Immigration-what nobody sees

My future has been stolen and I can't seem to get anyone to see what's happening. In the past ten years, I have watched the steady influx of illegal immigrants into my field of work, and now my business is gone and I can't even get a job in the construction business here. And why? Because the illegals have no problem working for exploitative wages, and the employers have no problem exploiting them. When this first started happening, I thought, OK, I can deal with this, it's free enterprise, I know I have a good service and my prices are competitive. But then I started getting underbid by half, a third, sometimes even a fourth, to where I couldn't stay in business without lowering my prices to where I couldn't make a living, forget a decent living. And there are so many guys like me. Towards the end, before I went under, I would get calls from guys who'd had businesses, men 45 and 50 and 55 years of age who had been contractors for years. And now they were practically begging for a $12.00 and hour job. And I thought, man, there but for the grace go I. Well, guess what. This past Saturday I went for an interview for a job for $12.00 and hour, in a field I have 24 years of experience in, in a field where I was one of the most respected contractors around, and I didn't get the job.

There are companies here who have nothing but illegals working for them. They pay them 5, 6, 7 bucks an hour. Go to any construction sight here, and I mean ANY, and you will see nothing but Hispanics, in ALL trades. And this is happening all over. And what I hear all day long is that they are doing the jobs that the average American doesn't want to do. This is one of the biggest myths/lies being told. No, what your average Joe WON'T do is work a job for half the wage that it used to be because the whole system has been dumbed down, the bar lowered to where it's impossible to even feed your kids, much less yourself.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember seeing a news story during the rebuilding of New Orleans after Katrina. The Republicans had stripped a section of the law that employees had to be paid the "prevailing wage" in the area, which meant all of the construction workers in New Orleans could not be employed because they refused to work for the $9 per hour that workers brought in from Mexico were being paid.

Many young people are not to going to vocational schools because factories are paying $10 per hour for students that have spent two years learning a trade.

We need to start supporting laws that support a livable wage.

I remember seeing a news story during the rebuilding of New Orleans after Katrina. The Republicans had stripped a section of the law that employees had to be paid the "prevailing wage" in the area, which meant all of the construction workers in New Orleans could not be employed because they refused to work for the $9 per hour that workers brought in from Mexico were being paid.

Many young people are not to going to vocational schools because factories are paying $10 per hour for students that have spent two years learning a trade.

We need to start supporting laws that support a livable wage.

WE NEED TO START DEPORTING ILLEGAL ALIENS.............HOWS THAT SOUND?

My future has been stolen and I can't seem to get anyone to see what's happening. In the past ten years, I have watched the steady influx of illegal immigrants into my field of work, and now my business is gone and I can't even get a job in the construction business here. And why? Because the illegals have no problem working for exploitative wages, and the employers have no problem exploiting them. When this first started happening, I thought, OK, I can deal with this, it's free enterprise, I know I have a good service and my prices are competitive. But then I started getting underbid by half, a third, sometimes even a fourth, to where I couldn't stay in business without lowering my prices to where I couldn't make a living, forget a decent living. And there are so many guys like me. Towards the end, before I went under, I would get calls from guys who'd had businesses, men 45 and 50 and 55 years of age who had been contractors for years. And now they were practically begging for a $12.00 and hour job. And I thought, man, there but for the grace go I. Well, guess what. This past Saturday I went for an interview for a job for $12.00 and hour, in a field I have 24 years of experience in, in a field where I was one of the most respected contractors around, and I didn't get the job.

There are companies here who have nothing but illegals working for them. They pay them 5, 6, 7 bucks an hour. Go to any construction sight here, and I mean ANY, and you will see nothing but Hispanics, in ALL trades. And this is happening all over. And what I hear all day long is that they are doing the jobs that the average American doesn't want to do. This is one of the biggest myths/lies being told. No, what your average Joe WON'T do is work a job for half the wage that it used to be because the whole system has been dumbed down, the bar lowered to where it's impossible to even feed your kids, much less yourself.

It's all part of the "demoralization of white America" process being carried out by the communist enemies within. Iv'e been in the home building and remodeling business since 1988 and fully understand where your coming from...........

The most important video you'll ever watch. scary part is it's 30 years old

So that is the problem, eh.

With idiots like you I dont know how we will survive...what you know about economics could be fit in a thimble

Your calling men an idiot? based on what?

TW

when you say this

It's all part of the "demoralization of white America" process being carried out by the communist enemies within. Iv'e been in the home building and remodeling business since 1988 and fully understand where your coming from...........

All kidding aside, all the usual stuff aside, when you say crap like this, you expose yourself as being one of the remarkably ignorant, hopelessly bigoted people that this country must survive otherwise we will perish.

Are you aware of that?

Illegal aliens are destroying our country. Depressing wages and draining our support resources and bankrupting hospitals and state resources. Only an IDIOT would want illegal aliens in our country.

Morons like you should have to pay a special tax to use the internets

What I'm seeing here are the exact same arguments used against immigrants, legal and otherwise, since this country was founded, be they Irish, Italian, Chinese, Polish... Same ol', same ol'.

And I'd bet, your ancestors, when they first came here, were accused of causing the same damage to the country.

(Given the statistically unlikely odds that you're Native American.)

TW

when you say this

All kidding aside, all the usual stuff aside, when you say crap like this, you expose yourself as being one of the remarkably ignorant, hopelessly bigoted people that this country must survive otherwise we will perish.

Are you aware of that?

So you watched the video? and you were able to prove the facts presented to be false?

So you watched the video? and you were able to prove the facts presented to be false?

Jesus, i honestly dont know whether to laugh or cry dealing with you....

To think of the people who died for this country, so that idiots like you could spread your hate, ignorance and intolerance

The stuff he's talking about in the video is basic Intelligence Agencies 101 kind of history. Hardly unique to the KGB. CIA has done the same stuff since its founding. So have government agencies since ancient times. The Chinese empire was actually pretty famous for its cultural subversive techniques over 1000 years ago.

But ooooooh, be afraid of the KGB. Now that it's gone, of course. :wacko:

So let's get this straight. you support illegal immigration

Lets get this straight, you support employing people without proper documentation to work here?

You must because almost all people from other countries that arent documented work for rightwing corps

What I'm seeing here are the exact same arguments used against immigrants, legal and otherwise, since this country was founded, be they Irish, Italian, Chinese, Polish... Same ol', same ol'.

And I'd bet, your ancestors, when they first came here, were accused of causing the same damage to the country.

(Given the statistically unlikely odds that you're Native American.)

Agreed, but I don't believe in bringing in an exploited class, solely to enrich employers.

Pay a livable prevailing wage and the problem will disappear.