Go Obama!

He's calling for a raise in the minimum wage.

It's about time.

Fast food workers making $7 an hr and not able to afford the burgers/tacos.

Hell, the basic burger in a blue collar grill costs $10.

Good job Obama, you're a bro'.

"Good job Obama, you're a bro'."

You're an idiot!

It's about time.

OK, here's an idea. A fast food worker makes $7 an hour and can't afford to buy the burgers/tacos. Legislation forces the fast food joint to pay that worker $15 an hour and the fast food joint raises it's prices to pass on the added cost to the consumer. Can the worker now afford the burgers/tacos at the new prices? See, such zeal for the worker while perhaps laudable ignores a very basic fact that anyone who works knows. The consumer always pays the cost! Unless you care to argue that a business, which exists to make a profit, will accept making less profit out of guilt or a newfound sense of obligation. If that's your argument I would ask to see your evidence of such a notion.

P.S. If you're paying $10 for a burger either you're not in a blue collar grill or you're not blue collar yourself and don't mind paying a ridiculous price for a hamburger.

OK, here's an idea. A fast food worker makes $7 an hour and can't afford to buy the burgers/tacos. Legislation forces the fast food joint to pay that worker $15 an hour and the fast food joint raises it's prices to pass on the added cost to the consumer. Can the worker now afford the burgers/tacos at the new prices? See, such zeal for the worker while perhaps laudable ignores a very basic fact that anyone who works knows. The consumer always pays the cost! Unless you care to argue that a business, which exists to make a profit, will accept making less profit out of guilt or a newfound sense of obligation. If that's your argument I would ask to see your evidence of such a notion.

P.S. If you're paying $10 for a burger either you're not in a blue collar grill or you're not blue collar yourself and don't mind paying a ridiculous price for a hamburger.

Trying to reason with the demoralized is futile.............. :D

It's about time.

I think 7.00 is a bit high for unskilled labor. Raising the unemployment rate hurts the economy, businesses, and prevents businesses frok hiring more employees.

In my business my bitches get nothing but a smack on the ass if they don't bring me my monies. Dem bitches best be working or I'll be a smackin. Here is my minimumwage, you don't bring me all your wages and i'll smack you but not on the face. Need the face to make money.

Bitches

It's about time.

Higher wage

Less workers

Go Obama!

Which economist called Obama an economic jackass?

Lmao

That was pretty funny

If raising the minimum wage will get Barry Hussein up to $9/hour, I'm all for it.

I don't know what the going rate is for fucking over a large North American country, but it should be at least $9/hour.... hmmm?

What are you going to say when McDonalds replaces burger flipping teens with robots and automation because it's cheaper and always shows up on time?

That’s one thing you fail to realize that forced pay increase is a very good incentive to get rid of labor and replace it with automation. This only hurts the youngsters who need low paying jobs while they go through school. The ramifications of this will be more unemployment, high crime rate amongst youth and all of the problems associated with that.

It's is very easy to do "feel good" things that help in short term, but only a wise and collected person can see past the feelings an onto what really makes a difference. Looks like you let emotions cloud your judgment and any rational though bounces right off. It's very sad to see young teens suffer because of emotionally unstable voters like you.

It's about time.

Things may be looking up for you after all, enjoy that burger/taco.

The problem with your idea is that the raise will be $11 an hr. and it won't "force" the fastfood place to raise prices. They make tremendous profits already.

What are you going to say when McDonalds replaces burger flipping teens with robots and automation because it's cheaper and always shows up on time?

Thats one thing you fail to realize that forced pay increase is a very good incentive to get rid of labor and replace it with automation. This only hurts the youngsters who need low paying jobs while they go through school. The ramifications of this will be more unemployment, high crime rate amongst youth and all of the problems associated with that.

It's is very easy to do "feel good" things that help in short term, but only a wise and collected person can see past the feelings an onto what really makes a difference. Looks like you let emotions cloud your judgment and any rational though bounces right off. It's very sad to see young teens suffer because of emotionally unstable voters like you.

You're brainwashed.

Automats have tried and they don't work, people like human service and fresh made food.

But if you're suggesting govt mandated limits on business automation i'm all for it. Good idea!

You're brainwashed.

Automats have tried and they don't work, people like human service and fresh made food.

But if you're suggesting govt mandated limits on business automation i'm all for it. Good idea!

They will work just fine if you keep driving the labor costs up. Automation will work in place like McDonalds with 1 or 2 people just running registers and unloading trucks. I dont go to fast food places to get a service, I go there to grab a bite to eat and get out. Fancy restaurants won't have robots but fast food will! Give it 15 years and working at fast food would be a great job for a skilled maintenance man and a manager.

Limits on automations? Wow that has got to be the dumbest statement ever bud, if it was up to you, I guess we would still bring ice from up north to keep coolers cold because that would keep the ice workers employed.

They will work just fine if you keep driving the labor costs up. Automation will work in place like McDonalds with 1 or 2 people just running registers and unloading trucks. I dont go to fast food places to get a service, I go there to grab a bite to eat and get out. Fancy restaurants won't have robots but fast food will! Give it 15 years and working at fast food would be a great job for a skilled maintenance man and a manager.

Limits on automations? Wow that has got to be the dumbest statement ever bud, if it was up to you, I guess we would still bring ice from up north to keep coolers cold because that would keep the ice workers employed.

Damn your longwinded to say nothing.

Like i said, people don't want automated food, it's been tried and failed.

None of your claims have panned out so far.. You keep failing to support your silly talking points from neocon central.

A quarter of fast food workers are over 24, and half of all FF workers have kids to raise.

Most of them have to go on public assistance when making less than $10 hr, yet the dumbass cons think they can have lower spending and a shtty min wage.

Don't work, sht-for-brains.

Sub par min wage just means more taxes and govt subsidizing greedy biz.

Prove that micky d's will have to raise prices cuz their profit margin is so thin...prove it with substance or STFU.