Rush Limbaugh vs Pope Francis

After Pope Francis critiqued market capitalism earlier this month, prompting conservative Rush Limbaugh to describe the rant as "Marxist," white media liberals, not surprisingly, sided with His Holiness while they lambasted the radio talk show host.

Normally, white libs revel in any conservative vs conservative public fight.

But liberals always defend and elevate anybody who badmouths capitalism.

What is most interesting in this public dustup, of course, is that white media libs are siding with a man who still condemns liberal feminism's Un-Holy Sacrament of abortion.

Firstly I don't know any liberals who "always defend and elevate anybody who badmouths capitalism." not supporting all the excesses is hardly the same thing. Secondly "What is most interesting in this public dustup, of course, is that white media libs are siding with a man who still condemns liberal feminism's Un-Holy Sacrament of abortion." The argument had nothing to do with abortion so why would it be relevant to mention it?

Anyway it was hardly only liberals taking the same side as the Pope, virtually everyone was, the Catholic church is hardly a liberal organisation. Yes I think Pope Francis has proven himself to be very intelligent and compassionate and yes I agree with him on many things, but I reject the idea that he has any divine inspiration and can be flawed and believe things I disagree with. This doesn't make everything he said wrong.

the stars of social engineering in competition to rule hearts and minds to control ancestral body and soul thoughts of what life can remain as long as nobody knows how and why life is self contained to their specific skin and this specific atmosphere built with this specific molecular mass of periodic elements.

Let the metaphors rule..

Firstly I don't know any liberals who "always defend and elevate anybody who badmouths capitalism." not supporting all the excesses is hardly the same thing. Secondly "What is most interesting in this public dustup, of course, is that white media libs are siding with a man who still condemns liberal feminism's Un-Holy Sacrament of abortion." The argument had nothing to do with abortion so why would it be relevant to mention it?

Anyway it was hardly only liberals taking the same side as the Pope, virtually everyone was, the Catholic church is hardly a liberal organisation. Yes I think Pope Francis has proven himself to be very intelligent and compassionate and yes I agree with him on many things, but I reject the idea that he has any divine inspiration and can be flawed and believe things I disagree with. This doesn't make everything he said wrong.

I agree with your post. I can agree with many of things that the pope says, without agreeing with everything. I'm not Catholic, but I do think he is a breath of fresh air in the Catholic Church. The concepts of caring for those in need, is an important premise in Christian beliefs. The mansions with servants and the luxurious lifestyle of many of the bishops, archbishops, and cardinals was a long way from the religion founded by a simple carpenter.

He has been working to clean up the Vatican Bank and get rid of the corruption within the church.

A great man and inspiring religious leader.

I agree with your post. I can agree with many of things that the pope says, without agreeing with everything. I'm not Catholic, but I do think he is a breath of fresh air in the Catholic Church. The concepts of caring for those in need, is an important premise in Christian beliefs. The mansions with servants and the luxurious lifestyle of many of the bishops, archbishops, and cardinals was a long way from the religion founded by a simple carpenter.

He has been working to clean up the Vatican Bank and get rid of the corruption within the church.

A great man and inspiring religious leader.

A "great man"? Am "inspiring religious leader"? Glad to hear such effusive praise from a lib. Wait until he starts reiterating the Vatican's position on homosexual marriage and the feminist's un-holy sacrament of abortion. You'll love it.

A "great man"? Am "inspiring religious leader"? Glad to hear such effusive praise from a lib. Wait until he starts reiterating the Vatican's position on homosexual marriage and the feminist's un-holy sacrament of abortion. You'll love it.

If I recall, I didn't say I agreed with all of his positions, or the Catholic church's positions, because I'm not Catholic. I do find his return to Christ's original message of love and generosity as a refreshing change.

He is an inspiring religious leader. He certainly inspired me!

After Pope Francis critiqued market capitalism earlier this month, prompting conservative Rush Limbaugh to describe the rant as "Marxist," white media liberals, not surprisingly, sided with His Holiness while they lambasted the radio talk show host.

Normally, white libs revel in any conservative vs conservative public fight.

But liberals always defend and elevate anybody who badmouths capitalism.

What is most interesting in this public dustup, of course, is that white media libs are siding with a man who still condemns liberal feminism's Un-Holy Sacrament of abortion.

Personally I think Pope Frncis is the Anti-Christ.