Why no NASA, reduced NIH spending, no Art in Public Schools?

TheOldBarn

Taxes, to support police, firefighters, school teachers, build an infrastructure, and yes, SS and medicare/medicade to me are critical. And to add to this, NASA and all the incredible technology that comes from it, as well as what we learn from the NIH, well it makes me sick we are also forgoing these investments to subsidize the rich with reduced taxessssssssssssssssssssssss. That's no typo, I just feel as though we're falling off the face of the earth, and shooting ourselves in the collective foot.

Don't get me wrong, I like Elon Musk, but privatizing space exploration??? Just like privatizing natural science advancement have never worked, I don't think it will either. The NIH is not a corporation folks. They do real science that feeds into many areas. It's more than worth the investment many times over!

And yes, art in public schools. Art can open a young persons mind, it can open an old persons mind as well. It too is absolutely worth every damn penny.

I think Ben Franklin would absolutely agree, so would Einstein, and don't forget, Jonas Salk. Hell, there's a pretty good long list...

On NPR there's this show called Radio Lab, today they were talking about the incredible blues guitarist Robert Johnson. Where the hell did a player back then come up with those kinds of riffs? Potential is out there folks, not just in the U.S. either.

Peace!

I wanted to add a piece to this post about Robert Johnson. There was this promoter back in the day who heard a phonograph of Robert Johnson's. He instantly recognized his brilliance. The promoter put together this grand concert that included all kinds of black American music, church stuff, blues, the whole history of black musicians all in one concert. He wanted to include Robert Johnson but unfortunately found out Robert Johnson was already dead. So instead, at the concert they talked about him and they actually played his recordings over the PA to a great crowd of people who had never before heard of him. The audience went berserk over it. His music, and his name went viral all over the world soon afterward. Robert Johnson became a soulful genius overnight posthumously.

I see we all thought about the incredible possibilities regarding what the internet could do when it first came about not too long ago. Then, we saw a lot of nonsense, viral stupid things people and animals do superseding its raw potential for human rights and progressiveness.

I hail from Detroit where the school system, hell, the hope in a lot of ways has been continually been decimated year after year. We have so many tools at our disposal, why is this so? We are wasting human potential. It's maddening. There are so many informed people that can come together tomorrow. We are not tapping into this. What they did during the civil rights era, with no internet was so amazing, the odds were not in our favor but it happened. Young people hitch hiked and took buses or even walked to march on D.C. / the revolution never found its way to completion. In so many ways we went backwards and failed to progress. There are no easy answers, but we have to try.

RJ, came out of nowhere all by himself. Don't ya mind people grinning in your face http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx1OFl_y-ic

Peace!

• 2 months later...

Taxes, to support police, firefighters, school teachers, build an infrastructure, and yes, SS and medicare/medicade to me are critical. And to add to this, NASA and all the incredible technology that comes from it, as well as what we learn from the NIH, well it makes me sick we are also forgoing these investments to subsidize the rich with reduced taxessssssssssssssssssssssss. That's no typo, I just feel as though we're falling off the face of the earth, and shooting ourselves in the collective foot.

Don't get me wrong, I like Elon Musk, but privatizing space exploration??? Just like privatizing natural science advancement have never worked, I don't think it will either. The NIH is not a corporation folks. They do real science that feeds into many areas. It's more than worth the investment many times over!

And yes, art in public schools. Art can open a young persons mind, it can open an old persons mind as well. It too is absolutely worth every damn penny.

I think Ben Franklin would absolutely agree, so would Einstein, and don't forget, Jonas Salk. Hell, there's a pretty good long list...

On NPR there's this show called Radio Lab, today they were talking about the incredible blues guitarist Robert Johnson. Where the hell did a player back then come up with those kinds of riffs? Potential is out there folks, not just in the U.S. either.

Peace!

2014: VOTE FOR WE THE PEOPLE IN THE "PEOPLE'S HOUSE!" USA!