who said "the end user NEVER owes sales tax to the state" ?

I found this interesting

"Colorado, Oklahoma, South Dakota & Vermont Residents: Musician's Friend is not obligated to, and does not, collect sales tax in your state. Your purchase is subject to sales/use tax in these states unless it is specifically exempt from taxation. The purchase is not exempt merely because it is made over the Internet or by other remote means. These states require that you file a sales/use tax return at the end of the year reporting all of the purchases that were not taxed on those purchases. Retailers that do not collect sales tax in these states are obligated to provide purchasers an end-of-year sumary of purchases in order to assist them in filing their tax report. Retailers that do not collect sales tax in these states may be required by law to provide the Department of Revenue with an annual report of the total amount of all of your purchases above certain thresholds. Details on how to file this return may be found at your applicable Department of Revenue website.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Danelectro-12SDC-12-String-Electric-Guitar-Black/131003453596?_trksid=p2047675.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D18775%26meid%3D3505446200402639028%26pid%3D100005%26prg%3D8532%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D161173703962%26

I knew there were instances where the end user was required to pay the tax to the state... libloons always lie

there are other examples too

like paying a use tax to the dmv after you buy a car

ps, I thought vermont didnt have sales tax, when did that change ?