White Privilege! Is it over for most?

White Priviege! Is it over for most? I would say yes. It has nothing to do with a African as POTUS. All of you on this site that will quickly jumpt to that being the reason why, will only continue to live the dulusion and illusion.

You've been had, hoodwinked, bamboozeled as Malcom X would say. 99% of most so-called "white" folk were allowed to have this status for so long only to lul you too sleep to what's happening right before your eyes in this country. It's called totalitarianism, a police state and the wealth that you once thought you had is being stolen right before your eyes.

My mother told me way back in the 70's when I was a young lad. Yeah many of our family, because some of us could pass for European/Caucasion just simply switched over and passed for white. She said "It was easier." I asked "where was their since of pride, and dignity." She just laughed and said "it's hard to judge those that did that due to conditions on the other being so blatantly bad."

I've known this "white privilege" to be only a status symbol for a long time. Many foreigners of Asian and Arab, even African descent are encouraged to claim being "white" as that code to receive the privilege.

It's over and it took a slow boil to get you here. Never the less you are here in an economic slave state like most Niggahs!

Many of you on this site know the truth. While many will blame others for your condition and the reality you do not want to face. Many will just throw it off and keep your head in the sand.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow!

So sad and pathetic your parents placed that drivel in you head. Probably held you back from a lot. Probably impacted your health carrying such resentment.

Shame on your parents.

Certainly the expected response. Hide from the truth. Not sure why this site even exist, when most everyone here shuns real conversation.

The only people with 'privilege' now are non whites.

What prvililege are you talking about? I need to bring back an old thread....What the hell is wrong with white folk! So busy looking at everyone else. Can't look at yourselves.

His parents were idiots .. creating an idiot was inevitable for them.

How did you get this job? You can make all your little faggot comments. You know what's up.

For those of you who might not understand the question.

White privilege (or white skin privilege) refers to the set of societal privileges that white people are argued to benefit from beyond those commonly experienced by people of color in the same social, political, or economic spaces (nation, community, workplace, income, etc.).[note 1] The term denotes both obvious and less obvious unspoken advantages that white individuals may not recognize they have, which distinguishes it from overt bias or prejudice.[1] These include cultural affirmations of one's own worth; presumed greater social status; and freedom to move, buy, work, play, and speak freely.[2] The concept of white privilege also implies the right to assume the universality of one's own experiences, marking others as different or exceptional while perceiving oneself as normal. It can be compared and/or combined with the concept of male privilege.

Academic perspectives such as critical race theory and whiteness studies use the concept of "white privilege" to analyze how racism and racialized society affect the lives of white individuals. The term itself is most often used in North America and English-speaking countries with histories of racial stratification after colonialism, such as South Africa[3] and Australia.[4]

Some critics of the idea propose alternate definitions of whiteness and exceptions to or limits of white identity, arguing that the concept of "white privilege" ignores important differences between white subpopulations.[5][6] Other critics suggest that the term is a function of reverse discrimination, or that it uses the concept of "whiteness" as a proxy for class or other social privilege or as a distraction from deeper underlying problems of inequality.[7][8]

Still, nothing beats being free, white and over 21.

I don't think you're "white" You might be a pink or olive shade with spots but not white. You're here so you don't have much privilege. Just tell me, how are you Free?

For those of you who might not understand the question.

White privilege (or white skin privilege) refers to the set of societal privileges that white people are argued to benefit from beyond those commonly experienced by people of color in the same social, political, or economic spaces (nation, community, workplace, income, etc.).[note 1] The term denotes both obvious and less obvious unspoken advantages that white individuals may not recognize they have, which distinguishes it from overt bias or prejudice.[1] These include cultural affirmations of one's own worth; presumed greater social status; and freedom to move, buy, work, play, and speak freely.[2] The concept of white privilege also implies the right to assume the universality of one's own experiences, marking others as different or exceptional while perceiving oneself as normal. It can be compared and/or combined with the concept of male privilege.

Academic perspectives such as critical race theory and whiteness studies use the concept of "white privilege" to analyze how racism and racialized society affect the lives of white individuals. The term itself is most often used in North America and English-speaking countries with histories of racial stratification after colonialism, such as South Africa[3] and Australia.[4]

Some critics of the idea propose alternate definitions of whiteness and exceptions to or limits of white identity, arguing that the concept of "white privilege" ignores important differences between white subpopulations.[5][6] Other critics suggest that the term is a function of reverse discrimination, or that it uses the concept of "whiteness" as a proxy for class or other social privilege or as a distraction from deeper underlying problems of inequality.[7][8]

Exactly as I said all drivel. How can you have lived a full life weighed down by all of this? So sad.

Definition of 'white privilege': the fictional reality that exists in an improperly raised black persons mind which serves both an actual role in keeping the individual from achievement, and also serves as an excuse for lack of said achievement.

A psychological construct that self sabotages members of the black community.

For a similar limiting psychological construct that keeps blacks down. See also: crabs in a barrel.

What prvililege are you talking about? I need to bring back an old thread....What the hell is wrong with white folk! So busy looking at everyone else. Can't look at yourselves.

Affirmative action is a privilege afforded only to minorities. It gives preferential hiring based on race and gender. It is racial discrimination against white men.

Exactly as I said all drivel. How can you have lived a full life weighed down by all of this? So sad.

Definition of 'white privilege': the fictional reality that exists in an improperly raised black persons mind which serves both an actual role in keeping the individual from achievement, and also serves as an excuse for lack of said achievement.

A psychological construct that self sabotages members of the black community.

For a similar limiting psychological construct that keeps blacks down. See also: crabs in a barrel.

I would agree with much of what said there. There is a deep psychology developed in the African society based on this. Still not the question.

The question is "Is white privilege over?"

Try answering the question. Or do you think it never existed. You are attempting to reverse the question to put it on Africans as being ones that came up with this construct.

I agree with knocking down walls. However, those are exceptions. I would contend that the term and actual fact that "White privilege" does and did exist. I am asking, Is it lose. I guess you can't answer the question if you never thought it exist.

People do not develop a thought in a vacuum. Many things have to occur for the definition of "white privilege" to have been created. You'd have to be warped to believe that it does not exist.

Affirmative action is a privilege afforded only to minorities. It gives preferential hiring based on race and gender. It is racial discrimination against white men.

Where I agreed with Affirmative action many years ago. I don't think it is necessary at this time. However, many civil rights acts do agree with the constitution. I would rather the constition be the litmus test.

Still stay on topic. Did and does "White Privilege" exist?

I think really I created this thread to show how far this country has gone toward it's own destruction. Skin color will not save anyone is my real point.

I don't think you're "white" You might be a pink or olive shade with spots but not white. You're here so you don't have much privilege. Just tell me, how are you Free?

I am free due to the fact that I can sit here leisurely drinking coffee and poke fun at folks trying to get all uppity and self righteous. Meeeh, as far as color, sorta permanent tan with sun damage and very very white spots from sun damage being removed.

Feel free to get all serious, but either way, I am gonna poke fun.

Where I agreed with Affirmative action many years ago. I don't think it is necessary at this time. However, many civil rights acts do agree with the constitution. I would rather the constition be the litmus test.

Still stay on topic. Did and does "White Privilege" exist?

I think really I created this thread to show how far this country has gone toward it's own destruction. Skin color will not save anyone is my real point.

White privilege has not existed in my lifetime. The only privilege anyone is getting at present is only afforded to non whites.

I am free due to the fact that I can sit here leisurely drinking coffee and poke fun at folks trying to get all uppity and self righteous. Meeeh, as far as color, sorta permanent tan with sun damage and very very white spots from sun damage being removed.

Feel free to get all serious, but either way, I am gonna poke fun.

Cool! Don't mind a little fun poking myself. WIth the shape of this country though, I tend to stay on the serious side of issues.

White privilege has not existed in my lifetime. The only privilege anyone is getting at present is only afforded to non whites.

You mean you've never enjoyed "White Privilege" I can believe that. It all depends on where and how you grew up. White privilege does not exist in an all white community. Even there in an all white community there is a social hiearche, or monied class.

Heheh hold on ;) Still reading the threads. At this point it looks like more people are logging on to refute liberal ideas than defend them and that not very well. My intent in joining this site was to argue points of view with those who hold opposing ideas but I've been warned off from that room. I'll still read the threads there but won't go and comment where I'm not welcome. This site googled #1 for liberal forums. I got tired of Fox news and the conservative pundits preaching to me here in the choir.

Cool! Don't mind a little fun poking myself. WIth the shape of this country though, I tend to stay on the serious side of issues.

You mean you've never enjoyed "White Privilege" I can believe that. It all depends on where and how you grew up. White privilege does not exist in an all white community. Even there in an all white community there is a social hiearche, or monied class.

I'm not white, but I've never seen any of my white friends receive white privilege. It's a myth and a cop out by minorities to gain power, jobs, control and a free ride over whites who feel guilty about being successful.

I would agree with much of what said there. There is a deep psychology developed in the African society based on this. Still not the question.

The question is "Is white privilege over?"

Try answering the question. Or do you think it never existed. You are attempting to reverse the question to put it on Africans as being ones that came up with this construct.

I agree with knocking down walls. However, those are exceptions. I would contend that the term and actual fact that "White privilege" does and did exist. I am asking, Is it lose. I guess you can't answer the question if you never thought it exist.

People do not develop a thought in a vacuum. Many things have to occur for the definition of "white privilege" to have been created. You'd have to be warped to believe that it does not exist.

Ok. Gotcha.

My opinion is that it never existed.

To believe it exists is self imposed limitation. Thanks for allowing me to clarify.

Heheh hold on ;) Still reading the threads. At this point it looks like more people are logging on to refute liberal ideas than defend them and that not very well. My intent in joining this site was to argue points of view with those who hold opposing ideas but I've been warned off from that room. I'll still read the threads there but won't go and comment where I'm not welcome. This site googled #1 for liberal forums. I got tired of Fox news and the conservative pundits preaching to me here in the choir.

Start a thread on topic with well-reasoned logic. Most of the cons will happily engage in intelligent debate. In fact, you will be highly respected and we will be open to be convinced of a winning argument.

But you are right, that does not happen here. Here we have fun playing with the useful idiots who don't realized they are being manipulated by the leftist power elite.

Start an intelligent thread. Ignore the people who flame just for reaction and I'm certain you will find satisfying exchanges.

http://riseresistandrevolt.wordpress.com/2013/05/25/understanding-white-privilege-and-our-mental-colonisation-british-fascism-revived-in-woolwich/

Here’s what a white guy on the internet had to say about his privilege, quite correctly so;

First, I have most of the common social privileges. I’m white, straight, male, able-bodied, cisgender, Christian, and have a rather “non-threatening” and common appearance. I’m not ashamed of any of these; they’re part of who I am. But I do recognize that I have an easier time in life because of them. For those of you about to foam at the mouth, ask yourselves this question: How often do you feel legitimately threatened on a daily basis (physically, financially, professionally, etc.) in society because of your membership in one of these groups? I’ll bet it’s not often. I’m sure it happens, of course, but it’s nowhere near the frequency of someone who belongs to a different demographic than yours. White, straight, cisgender, able-bodied, Christian men are the most dominant cluster group, by far, in the US (and UK). We disproportionately have the most power in every sphere of influence by a whole lot. This doesn’t mean I hate myself or anyone else in my cluster demographic, but it does mean that I have a responsibility to recognize my privilege and help those without it achieve equal opportunity. It means speaking up against oppression of any kind, even if the person doing it is someone I love or respect. It means pointing out–and acting out–ways in which we can be more inclusive of those who belong to oppressed groups. It means not taking it personally if someone in an oppressed group talks about how they’ve been oppressed by someone in your dominant group. It means not getting angry if someone doesn’t compliment you on “being aware” of a problem or working to fix it. That’s your obligation as a human being, and you shouldn’t demand a reward for it. It means not trying to one-up someone who talks about their oppression.

http://riseresistandrevolt.wordpress.com/2013/05/25/understanding-white-privilege-and-our-mental-colonisation-british-fascism-revived-in-woolwich/

Heres what a white guy on the internet had to say about his privilege, quite correctly so;

First, I have most of the common social privileges. Im white, straight, male, able-bodied, cisgender, Christian, and have a rather non-threatening and common appearance. Im not ashamed of any of these; theyre part of who I am. But I do recognize that I have an easier time in life because of them. For those of you about to foam at the mouth, ask yourselves this question: How often do you feel legitimately threatened on a daily basis (physically, financially, professionally, etc.) in society because of your membership in one of these groups? Ill bet its not often. Im sure it happens, of course, but its nowhere near the frequency of someone who belongs to a different demographic than yours. White, straight, cisgender, able-bodied, Christian men are the most dominant cluster group, by far, in the US (and UK). We disproportionately have the most power in every sphere of influence by a whole lot. This doesnt mean I hate myself or anyone else in my cluster demographic, but it does mean that I have a responsibility to recognize my privilege and help those without it achieve equal opportunity. It means speaking up against oppression of any kind, even if the person doing it is someone I love or respect. It means pointing outand acting outways in which we can be more inclusive of those who belong to oppressed groups. It means not taking it personally if someone in an oppressed group talks about how theyve been oppressed by someone in your dominant group. It means not getting angry if someone doesnt compliment you on being aware of a problem or working to fix it. Thats your obligation as a human being, and you shouldnt demand a reward for it. It means not trying to one-up someone who talks about their oppression.

Lol

"Here's what a white guy on the internet said"

Lol