why I don't know. If we believe, then we believe God is all powerful. Why not just CHANGE the people here on Earth? But that is not what He did - God killed them.

I also believe this carries on to the after life. We are still our own person. God will not rip out our soul and make us a robot that will love him. I don't know why. We continue our existence. Those that reject God now will continue to reject Him. God could, but won't, rip out their souls so they could love and worship him.

Instead, perhaps true unconditional love is to give a being a choice. Those that choose to reject God are given exactly what they want--separation from God. For God to brainwash or force love it denies the meaning of the word.

Those that choose to reject God today will also reject him when they are re-born.

Maybe someday you will see it as I have come to see it - that is the real true love God has for us.

Jesus died about 2000 years ago. He's still dead, and he isn't coming back.

if he's so dead to you.....why is he still alive enough that you and millions worldwide celebrate his life and execution whether you like it or not?

why are you even trying to make a statement in this thread?

if he's so dead to you.....why is he still alive enough that you and millions worldwide celebrate his life and execution whether you like it or not?

why are you even trying to make a statement in this thread?

I just show up for the food and drink!

What does it mean?

I don't think so.

Another Mexican crossed the boarder?

What does it mean?

I don't think so.

Think about this solar system for a second and compare it to an ideologue and disciples circling around a central character role.

Jersus had 12 disciples and a witches coven has 13 players of that covenant. One center capitol of thought and 12 recitors of what one said. Now a solar system such as this one doesn't have 12 planets revolving around the same light, but all those revolving around the star have a light side and a dark side and the star doesn't, Why?

To rescue others from dangerous practices of ignoring the self evident, which side of reality faces the real moment? Good, evil, politics, religion, economics, academia, ethics, laws that rule stages of societal evolution where character matters by how loyal one is to the scriptures of policies in defining who's who by rank has its privileges being immune to rule of law?

KNOW SELF CONTAINMENT INSIDE OUT, or self evident will be every body's blind spot in reality worshipping life from the outside in by means of "What if" hypotheticals setting the stage of idealistuic principals leadiung incomplete principles of compounding interest of aNCESTRY KEEPING A SPECIES RELATIVE TO BEING HERE NOW, ONE LIFETIME AT A TIME.

Sorry about the caps, I wasn't yelling from the mountain top, just the center of cybersapce..

You see, that's the thing about gifts. You don't ask for them. They are given to you because that person cares for you.

God doesn't condemn people to eternal punsishment. We choose not to be with God. It is our choice. Hell is the consequence of rejecting God. God's purpose is for us is to be with Him, not for him to spit out a bunch of rules to punish us.

You are just thinking about your own human condition. Your life is much more than that. You were made with great love and with great purpose. Your acceptance or rejection of God, does not affect God's truth.

Step away from the C@ck and accept jesus as your savior

Does Jesus love black people? Can black people go to heaven?