Rebel58

Jesus Condemned the Rich!

It is absolutely incredulous that so many of the right wingnut minions on one hand flutter their eyes to the sky and proclaim devotion to the namesake of the christian religion, while on the other indulge in the blatant hypocrisy of selfishness, greed, and the uninhibited pursuit of wealth. And just what did Jesus, himself, have to say about that?

23 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven.24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”

Seems the wealthy are going to find the pearly gates closed upon arrival. But I'm sure Satan will have room in his eternal lake of fire for them!

It is absolutely incredulous that so many of the right wingnut minions on one hand flutter their eyes to the sky and proclaim devotion to the namesake of the christian religion, while on the other indulge in the blatant hypocrisy of selfishness, greed, and the uninhibited pursuit of wealth. And just what did Jesus, himself, have to say about that?

23 Then Jesus said to his disciples, Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven.24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.

Seems the wealthy are going to find the pearly gates closed upon arrival. But I'm sure Satan will have room in his eternal lake of fire for them!

You've conflated several different concepts, not the least of which the assumption that all rich people are selfish, greedy and uninhibited in their pursuit of wealth.

Pull that leg out and the stool. (Read: argument) collapses.

But, if your argument encompasses only those as described, you'd be correct.

We can discuss those who give versus those who don't, I suppose.

You've conflated several different concepts, not the least of which the assumption that all rich people are selfish, greedy and uninhibited in their pursuit of wealth.

Pull that leg out and the stool. (Read: argument) collapses.

But, if your argument encompasses only those as described, you'd be correct.

We can discuss those who give versus those who don't, I suppose.

Who the fuck are you to revise the words of Jesus to fit your personal agenda? What he said is very concise and irrefutable.

Who the fuck are you to revise the words of Jesus to fit your personal agenda? What he said is very concise and irrefutable.

Agreed. Why did you add the descriptors of a "rich" person?

For your theory that no rich person will ever see the kingdom of heaven, it would be necessary to disqualify at least one of Jesus' inner circle as well as the man who petitioned for the body of Christ and loaned him the family tomb (which mostly the rich could afford), if only for 3 days.

23 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven.24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”

And I'm sure you are including the likes of John Kerry, Nancy Pelosi, The Obama's, just to name a few? After all, they are all multi-millionaires....

Who the banned word are you to revise the words of Jesus to fit your personal agenda? What he said is very concise and irrefutable.

And who the fuck are you to pick and choose what you post and leave out the more important words of Jesus, you fucking hypocrite!

And I'm sure you are including the likes of John Kerry, Nancy Pelosi, The Obama's, just to name a few? After all, they are all multi-millionaires....

He's really including us all as we are all undoubtedly rich, when compared to the world.

Jesus was describing the difference between being self-directed -- which is man's natural state -- and being other-directed, which is what a Christian is, here meaning a real Christian, not someone who thinks that because he believes God exists he is a Christian, or because he goes to Church he is a Christian, or even because he gives to the poor he is a Christian. Jesus told us what it is to be a Christian: one must confess to God his sinful condition (self-directedness, which is what allows us to be greedy and murderous and thieving and all the rest), accept that he will go to Hell if he does not declare Christ to be his savior, to surrender his own plan for his life to God, and embark on a journey of discovery as to what God's plan for his life is.

Tall order. The Bible says "broad is the way to destruction; narrow is the gate to salvation and few are they who find it, italics mine.

When I see someone who claims to be a Christian and does so in an arrogant way, I do not put him down even in my mind. For I realize that he is frightened. We are all frightened and a good many, maybe most of us, will never admit it. Freud or somebody like him believed that the fear of death motivates all our thoughts and actions. I remember seeing an interview with Mel Brooks in which he said he makes funny movies to take his mind off his fear of dying.

This is such a complex subject that men and women devote their lives to try to figure it out. This conversation could go anywhere. I hope it goes somewhere useful and helpful.

That should be good enough for you. If you were a Christian, you would know that. It isn't a justification to steal from them.

I think this scripture is trying to say that one cannot buy the kingdom of heaven. (overty, in and of itself, won't get you there either. The "Kingdom of God" is within you.

I don't think Love has much to do with money.

I think this scripture is trying to say that one cannot buy the kingdom of heaven. (overty, in and of itself, won't get you there either. The "Kingdom of God" is within you.

I don't think Love has much to do with money.

I think that scripture states a consequence of "for where your treasure is, your heart will also be." If your treasure is in money, then it will be very difficult indeed to enter the kingdom of heaven.

I think that scripture states a consequence of "for where your treasure is, your heart will also be." If your treasure is in money, then it will be very difficult indeed to enter the kingdom of heaven.

Good!

23 Then Jesus said to his disciples, Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven.24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.

Its fùcking unbelievable people who do not belive in the Christian faith will turn to its teachings to make a attack on a political faction.

Seperation of church and state is only a argument if some kunt wants to infringe on anothers liberties right?

It wasn't being rich that Jesus was takling about. It was worshiping money over the Lord. Being rich isn't a sin. Worshiping lord mammon is a sin. You cannot serve two masters.

Being rich has its own struggles in the soul. You are twisting scripture to suit your politica ideology. That leads to false teachings. Either you know this and don't care or you really don't understand scripture. Either way, you are spreading false information about scripture.

Also persuing wealth is not hypocritical. It is also not a sin as long as you are persuing God and keep in mind that the wealth you have earned first belongs to God.

It wasn't being rich that Jesus was takling about. It was worshiping money over the Lord. Being rich isn't a sin. Worshiping lord mammon is a sin. You cannot serve two masters.

Being rich has its own struggles in the soul. You are twisting scripture to suit your politica ideology. That leads to false teachings. Either you know this and don't care or you really don't understand scripture. Either way, you are spreading false information about scripture.

Also persuing wealth is not hypocritical. It is also not a sin as long as you are persuing God and keep in mind that the wealth you have earned first belongs to God.

Exactly................LAZY LIBERAL THREAD

Nothing wrong with becoming wealthy as long as those you serve benefit on a personal level, something the demoralized sheep can't seem to comprehend, and i still haven't received a clear answer as to what $ point does one become rich in the eyes of a sheep?

The saddest part? the same leftist sheep always posting Jesus said this and Jesus meant that are non believers............Go figure

Exactly................LAZY LIBERAL THREAD

Nothing wrong with becoming wealthy as long as those you serve benefit on a personal level, something the demoralized sheep can't seem to comprehend, and i still haven't received a clear answer as to what $ point does one become rich in the eyes of a sheep?

The saddest part? the same leftist sheep always posting Jesus said this and Jesus meant that are non believers............Go figure

My question is do non-believers deserve to be treated bad because they are non-believers? I would think they deserve to be treated better than believer as to attrack them to believe. You cannot attract bees with vinegar.

I see so many Christians here treating atheists and liberals like trash. I include my self in this criticism. Most the time I just troll and have fun but I see far to many Christians here with foul mouths and spew hatred because someone does not believe. God tells us your words are not from God but from evil. Even atheists can see this, even though they do not believe in God.

My question is do non-believers deserve to be treated bad because they are non-believers? I would think they deserve to be treated better than believer as to attrack them to believe. You cannot attract bees with vinegar.

I see so many Christians here treating atheists and liberals like trash. I include my self in this criticism. Most the time I just troll and have fun but I see far to many Christians here with foul mouths and spew hatred because someone does not believe. God tells us your words are not from God but from evil. Even atheists can see this, even though they do not believe in God.

Conservatives here would say that pointing out their hypocrisy doesn't qualify as bad treatment or trashing them..........

Conservatives here would say that pointing out their hypocrisy doesn't qualify as bad treatment or trashing them..........

I'm not talking about pointing out their hypocrisy. I don't mind that. I am talking about spewing hatred towards them. Telling them they should die, they are going to hell, and other disgusting things. No one knows who is going to hell but God. You do not know what will happen in a persons life. I have seen die-hard atheists turn to God and be saved.

My point is you can have disagreeing views and still be a Christian.

"Thou shalt not have any other god before me" If you serve money and make it your God than yes it is a sin.

The bible also says: Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.

What are progressive liberals doing right now with the whole wealth redistribution?

More for concideration:

Blessed are you who are poor, for yours is the kingdom of God. Blessed are you who are hungry now, for you will be filled. Blessed are you who weep now, for you will laugh.” — Luke 6:20-21

But woe to you who are rich, for you have received your consolation. Woe to you who are full now, for you will be hungry. Woe to you who are laughing now, for you will mourn and weep.” — Luke 6:24-25

Teaching on Giving and Theft

Give to everyone who begs from you; and if anyone takes away your goods, do not ask for them again.” —Luke 6:30

Teaching on Lending

If you lend to those from whom you hope to receive, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, to receive as much again. But love your enemies, do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return. Your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High; for he is kind to the ungrateful and the wicked.” — Luke 6:34-35

Giving and Receiving

Do not judge, and you will not be judged; do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven; give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap; for the measure you give will be the measure you get back.” — Luke 6:37-38

Jesus spoke up and said to him, “Simon, I have something to say to you.” “Teacher,” he replied, “speak.” “A certain creditor had two debtors; one owed five hundred denarii, and the other fifty. When they could not pay, he canceled the debts for both of them. Now which of them will love him more?” Simon answered, “I suppose the one for whom he canceled the greater debt.” And Jesus said to him, “You have judged rightly.” — Luke 7:40-43

Mention of riches in the parable of the Sower

As for those who fell among the thorns, these are the ones who hear; but as they go on their way, they are choked by the cares and riches and pleasures of life, and their fruit does not mature.” — Luke 8:14

What does it profit them if they gain the whole world, but lose or forfeit themselves?” — Luke 9:25

Take care! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; for one’s life does not consist in the abundance of possessions.” — Luke 12:13-15

The land of a rich man produced abundantly. And he thought to himself, ‘What should I do, for I have no place to store my crops?’ Then he said, ‘I will do this: I will pull down my barns and build larger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods. And I will say to my soul, Soul, you have ample goods laid up for many years; relax, eat, drink, be merry.’ But God said to him, ‘You fool! This very night you life is being demanded of you. And the things you have prepared, whose will they be?’ So it is with those who store up treasures for themselves but are not rich toward God.” — Luke 12:16-21

BUT HE ALSO SAID TO WORK!!!!!

Work, Responsibility, Reward

And the Lord said, “Who then is the faithful and prudent manager whom his master will put in charge of his slaves, to give them their allowance of food at the proper time? Blessed is that slave whom his master will find at work when he arrives. Truly I tell you, he will put that one in charge of all his possessions. But if that slave says to himself, ‘My master is delayed in coming,’ and if he begins to beat the other slaves, men and women, and to eat and drink and get drunk, the master of that slave will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour that he does not know, and will cut him in pieces [or: cut him off], and put him with the unfaithful. That slave who knew what his master wanted, but did not prepare himself or do what was wanted, will receive a severe beating. But the one who did not know and did what deserved a beating will receive a light beating. From everyone to whom much has been given, much will be required; and from the one to whom much has been entrusted, even more will be demanded.” — Luke 12:42-48

So you think that Obama is going to hell for being a successful black man?

I'm not talking about pointing out their hypocrisy. I don't mind that. I am talking about spewing hatred towards them. Telling them they should die, they are going to hell, and other disgusting things. No one knows who is going to hell but God. You do not know what will happen in a persons life. I have seen die-hard atheists turn to God and be saved.

I don't tell atheist they should die - I tell them they are gonna die!

Why is telling an atheist he is going to hell disgusting? THE ATHEIST ADMITS he rejects God!

Where else is the atheist going?

A die hard atheist turning to God is no longer an atheist but a Christian.

Would you tell someone an elevator is broken and if they walk through the door they will fall to their death?

Why?

On average...liberals are 6% wealthier than conservatives.

You're trying to cite talking points by the left that wants power!

The richest people in the world are left of center. Do some homework.

Right you are.