Guests feel free to register and post ×
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS AND GUESTS FEEL FREE TO REGISTER AND POST ×
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS AND GUESTS ×
guests can now post ×
welcome guests . feel free to test the waters. ×

Rich kid kills 4, suffers from affluenza

I believe the rich should have the same rights as the middle class or the poor. The rich already get the most advantages from a system that secures their wealth and property and provides them an environment that allows them to accumulate more wealth. It makes me sick that some people think the wealthy deserve additional perks. That is a warped sense of the American way. Sounds like China.

I believe the rich should have the same rights as the middle class or the poor. The rich already get the most advantages from a system that secures their wealth and property and provides them an environment that allows them to accumulate more wealth. It makes me sick that some people think the wealthy deserve additional perks. That is a warped sense of the American way. Sounds like China.

Ya those people like John Edwards. He gets 55 gs to give a speech on poverty.

This judge is a registered Republican. This judge sentenced a non-wealthy 14-year-old black kid to 10 years lockup. The kid punched someone out and the guy fell down, hit his head, and died.

The 16-year-old rich kid is going to exclusive "rehab" facility where he can train, ride horses, watch tv, etc. He killed 4 people. This judge shows all the signs of a Texas "conservative" (wink, wink).

You have to run as a Republican in these parts.... or you don't get elected. In fact, most of them run unopposed. But that doesn't mean a shitstain liberal doesn't fall thru the cracks occasionally. Looks like we just found one. Let's put the kid on horseback instead of being traded around the cell block for a pack of Marlboro's screams "LIBERAL".

I say we give him 15 years of something you can only fantasize about.... namely, being 'prison pussy' in Huntsville.

You have to run as a Republican in these parts.... or you don't get elected. In fact, most of them run unopposed. But that doesn't mean a shitstain liberal doesn't fall thru the cracks occasionally. Looks like we just found one. Let's put the kid on horseback instead of being traded around the cell block for a pack of Marlboro's screams "LIBERAL".

I say we give him 15 years of something you can only fantasize about.... namely, being 'prison pussy' in Huntsville.

Nice try, but major fail. She's hardcore southern nutjob. Bad liberal judges don't throw poor kids in jail and let rich kids go to powder school. Own it conservatives.

The kid had been drinking, and was also on Valuum... It's an outragous injustice, but we've seen this before with rich kids... I recall some years ago Hulk Hogan's son also walked from a similar case, though he didn't kill 4 other kids.... I saw the parents of one of the victims after the verdict was announced.. They were devestated, my heart goes out to them...They lost a child, and were then slapped in the face.

From what I read, some big-box store has security video of the kid's passengers stealing two cases of beer from them that night. What kind of total incompetence and, well, lack of security on the store's part allows that to happen? The store should straight up lose their privilege to sell alcohol because of this.

I'm not sure how much of the blame can be heaped on a store that was victim of shoplifting...They could have easily stolen booze from their parents liqour cabinet...Would the parents then be to blame?

When you get behind the wheel, you are responsible for your actions and the safety of your passengers... The kid was phucked up on beer and valuum.

This is a story that will warm the hearts of the nutjobs here at NHB. I Texas repub judge agrees with the "affluenza" defense. The judge sympathized with him because he grew up so wealthly. Aaaawwww, poor baby, we certainly can't look him up. He's got his trust funds to look after.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/os-rich-teen-dui-probation-12112013,0,1854556.post

Typical of the foolish concept of progressives. All evil behavior is because of people environment.

A store does not have to keep the beer out where it can easily be lifted. I mean, two cases, come on, that is ridiculous.

I've seen more blatant and far worse, having been in the restaurant/bar business for over 20 years.. I saw theft as an owner and manager that you wouldn't believe... Here's just a few...

1. A bus-boy trying to steal a Keg of Bud Light, by rolling it out the back door of the kitchen ( assisted by a cook)..

2. A bar-tender stealing more than $600 in a single shift... We hired a spotter that posed as a customer and watched, as she did this out of our view..

3. A dishwasher wrapping a case of NY Strips in a plastic bag---burrying it in the trash can---then removing it from the dumpster at the end of the night.

4. Another bus-boy stealing server tips off tables in plain view of customers who alerted us.

5. A Hostess walking out the front door with the tops of 3 Grey Goose bottles protruding from her backpack...You could hear the bottle clinking with every step

6. A waitress trying to walk out with a 5lb box of frozen Shrimp which fell out of her purse..The Shrimp was given to her by her boyfriend--another cook.

What's frightening the amount of theft we didn't catch... You only have to turn your back for a moment.. Like I said, it would have been just as easy if not easier to steal a couple bottles from their rich parent's extensive liqour cabinet or wine rack... I put the blame on the thief who drove drunk and on Valuum.

7. A customer trying to walk out the door with a mounted Sailfish they had pryed off the wall.

This isn't a rich or poor story like you all are making it out to be.... I'm betting if the story didn't have wealthy in it wouldn't be a thread or in the Orlando sentinel

This is a judge's decision and that is where it is fundementally flawed... what if the judge is a acholic ? I'm sorry but there aren't many 16 year olds who do twenty years for accidental deaths...just doesn't happen.

It is very shítty four people lost their life to a kid making bad decsions in life . I do see a need for a tougher punishment being four people are dead ...But by reading through some of the posts it seems people are stuck on the wealthy part...

I'm not sure how much of the blame can be heaped on a store that was victim of shoplifting...They could have easily stolen booze from their parents liqour cabinet...Would the parents then be to blame?

When you get behind the wheel, you are responsible for your actions and the safety of your passengers... The kid was phucked up on beer and valuum.

You never got behind the wheel buzzed on beer or high?

I've seen more blatant and far worse, having been in the restaurant/bar business for over 20 years.. I saw theft as an owner and manager that you wouldn't believe...

Nonetheless, beer, wine and HL are kind of different products compared to chocolate, tampons and Slim Jims. There is no valid reason that a store should treat an age-restricted product the same as everything else on the shelves. So it would be a tad inconvenient for the legal purchasers to have to go to the booze counter, getting killed by teenagers drunk on stolen beer is inconvenient for fleshy lifeforms.

This judge is a registered Republican. This judge sentenced a non-wealthy 14-year-old black kid to 10 years lockup. The kid punched someone out and the guy fell down, hit his head, and died.

The 16-year-old rich kid is going to exclusive "rehab" facility where he can train, ride horses, watch tv, etc. He killed 4 people. This judge shows all the signs of a Texas "conservative" (wink, wink).

I don't see a problem with this. The [African-American slur] is lucky the south has evolved, back in the day he would of been lynched for far less. I wish this nation could go back to those days. Good times Good Times. The Civil rights movement is thing worse thing to happen to Negros since the abolishment of Slavery.

This isn't a rich or poor story like you all are making it out to be.... I'm betting if the story didn't have wealthy in it wouldn't be a thread or in the Orlando sentinel

This is a judge's decision and that is where it is fundementally flawed... what if the judge is a acholic ? I'm sorry but there aren't many 16 year olds who do twenty years for accidental deaths...just doesn't happen.

It is very shítty four people lost their life to a kid making bad decsions in life . I do see a need for a tougher punishment being four people are dead ...But by reading through some of the posts it seems people are stuck on the wealthy part...

Yeah in my younger years I did.... How does that absolve the Drunk, Valuum popping under-age kid in question of responsibility for the 4 who died? Had I done what he did, I'd expect to face serious consequences... The question is why isn't he?

I don't see a problem with this. The [African-American slur] is lucky the south has evolved, back in the day he would of been lynched for far less. I wish this nation could go back to those days. Good times Good Times. The Civil rights movement is thing worse thing to happen to Negros since the abolishment of Slavery.

Exactly. The judge feels just like you. The black kid with a lesser crime got 10 years. You're a racist pig like the repub judge but I respect your honesty.

Judgement sucks.

Nothing further to add, tis the way it is at the moment.

Sun is gonna come up, and cooking shrimp omelets in a few hours.

Life goes on.

Try to get a grip on reality and not radar for something to get your drawers all up in your throat about.

Reality is a wonderful thing makes life go so much smoother.

Basically life can be good, if you let it.

Judgement sucks.

Nothing further to add, tis the way it is at the moment.

Sun is gonna come up, and cooking shrimp omelets in a few hours.

Life goes on.

Try to get a grip on reality and not radar for something to get your drawers all up in your throat about.

Reality is a wonderful thing makes life go so much smoother.

Basically life can be good, if you let it.

Life is good because the Texas repub let the rich white kid go to the fancy spa. Something tells me you'd be outraged if the outcomes were different for these 2 kids.

Nonetheless, beer, wine and HL are kind of different products compared to chocolate, tampons and Slim Jims. There is no valid reason that a store should treat an age-restricted product the same as everything else on the shelves. So it would be a tad inconvenient for the legal purchasers to have to go to the booze counter, getting killed by teenagers drunk on stolen beer is inconvenient for fleshy lifeforms.

True, but attributing responsibility like that is risky. How about the cab driver that drops someone off near a place where they sell beer?

When I lived in NY, I threw a lot of parties as I had a large apartment. Before one, my boyfriend ran into a co worker he hadn't seen in a while and invited him. The guy showed up with his late teenage "son" (he had moved in with the mother a month or so before). N.B - the kid was big, buff, and dressed like a skinhead. Fifteen minutes after they arrived, I walked into the living room and saw the kid with a beer in his hand. I immediately evicted them both, and walking back to the train the kid picked a fight with some big guys and got smacked around and arrested (he had taken other drugs and was out of his mind).

A day or two later, the mother started calling us over and over. By now we had found out how low-rent she and her son were, and suspected she wanted to blame us and threaten to sue us unless we paid her off, so we never responded. Later on we found out that was exactly what she was trying to do.

Exactly. The judge feels just like you. The black kid with a lesser crime got 10 years. You're a racist pig like the repub judge but I respect your honesty.

I wonder of any of the victims were Black. He should get a reward if they were. A Bonus reward if it was a [African-American slur] family. Personally I think the Judge wasn't racist. He sentenced the [African-American slur] boy to ten years, cause the [African-American slur] boy deliberately and intentionally hurt his victim. The Drunk driver didn't mean to hurt anyone. Do I think the sentence he got was fair? I do not, I think richie rich should have to do sometime in the slammer, maybe 2 or 3 years in gen pop at most. (If it had been a poor white boy, he'd be doing the same time the [African-American slur] Boy is doing.) As for the [African-American slur] boy, he should of got the death penalty. 2 or 3 decades ago, and the [African-American slur] would of got the death penalty, assuming he lived along enough to face sentencing. My My My how the south has changed.