The worst law EVER

Obamacare is likely the worst law EVER, and its effects are only beginning to be felt.

3 1/2 years to get the easiest part done, and it's still a national joke. :D

Obamacare is likely the worst law EVER, and its effects are only beginning to be felt.

Yet one more topic liberals can't and won't address.

POST-OP: HEALTH SITE GROGGY...

Neighbors call cops on 'non-partisan' workers pitching Obamacare door-to-door...

Crashes When CNN Tests...

Enrollments fall 700,000 short of 800,000 goal...

http://drudgereport.com/

And not that liberals will respond, the website is the easiest part.

Just wait until the entire health care sector turns out the same way.

The Obamacare website is working?

And Obama has a really nice used bridge for sale. :D

ObamaCare Mission Accomplished

The system isn't working and the website isn't fixed.

Sunday's eight-page report was intended to meet Mr. Obama's deadline for fixing the site after its October 1 debut was a calamity. But the more important goal was political—namely, claiming enough progress to prevent Democrats on Capitol Hill from joining the GOP demand for delaying the individual mandate to buy insurance or even the entire program.

Most Democrats are eager to believe any good news, which may explain why the Sunday report is so short on basic information. The eight pages are heavy on charts with unverifiable claims—more than 400 "cumulative software fixes"!—and the Health and Human Services Department declares that "we believe we have met the goal of having a system that will work smoothly for the vast majority of users."

This weekend miracle defies other evidence, such as the recent admission by an HHS official that 30% to 40% of the exchanges are still unfinished. Much of this involves the "back end" of the exchange operation that provides information to insurers but that consumers don't see. In a pre-Thanksgiving news dump, HHS even gave up on the federal exchanges for small business and delayed those for a year.

The truth is that the White House is defining as a "success" however well or poorly the website actually works so it can declare political victory. The millions of people who've had their old coverage cancelled must re-enroll by December 23 to avoid gaps in coverage by the New Year. So like the Keynesian multiplier for stimulus spending, the White House is revising its goals along the way and claiming success based on nonfalsifiable standards....

HHS touts other measures of progress—four times as much of this, doubled capacity of that—without revealing the original base. They've fixed those 400 bugs but won't say what they are or how many there are in total. Such statistical ploys are like a business claiming its revenues are twice as high as the last quarter's, in order to avoid saying if it's profitable. ...

If this miracle fix is real, the White House will open the ObamaCare black box to an independent audit, or maybe start by answering questions honestly. But on a conference call with reporters Sunday, HHS refused to say how much progress the team had made on technical problems that are seeding insurance companies with bad information about who is signing up and for what products. It knows the insurers will keep quiet lest they make themselves political targets.

The mission accomplished pose is another attempt to power through a political deadline. Americans who have now discovered the Administration's other false claims—you can keep your old plan and your doctor, and the new plans are better—can be forgiven for waiting to see the actual results.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304854804579232213683736826?mod=WSJ_Opinion_LEADTop

This happens all the time when the government takes over on most things.

The left would not tolerate a private company operating like this, nor would the right.

Why then is the left always willing to support the expansion of government.

A lack of independent, responsible, critical thinking.

Where are the liberals to refute actual evidence? :huh:

But the good news is, at least the website is working! :)

At least, that's what Obama and officials are saying, and they'd never lie! :P

Here's an actual experience with the Website from Hell. Which the entire US health care system will resemble if Obamacare isn't repealed.

(The Obama administration claimed the website has) been "fixed," or at least "improved." The former is plainly not true; even the latter, highly dubious.

Charles Ornstein of ProPublica.org watched "a glowing news conference" Sunday, and on Monday "decided to log . . . and take the Web site for a test drive." It wasn't going anywhere: Ornstein experienced "long delays loading pages, an endless circle of tasks (some already completed) and ultimately an error message." He supplies screen shots and a transcript of a live-chat help session that goes on for nine minutes before a customer-service rep called "Kassie" tells him to try back later. When he does, "I couldn't even log on."

Reader Alan Auerbach--who is actually trying to purchase insurance, not just test the system--sends along his own live chat (quoting verbatim):

[2:19:35 pm]: Thanks for contacting Health Insurance Marketplace Live Chat. Please wait while we connect you to someone who can help.

[2:19:39 pm]: Please be patient while we're helping other people.

[2:20:15 pm]: Please be patient while we're helping other people.

[2:20:22 pm]: Welcome! You're now connected to Health Insurance Marketplace Live Chat.

Thanks for contacting us. My name is Dipika. To protect your privacy, please don't provide any personal information, like Social Security Number, or any other sensitive medical or personal information.

[2:20:36 pm]: Dipika

Welcome to the Health Insurance Marketplace Live Chat, my name is Dipika, how may I help you?

[2:21:20 pm]: Alan

Since Sunday, I have been unable to logon. I am certain that I am using the correct Username and Password. I have cleared the browsing history and cookies. I have rebooted. I have tried using three different computers and five different browsers with three different operating systems. Each time I select Log In, I am sent right back to the Log In page.

[2:22:37 pm]: Dipika

I apologize for the inconvenience.

[2:23:20 pm]: Alan

Thank you. How may I log into my account?

[2:25:15 pm]: Dipika

Our website was under maintenance. So may be that was the reason you were not able to log in. It is working fine right now but I am not sure why its not letting you log in if you have used every troubleshooting measures.

[2:26:11 pm]: Alan

Is it under maintenance now? I have been trying to log in for the last hour. I keep getting returned to the log in page.

[2:27:13 pm]: Alan

Yesterday, I read in the newspapers that the problems with the site were fixed so I have been trying to access my account. I have failed many, many times.

[2:28:58 pm]: Dipika

Yes the site is functioning well now but I apologize that its still giving you glitches. If you like, we can help you complete a Marketplace application right now over the phone. And you can try getting back to your account sometime later today.

[2:30:50 pm]: Alan

I have done that twice (plus the account I created online) and been promised letters and/or calls within two days or two weeks. In seven weeks, I have received neither. Doing that again seems a waste of time. Better if I could access my account. Can you help with that?

[2:31:19 pm]: Alan

Time is running out for me.

[2:31:56 pm]: Dipika

I completely understand your frustration.

[2:32:31 pm]: Alan

I am not frustrated. I am simply trying to move forward. All I want to know now is whether you can help with that.

[2:33:31 pm]: Alan

Can you answer either yes or no so that I can do other things?

[2:33:41 pm]: Dipika

If you have already tried clearing browser history and cookies and also used different browsers, there is nothing I could do to help you at this moment.

[2:34:03 pm]: Alan

OK. Thank you. Goodbye.

[2:34:26 pm]: Dipika

But we are available to help you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can reach us toll free at 1-800-318-2596 and we can't continue with your application.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304096104579238270287118980?mod=WSJ_Opinion_MIDDLETopOpinion

libs will never post on this message,,,, they hate the TRUTH

We were all over it, knuckles.

Told cletis what's what before bludgeoning his OP to death.

He crumbled to the pavement, abandoned his thread and finally admitted defeat as Golfboy dragged the bloody remains into the sewers.

True story!

The worst law deserves the worst web site. At present there is no security and it was not designed in. Since it handles protected information under HIPPA this is against the law. This has to be built in from the begining and is almost impossible to be added later. The back end is a disaster. Proper design would have servers that access the insurance companies. one would get information from the companies regularly and store it so it can be presented to the customers of the site. the other server would gather the results of the purchasing the insurance on the site and store it to transmit to the companies at a time of low internet usage. Instead the site accesses each insurance company to get the policies the cstomer can get. This causes a lot of internet I/O thus increasing the traffic dramatically. It them sends the purchase information to the company the same way. The result is the insurance companies do not get the information or only get a part of the information. The las problem with the back end of the site is it is impossible to pay for the insurance on the site. This purchase must be completed by Dec. 15 to be effective on Jan 1. That is 11 days away. Any bets there will be screamimg on Jan 1 when masses of people that thought they had coverage find ut they have none.

Most Web designers say that it will take anywhere from a few months to a year to scrap the site and put a new one in place.

I'm trying to picture "Dipika"....

I'm thinking fat, black, ex-ACORN, baby mama, sect. 8, food stamp queen with 5 future little criminals running around the hood spawned by 5 different incarcerated thugs.

Struggling with cut-and-paste replies, "assisting" her fellow ghetto dwellers looking for free healthcare.

Yeah. I think I nailed it.

• 3 months later...

Where are all the intelligent, informed liberals to defend Obama's Signature Legislation?

The Obamacare Disaster Is Now Undeniable

John Podhoretz

The Washington Post has the bombshell story of the month: “A pair of surveys released on Thursday suggest that just one in 10 uninsured people who qualify for private health plans through the new marketplace have signed up for one—and that about half of uninsured adults has looked for information on the online exchanges or plans to look.” Well, and there goes the famed rationale for the health-care law—which was to bring the people, numbering anywhere between 31 million to 47 million depending on how and whom you count, without insurance into the system.....

They have thrown the entire health-care system into unprecedented chaos for a population that is, it seems, staying as far away from it as possible. Little has been fixed; much has been made far worse; nothing makes sense; and good luck to the Democrats who have to defend their votes for this colossal cock-up in November.

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/

• 4 weeks later...

Is health insurance cheaper like Obama promised?

Need we ask?

Cleveland Clinic CEO: Three-Quarters Of Americans Who Signed Up For Obamacare Now Have Higher Premiums...

http://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2014/03/31/cleveland-clinic-ceo-three-quarters-of-americans-who-signed-up-for-obamacare-now-have-higher-premiums/

It's not even worth gloating dude. It's just sad the amount of suffering that will come of all this.

I'm not gloating at all, but you either laugh or cry.

Or both. It's very painful to watch your country possibly destroyed.

I'm not gloating at all, but you either laugh or cry.

Or both. It's very painful to watch your country possibly destroyed.

On our watch...

It's even more painful to watch people act like unthinking zombies, being manipulated by lies.

"If you like your health insurance, you can keep it!"

The Lying Leftist told voters over and over and over.

"Opie & Anthony" Explode Over Obamacare After Co-Host Has Insurance Canceled

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRjbFJiTzak&feature=player_embedded

Greg "Opie" Hughes, co-host of Opie & Anthony, goes on a rant against Obamacare after he has his health insurance plan canceled and has to go through the paper work of getting a new plan. The hosts, typically apolitical, then take calls from others who have had their plans canceled due to Obamacare.

"I don't know why we aren't having a revolution."

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2014/04/03/opie__anthony_explode_over_obamacare_after_co-host_has_insurance_canceled_.html

• 2 months later...

And now for something completely different: A sane, intelligent discussion of Obamacare from factcheck.

http://www.factcheck.org/2013/09/obamacare-myths/

Obamacare Myths Falsehoods about the Affordable Care Act are still swirling -- and the intensity of the claims is rising as the exchanges are set to launch.

Summary

We’ve been batting down bogus claims about the Affordable Care Act for years, since 2009, when legislation was still in the debate stage. But they’ve been increasing in intensity in recent months as we approach Oct. 1, the date the insurance exchanges will be open for business for those buying their own insurance, mainly with the help of federal subsidies.

So, more than three years after our last health-care-whoppers piece (published just before the law was signed in 2010), we’re giving readers a rundown of the top claims.

Some have been around for years, and others are relatively new. Most touch on three topics: jobs, premium costs and medical care. For instance:

• Republicans have made the overblown claim that the law is a job-killer, but experts predict a small impact on mainly low-wage jobs. The Republican National Committee says 8.2 million part-timers can’t find full-time work “partly” due to the law. That’s the total number of part-time workers who want full-time jobs, and there’s no evidence from official jobs figures that the law has had an impact.
  • Proponents say premiums will go down, while opponents say they’ll go up. In general, employer plans won’t be affected much, and a price change for individuals seeking their own insurance will vary from person to person. Obama claimed that all of the uninsured would see lower premiums than what they could get now (before accounting for federal subsidies), but that’s not the case.
  • Critics continue to make scary claims about the government coming between you and your doctor, but the law doesn’t set up a government-run system. If anything, the law comes between you and your insurance company, forbidding them from capping your coverage or charging you more based on health status. Meanwhile, Obama can’t promise you can keep your plan. Employers are free to switch coverage, just as they were before.

And there’s more. Since 2010, we’ve been debunking the persistent claim that members of Congress are somehow exempt from the law. They’re not. The administration’s recent decision to give exchanges leeway in how they verify suspect applications for subsidies sparked the false claim that Americans can list what they’d like for their incomes and won’t face verification.

Beyond these more reasonable topics, we’ve seen our share of far-fetched viral messages about microchips being implanted in patients and forced home inspections by the government. Rest assured. Neither is true.

{schnip!)

See article for analysis.

And now for something completely different: A sane, intelligent discussion of Obamacare from factcheck.

Translated into honest English: liberal opinion dishonestly being passed off as "fact" by a liberal source, cited by a lying troll.

Hey, that's trustworthy! :D

How could you have appraised the strength of the evidence against Clinton and Algor, if you didn't even know the crimes they were credibly accused of committing?

Translated into honest English: liberal opinion dishonestly being passed off as "fact" by a liberal source, cited by a lying troll.

Hey, that's trustworthy! :D

Factcheck.org liberal? Where do you get that from?

How could you have appraised the strength of the evidence against Clinton and Algor, if you didn't even know the crimes they were credibly accused of committing?

Right-wing fairy tales aren't made credible by adding -gate to the subject. I know most of the INcredible ones, and that's a plentiful enough waste of time.

Right-wing fairy tales aren't made credible by adding -gate to the subject. I know most of the INcredible ones, and that's a plentiful enough waste of time.

I didn't add a "gate" to anything, troll.

And you're lying, as usual, because you still haven't listed one single one, let alone the deadly serious, but less well known ones.

"Waste of time?" Not even to partisan Democrats like Chris Mathews, Jerome Zeifman and David Schippers.

It's now proven beyond any doubt you have zero credibility and zero integrity.