U S Constitution requires military guns only in National Guard

Article I, the U S Constitution states:

Section. 8.

The Congress shall have Power

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

SOOOOO, clearly the Constitution states that only the MILITIA, now the National Guard, shall be organized, armed, and disciplined by Congress.

ANNNNNND, clearly the Constitution provides that the MILITIA, now the National Guard, shall be used to suppress insurrections such as by azzhole republicans who think they have a right to overthrow the govt with their pea shooters.

While it might be correct, not even sure on this, that people can have guns to hunt with, CLEARLY no azzhole can have a military type assault rifle like an AR or a MI16 which obviously is only used to kill 20 first grade children in a few minutes.

The Second Amendment just confirms the US Constitutiion provision for discipline (above), that the militia, the National Guard, or State Police must be WELL REGULATED.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's how I read it. I think it's fair to say where the 2nd Amendment speaks as to a "well regulated militia" they are speaking of an organized militia.

Further ---- there is a law in the United States Code defining the organized militia as being the National Guard. http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/10/311

(yes, I did attend 2 years of law school - and no, I didn't drop out due to grades or ability)

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms
each man against his own bosom? Congress shall have no power to disarm the militia.
Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an
American ... The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or
state governments, but where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the People."
-- Tench Coxe, 1788.

"And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from
time to time that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take
arms...the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood
of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure."
-- Thomas Jefferson

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared
to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic
purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice
for that freedom."
-- John F. Kennedy
(okay, so JFK was't a founding father, but this quote is just as valid as any)

Section 311 of US Code Title 10, entitled, "Militia: composition and classes" in its entirety:

"(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.

(B) The classes of the militia are —

(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and

(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia."

Section 311 of US Code Title 10, entitled, "Militia: composition and classes" in its entirety:

"(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.

( B) The classes of the militia are —

(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and

(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia."

correct .... and the "unorganized militia" is not a "well regulated militia" as described in the second amendment. That's why the Congress saw fit to codify the distinction between them, since while seemingly apparent to most, there are some who just don't get it.

The "unorganized" militia is not "well regulated" and thus has no 2nd Amendment right to keep and bear arms ... be they AK-47's, surface to air missiles, tanks, battleships, F-16's, etc. - or Saturday Night Special's for that matter.

The recent Heller decision is flawed, there is no individual right to own a firearm. One may keep and bear arms only in the context of a "well regulated militia." The second amendment is quite clear on this in my view, otherwise why would it even be mentioned. Heller will eventually be overturned. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

This is not 1776 ... this is 2013, almost 2014. We do not need to hunt to survive. We have police forces, security guards, functioning courts in all parts of the country. Individual ownership of guns in our society today exists only to kill other citizens, not to repel foreign invaders, fight off hostile Indians, or hunt to survive. When was the last time one of you gun owners used your gun for any of those purposes. Never. You have them only for the purpose of prospectively killing another citizen. The Constitution flexes to fit the times. The time of rampant irresposible gun ownership by individuals is coming to an end. It no longer suits the greater good of society.

correct .... and the "unorganized militia" is not a "well regulated militia" as described in the second amendment. That's why the Congress saw fit to codify the distinction between them, since while seemingly apparent to most, there are some who just don't get it.

The "unorganized" militia is not "well regulated" and thus has no 2nd Amendment right to keep and bear arms ... be they AK-47's, surface to air missiles, tanks, battleships, F-16's, etc. - or Saturday Night Special's for that matter.

The recent Heller decision is flawed, there is no individual right to own a firearm. One may keep and bear arms only in the context of a "well regulated militia." The second amendment is quite clear on this in my view, otherwise why would it even be mentioned. Heller will eventually be overturned. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

This is not 1776 ... this is 2013, almost 2014. We do not need to hunt to survive. We have police forces, security guards, functioning courts in all parts of the country. Individual ownership of guns in our society today exists only to kill other citizens, not to repel foreign invaders, fight off hostile Indians, or hunt to survive. When was the last time one of you gun owners used your gun for any of those purposes. Never. You have them only for the purpose of prospectively killing another citizen. The Constitution flexes to fit the times. The time of rampant irresposible gun ownership by individuals is coming to an end. It no longer suits the greater good of society.

Stop with your propaganda ....Our right to bear arms is not to just kill other citizens. It is to assure the people the right to fight against tyranny from our own government or any foreign entity. Do not understand why this is such a hard concept for you progresive liber's to grasp.

When are you going to start preaching for abortion to be banned along with guns? Does abortion not only exsist to kill people?

The only irresponsibles are the criminals. How does a law abiding citizen that owns a gun be deemed irresponsible by you?

You have been presented with clear evidence by multiple people on this forum over the last couple of days and you continue to parrot your same drivel.

Stop with your propaganda ....Our right to bear arms is not to just kill other citizens. It is to assure the people the right to fight against tyranny from our own government or any foreign entity. Do not understand why this is such a hard concept for you progresive liber's to grasp.

When are you going to start preaching for abortion to be banned along with guns? Does abortion not only exsist to kill people?

The only irresponsibles are the criminals. How does a law abiding citizen that owns a gun be deemed irresponsible by you?

You have been presented with clear evidence by multiple people on this forum over the last couple of days and you continue to parrot your same drivel.

What foreign invading armies are you planning on stopping with your small caliber rifles and handguns, pray tell? The Chinese? The Russians? The Mexicans? The Canadians? Aliens from outer space, perhaps?

I don't mean to be snarky Mister Drew ---- but get real! This is the 21st century, not the 19th. There's no Indian raiding parties you are going to have to be fighting off. It's all in your mind. A fantasy. Turn off the PlayStation already. The only thing you are likely to do with your gun is kill another citizen (or maybe, inadvertently, a member of your own family) - not a foreign invading army or a tyrannical Anti-Christ dictator taking over the USA.

Or, in the alternative, you are likely to kill a school full of children should you go berserk someday .... or some berserk friend, acquaintance, or family member could do that if they get hold of your gun.

(If you want to discuss abortion ... start a thread on it. We might find some agreement there)

Cons are too stupid to know what a militia is.

Here's the definition for you straight from wikipedia:

A militia /mɨˈlɪʃə/[1] generally refers to an army or other fighting force that is composed of non-professional fighters; citizens of a nation or subjects of a state or government that can be called upon to enter a combat situation, as opposed to a professional force of regular, full-time soldiers. Historically, members of a fighting nobility class (e.g., knights or the samurai) could be considered an early form of militia. This is because their duties often extended beyond the realm of combat, into civic roles.

Does this help you understand.

Here's the definition for you straight from wikipedia:

A militia /mɨˈlɪʃə/[1] generally refers to an army or other fighting force that is composed of non-professional fighters; citizens of a nation or subjects of a state or government that can be called upon to enter a combat situation, as opposed to a professional force of regular, full-time soldiers. Historically, members of a fighting nobility class (e.g., knights or the samurai) could be considered an early form of militia. This is because their duties often extended beyond the realm of combat, into civic roles.

Does this help you understand.

Here you are living in your fantasy land again. I'm sorry to inform, but you are not a knight or a samurai. (there is an organization called the Society for Creative Anachronisms where you can pretend you are one though)

Times have changed. The militia today is the National Guard and reserves. (Did we not already go over the definition of "organized militia" as defined by Congress?)

What foreign invading armies are you planning on stopping with your small caliber rifles and handguns, pray tell? The Chinese? The Russians? The Mexicans? The Canadians? Aliens from outer space, perhaps?

I don't mean to be snarky Mister Drew ---- but get real! This is the 21st century, not the 19th. There's no Indian raiding parties you are going to have to be fighting off. It's all in your mind. A fantasy. Turn off the PlayStation already. The only thing you are likely to do with your gun is kill another citizen (or maybe, inadvertently, a member of your own family) - not a foreign invading army or a tyrannical Anti-Christ dictator taking over the USA.

(If you want to discuss abortion ... start a thread on it. We might find some agreement there)

So in your mind we can never succum to an invading force of any kind because its the 21st Century. The only fantasy is the one in your mind. Guns are not the issue it is society. You had some really good replies yesterday showing you that one does not need a gun to massacre people. What really needs to happen to you unfortunately, is for you to be walking to your car with YOUR KIDS (both of them) and have a thug walk up to you and put a gun to your head. What are you going to do? He has a gun that has no serial number and was not confiscated by your progressive gun police. It ends up he is a pedophile and he takes your children. What are you going to do? pull out your progressive kindness manual? How are you going to protect your children? It doesn't take an invading army to validate having a gun. The world you dream of does not exsist and most likely never will. You can not change an evil heart that is determined to do evil things period no matter how much you wish for your flower child world. You are not living in the reality of our world today, but rather the one you wish for. Do you think if you had been wearing a gun and was able to shoot him dead...not wound him but shoot him dead, you would have been able to save your children? or is it more important to you to stand by your progressive beliefs and sacrific your children. This is reality, not the one in your mind.

Here you are living in your fantasy land again. I'm sorry to inform, but you are not a knight or a samurai. (there is an organization called the Society for Creative Anachronisms where you can pretend you are one though)

Times have changed. The militia today is the National Guard and reserves. (Did we not already go over the definition of "organized militia" as defined by Congress?)

Am I not a citizen of a nation or did you just skip over that part?

Yeah, you did, but mandrew is an idiot who is here to troll, not debate.

At least he knows his limitations, as dirty Harry liked to say.

Cons do not know what a militia is.

Right the guy raised on the streets knows more than educated people.

Quit trying to be a smart ass you're not that good. You ignore the definition because you don't want to accept it.

Read it again slowly Ms. law school dropout

citizens of a nation or subjects of a state or government that can be called upon to enter a combat situation, as opposed to a professional force of regular, full-time soldiers. This is the citizens of the United States. National Guard is a professional force...what is it you don't comprehend???

Cons are too stupid to know what a militia is.

You're just plain stupid period. Go blow somebody and be a productive member of society.

So in your mind we can never succum to an invading force of any kind because its the 21st Century. The only fantasy is the one in your mind. Guns are not the issue it is society. You had some really good replies yesterday showing you that one does not need a gun to massacre people. What really needs to happen to you unfortunately, is for you to be walking to your car with YOUR KIDS (both of them) and have a thug walk up to you and put a gun to your head. What are you going to do? He has a gun that has no serial number and was not confiscated by your progressive gun police. It ends up he is a pedophile and he takes your children. What are you going to do? pull out your progressive kindness manual? How are you going to protect your children? It doesn't take an invading army to validate having a gun. The world you dream of does not exsist and most likely never will. You can not change an evil heart that is determined to do evil things period no matter how much you wish for your flower child world. You are not living in the reality of our world today, but rather the one you wish for. Do you think if you had been wearing a gun and was able to shoot him dead...not wound him but shoot him dead, you would have been able to save your children? or is it more important to you to stand by your progressive beliefs and sacrific your children. This is reality, not the one in your mind.

Am I not a citizen of a nation or did you just skip over that part?

Right the guy raised on the streets knows more than educated people.

Quit trying to be a smart ass you're not that good. You ignore the definition because you don't want to accept it.

Read it again slowly Ms. law school dropout

citizens of a nation or subjects of a state or government that can be called upon to enter a combat situation, as opposed to a professional force of regular, full-time soldiers. This is the citizens of the United States. National Guard is a professional force...what is it you don't comprehend???

Now go run away little girl...

Good for you guys. My Constitution says I have a right to bear arms.

then you bought a misprint

Yeah, you did, but mandrew is an idiot who is here to troll, not debate.

At least he knows his limitations, as dirty Harry liked to say.

Cons do not know what a militia is.

They are mostly stupid, some know better but most are stupid.

You simply cant be borderline poverty as most cons here are and believe the Koch Bros and Walton Family and ALEC and on and on and on have your best interests at heart unless you are really dumb.

Dumb and mean go together as we can see, as well.

then you bought a misprint

Misprint my ass!!! Tell you what, you look at it ur way and I will look at it my way. I am a law abiding American with the right to bear arms. I have a really nice collection and continue to add to it.

I have no problem with you not bearing arms.

You do know the Supreme Court sees it my way don't you?

Misprint my ass!!! Tell you what, you look at it ur way and I will look at it my way. I am a law abiding American with the right to bear arms. I have a really nice collection and continue to add to it.

I have no problem with you not bearing arms.

You do know the Supreme Court sees it my way don't you?

I know you are angry, and you will get angrier and angrier as you figure out you can no longer cheat to get ahead in our society.

You are going to have to play on the same playing field we all play on very soon, and as that day approaches, you get angrier and angrier, I know.

Try and calm down, if you can.

Borderline poverty... :D that's funny. Are you someone that has a brain that's bigger than most progressive liber's pea or you just another parrot newbie?

Let's see, 4 lines, Stupid, stupid. on and on, and on. dumb. dumb.

Thanks so much for your insightful and telling post! We will let the rest of the forum know you're just a dumb ass newbie progressive parrot.

( B) The classes of the militia are —

There are no "unorganized" militia.

That part of that law is clearly NOT Constitutional because it conflicts with the

clear part of the Constitution that requires the militia to be ORGANIZED BY CONGRESS.

Borderline poverty... :D that's funny. Are you someone that has a brain that's bigger than most progressive liber's pea or you just another parrot newbie?

Let's see, 4 lines, Stupid, stupid. on and on, and on. dumb. dumb.

Thanks so much for your insightful and telling post! We will let the rest of the forum know you're just a dumb ass newbie progressive parrot.

Relax, I feel your pain, I really do.

So you dont get to cheat anymore and you will have to compete on an even playing field, you might survive...chin up