Loser Liberalism Piece

Read this article. It hits on a the big issues we have with our economy today. We can make something positive if we work together. It ain't rocket science, but yes, it includes rocket science and everything else under the sun.

Hey rightturnsonly,

Did you even read the story in the link I provided? I highly doubt it. It's about econ 101. And it has nothing to do with tyranny son. Heavens above, we all want our tax dollar to go to something that is good for all, the common man. The problem with the economy is lack of demand. Ever hear about the giant sucking sound that started about 30 plus years ago? Yeah, that's about trade deficits that sucked a couple trillion out of our economy. We live in a consumer society, problem is a large degree of what we consume is produced somewhere else.

It's tyranny when people don't know the truth. A few million spent on misinformation campaigns pays huge dividends. Back to taxes, ever ponder about tax expenditures? Ever wonder why there's so much money spent in politics, in corporate lobbying? Ever wonder about wrong wars and the trillions spent on these wars - much of it borrowed causing more debt.

The problem is the strong dollar. It puts downward pressure on job creation. The Federal Reserve Board works very hard to keep inflation unrealistically low and this keeps the dollar strong - hence trade deficits and lack of jobs. What we have seen in the last 20 odd years is nothing but economic bubbles. We did see budget surpluses under Clinton, but this was only short-term, and due to a bubble that

tanked as all bubbles do. See, the system does not work for the people, it works for those who control it, those who like a strong dollar. If you are very rich you like a strong dollar, that just makes sense.

We need to change the Federal Reserves governing structure - make it work for people, and by this I mean, you and me.

Remember taxes for the government is revenue, subtract from that tax expenditures - those expenditures for the rich. Take the home mortgage expenditure most of us get when we finance a home. The average person gets an expenditure when they borrow a couple hundred thousand let's say, while the multi-millionaire gains much more, and remember what the average multi-millionaire gains doesn't usually go back into the economy - instead it goes into a place to invest, the stock market where companies compete in the global market place.

And what about war. What happens when your government prosecutes a war that in the end does more harm than good? Take the Iraq war and think about the trillions borrowed from other countries to pay for it. As far as the government spending money, even borrowed money to stimulate the economy, it simply doesn't in this case. Why do you think that is? Because most of the money spent didn't flow back into the economy back home. However, a lot of people did get rich over it.

I do not like tyranny any more than you do my friend. I want a government that works for all. One that works for the people. Hell man, that's the very least I would expect from my government.

So read the article, if you did, try reading it again. It's saying you can't get by with just so-called lazy liberalism, instead it suggest you do need a social safety net combined with an economic system that protects jobs. And both are very doable things.

Peace!

Hey rightturnsonly,

Did you even read the story in the link I provided? I highly doubt it. It's about econ 101. And it has nothing to do with tyranny son. Heavens above, we all want our tax dollar to go to something that is good for all, the common man. The problem with the economy is lack of demand. Ever hear about the giant sucking sound that started about 30 plus years ago? Yeah, that's about trade deficits that sucked a couple trillion out of our economy. We live in a consumer society, problem is a large degree of what we consume is produced somewhere else.

It's tyranny when people don't know the truth. A few million spent on misinformation campaigns pays huge dividends. Back to taxes, ever ponder about tax expenditures? Ever wonder why there's so much money spent in politics, in corporate lobbying? Ever wonder about wrong wars and the trillions spent on these wars - much of it borrowed causing more debt.

The problem is the strong dollar. It puts downward pressure on job creation. The Federal Reserve Board works very hard to keep inflation unrealistically low and this keeps the dollar strong - hence trade deficits and lack of jobs. What we have seen in the last 20 odd years is nothing but economic bubbles. We did see budget surpluses under Clinton, but this was only short-term, and due to a bubble that

tanked as all bubbles do. See, the system does not work for the people, it works for those who control it, those who like a strong dollar. If you are very rich you like a strong dollar, that just makes sense.

We need to change the Federal Reserves governing structure - make it work for people, and by this I mean, you and me.

Remember taxes for the government is revenue, subtract from that tax expenditures - those expenditures for the rich. Take the home mortgage expenditure most of us get when we finance a home. The average person gets an expenditure when they borrow a couple hundred thousand let's say, while the multi-millionaire gains much more, and remember what the average multi-millionaire gains doesn't usually go back into the economy - instead it goes into a place to invest, the stock market where companies compete in the global market place.

And what about war. What happens when your government prosecutes a war that in the end does more harm than good? Take the Iraq war and think about the trillions borrowed from other countries to pay for it. As far as the government spending money, even borrowed money to stimulate the economy, it simply doesn't in this case. Why do you think that is? Because most of the money spent didn't flow back into the economy back home. However, a lot of people did get rich over it.

I do not like tyranny any more than you do my friend. I want a government that works for all. One that works for the people. Hell man, that's the very least I would expect from my government.

So read the article, if you did, try reading it again. It's saying you can't get by with just so-called lazy liberalism, instead it suggest you do need a social safety net combined with an economic system that protects jobs. And both are very doable things.

Peace!

I read it. I just see what I pointed out as a bigger problem. If you don't like tyranny, you should consider allowing each taxpayer to choose how they wish to represent their tax dollars.

If you don't like war, don't put any money toward a military. Don't like subsidies for the oil companies or farmers, don't put any of your hard earned tax dollars toward those causes. If you can't decide where to go with your tax dollars but don't like where the republicans would put them, transfer your liberty to choose to democrats.

The lesson here is that however another taxpayer wishes to represent his/her tax money, it is first his/her decision to do so, not yours. Anything less is tyranny.

I read it. I just see what I pointed out as a bigger problem. If you don't like tyranny, you should consider allowing each taxpayer to choose how they wish to represent their tax dollars.

If you don't like war, don't put any money toward a military. Don't like subsidies for the oil companies or farmers, don't put any of your hard earned tax dollars toward those causes. If you can't decide where to go with your tax dollars but don't like where the republicans would put them, transfer your liberty to choose to democrats.

The lesson here is that however another taxpayer wishes to represent his/her tax money, it is first his/her decision to do so, not yours. Anything less is tyranny.

But remember...barn-door knows best.

He can tell us how to think and what to think.

Wait a sec, personreal & rightturnsonly, what are you saying here?

No, I don't tell anyone how to think, that's impossible. Are you saying stop all taxation? You want everything to be completely private, is that it? Are you saying, forget any rules, people will just do as they please and free trade will sort it all out in the end?

I'm just wondering if you could add a bit more to what you're saying. The article I posted was based on economic policy, the way to regulate economics. It's trying to say that your government should be working towards jobs and economic prosperity, and not so much on keeping the rich richer still.

Look, Keynes was a pretty smart guy. During the great depression we used government spending to seed an economy that was pretty much dead and it succeeded. I know, some will say, hey man it was WWII that brought prosperity - well, this was also government spending based on borrowing and tax revenue on into the future. But, after WWII, progress would have stopped if it weren't for a very tidy trade surplus.... and yes, we had a much higher tax rate on the wealthy which didn't stop nobody from achieving their dream.

Be real. I'd hate to think I could put thoughts into your head, or brainwash anyone.

Peace!

Wait a sec, personreal & rightturnsonly, what are you saying here?

Well I don't know about personreal. What I said, is that if you don't believe in the taxpayers right to represent their own taxes, you are proceeding from a tyrannical mindset, even if it is tyranny light.

No, I don't tell anyone how to think, that's impossible. Actually, it is quite easy to tell anyone how to think. For some it is impossible to make them think that way. Are you saying stop all taxation? No, although I am upfront that no taxation should be the ultimate goal. You want everything to be completely private, is that it? No. Are you saying, forget any rules, people will just do as they please and free trade will sort it all out in the end? No. There are rules to keep free trade, free trade. The main rule is "don't make rules that impede free trade".

I'm just wondering if you could add a bit more to what you're saying. The article I posted was based on economic policy, the way to regulate economics. It's trying to say that your government should be working towards jobs and economic prosperity, and not so much on keeping the rich richer still. The more government interferes, the more unintended consequences that pop up.

Look, Keynes was a pretty smart guy. During the great depression we used government spending to seed an economy that was pretty much dead and it succeeded. I know, some will say, hey man it was WWII that brought prosperity - well, this was also government spending based on borrowing and tax revenue on into the future. But, after WWII, progress would have stopped if it weren't for a very tidy trade surplus.... and yes, we had a much higher tax rate on the wealthy which didn't stop nobody from achieving their dream. This doesn't make it a universal truth that should always be done.

Be real. I'd hate to think I could put thoughts into your head, or brainwash anyone.

Peace!

No one knows what would have happened. You only know what could have happened.

I don't know that much about Keynes, but even he must have surmised a point of no return to deficit spending.

rightturnsonly,

so that makes less sense then what all the bozos on this board post? WTF is wrong with you wing-nuts? No point of return are you that absolutely clueless? No one knows what will happen... we know what did happen fool!

Peace!

one last piece of wisdom to all you losers,

Deficit spending is a very good thing when it's needed, it's a dumb idea when it's not needed. It's stupid to spend government tax revenue when the economy is good instead of paying down the debt, and it's absolutely stupid for the government not to spend money, or even borrow money to put into an economy when there's an economic downturn and business won't. Are you suggesting a business will just be altruistic and create jobs on their own?

Bush cut taxes for Christ sake, during a freaking economic boom - albeit, the boom was just a tech bubble. Then, the idiot called the housing bubble proof that his ridiculous tax cutting policy proved his tax cuts were the right move. And this shit happened again and again, you can almost check your watch by such stupidity.

Good luck for your dumb ideology. I for one wouldn't count on it. The truth is, most people aren't as dumb as all that thank god. A new day of truth will happen, too bad it didn't happen twenty years ago.

If it had a lot more people would have jobs and the deficit would be a surplus by now.

Peace!

rightturnsonly,

so that makes less sense then what all the bozos on this board post? WTF is wrong with you wing-nuts? No point of return are you that absolutely clueless? No one knows what will happen... we know what did happen fool!

Peace!

I may be a fool, but I am a fool that knows when you overspend now, only to have future taxpayers cover paying for that overspending, you have effectively denied those future taxpayers, that had no say in the overspending, their liberty.

You may not be clueless about this fact, but your unwillingness to acknowledge this behaviour is wrong and contradictory to "taxation with representation", is a clear indication of YOUR tyrannical mindset.