Should Atheists partake in the Thanksgiving Feast?

Personally I think they shouldn't because of the Thanksgiving origins of those from the Protestant faith, and you gotta remember this type didn't even Celebrate Xmas during this era....they would be considered extremist Christians, unlike our watered down Judeo-State Approved ones of today.....

Personally I think they shouldn't because of the Thanksgiving origins of those from the Protestant faith, and you gotta remember this type didn't even Celebrate Xmas during this era....they would be considered extremist Christians, unlike our watered down Judeo-State Approved ones of today.....

I do not celebrate it, I call it "Have you seen an Indian lately day". ^_^ I also don't celebrate Christmas or Easter. :D

any atheist worth his or her salt wouldn't dream of eating anything on thanksgiving. They should spend the day writing hateful posts on the internet or walking around town telling little kids that god is evil and their parents are all liars

Yup. :D

any atheist worth his or her salt wouldn't dream of eating anything on thanksgiving. They should spend the day writing hateful posts on the internet or walking around town telling little kids that god is evil and their parents are all liars

They should also work all holidays since the word means "holy days",,,,

Thanksgiving has nothing to do with being an atheist. It was celebrated by a group of pilgrims with a group of native Americans thankful they were able to bring in a harvest of food that would last them through what was a particularly harsh winter. You not only are an insult to the teachings of Jesus Christ, but you are also an insult to anyone with any degree of intelligence. While everyone including athiests try to navigate through another year of economic hardship in this country, someone like you shows up and manages to turn something as special as Thanksgiving into just another political insult. You're a special kind of fucked up, aren't you?

what a load of crap .

Thanksgiving has nothing to do with being an atheist. It was celebrated by a group of pilgrims with a group of native Americans thankful they were able to bring in a harvest of food that would last them through what was a particularly harsh winter.

Right before you "Christians" killed almost all of them. ;)

Givers of feasts took what they give back as thanks for being in control of everyone else's beliefs.

Giving thanks to societal evolution doesn't save genetic continuation as naturally balanced here in this atmosphere. It does balance chaos to be part of the nature in humanity's arts and sciences to theorize what life could become "IF" nobody wants to know what real is in plain sight.

+1 :D

I feast on what I take for granite, not granted. Physical absolutes give second changes all the time in this eternity of adapt or become extinct, I know from personal experience of getting killed and not staying dead.

Symbolism is a tool for social advantages in allowing everyone to work together for a common goal of having spare time to enjoy living in this eternal adapt or become extinct moment until it, symbolism over substance, becomes psychological class warfare.

Atheists usually consider themselves enlightened far beyond everyone else. It's like they view themselves as god by proclaiming god doesn't exist. The whole thing is really kind of creepy...their only mission is to demand everyone else think like them. Sounds a lot\like the hopey changey people.

You mean like you're doing right now?

Atheists usually consider themselves enlightened far beyond everyone else. It's like they view themselves as god by proclaiming god doesn't exist. The whole thing is really kind of creepy...their only mission is to demand everyone else think like them. Sounds a lot\like the hopey changey people.

No. Believe what you want. I just don't think it's at all likely that God exist.

Thanksgiving has nothing to do with being an atheist. It was celebrated by a group of pilgrims with a group of native Americans thankful they were able to bring in a harvest of food that would last them through what was a particularly harsh winter. You not only are an insult to the teachings of Jesus Christ, but you are also an insult to anyone with any degree of intelligence. While everyone including athiests try to navigate through another year of economic hardship in this country, someone like you shows up and manages to turn something as special as Thanksgiving into just another political insult. You're a special kind of fucked up, aren't you?

Maybe your right, the strong religious overtones at those beginning Thanksgivings by very religious people means nothing to atheists, that's why Atheists take down the Ten Commandments away from Court buildings and schools, because Christianity has nothing to do with it....where do you think of this bat crazy schizoid stuff? Look in the mirror and say "I'm a special kind of fuck."

Maybe your right, the strong religious overtones at those beginning Thanksgivings by very religious people means nothing to atheists, that's why Atheists take down the Ten Commandments away from Court buildings and schools, because Christianity has nothing to do with it....where do you think of this bat crazy schizoid stuff? Look in the mirror and say "I'm a special kind of fuck."

The 10 Commandments are of religious nature. Technically, They shouldn't get special treatment on public sites. The Supreme court ruled that the only way for public facilities to equally respect community standards was to ensure that none of them should be on public display.

The 10 Commandments are of religious nature. Technically, They shouldn't get special treatment on public sites. The Supreme court ruled that the only way for public facilities to equally respect community standards was to ensure that none of them should be on public display.

So how come the Supreme Court allowed those 10 Commandments to go up and stay for many decades? What changed?