The problems with this forum...

Chuck!

So I got a call from The Old Man today
He says that he caused the problems we have been having by going cheap with the hosting, and by using programmers fro India.

In a day or two, the hosting SHOULD BE moved over to Invision, the same company that provides the software we use.

Then I should have the account info and be able to work with Invision to correct any problems we have myself.
The Old Man was very apologetic, and basically said that if he hadn't been so cheap this never would have happened

When I asked him if the forum would continue to pay for itself, he said "Yes it will, if I let YOU run it and stay out of it"
Invision SHOULD BE able to recover the lost threads once they get the database

I discussed it with my friend who set up the other site and he agrees that Invision SHOULD BE able to recover the lost threads too.

The DB had malicious code in it, caused by The Boss trying to do it on the cheap, and the programmers he hired to fix it just weren't up to the task.
Apparently he's hired someone who is to clean it up, and once it gets hosted by Invision all that will be blocked because we will have a REAL hosting company that is capable of running things.

I know you all ain't real happy with the way things have been going, and I apologize for that.

If/when I get the keys to the hosting, I want to work with my friend from the other place to make this one even better

So there you have it,,,,

...some advise? Get away from this forum platform! It's junk!

I know of several other forms that switched to other software. They had the same problems this forum has... the coding is horrible!

Stick with this software and the problems will continue!

You've said this before, and all I can say is we shall see

Personally, I like the Invision system

I like the rankings, being able to hover my mouse and see things, the profile feed, being able to see who looked at profiles, etc.

If the platform really was the problem, I'd think they'd be out of business by now,,,,

So I got a call from The Old Man today

He says that he caused the problems we have been having by going cheap with the hosting, and by using programmers fro India.

In a day or two, the hosting SHOULD BE moved over to Invision, the same company that provides the software we use.

Then I should have the account info and be able to work with Invision to correct any problems we have myself.

The Old Man was very apologetic, and basically said that if he hadn't been so cheap this never would have happened

When I asked him if the forum would continue to pay for itself, he said "Yes it will, if I let YOU run it and stay out of it"

Invision SHOULD BE able to recover the lost threads once they get the database

I discussed it with my friend who set up the other site and he agrees that Invision SHOULD BE able to recover the lost threads too.

The DB had malicious code in it, caused by The Boss trying to do it on the cheap, and the programmers he hired to fix it just weren't up to the task.

Apparently he's hired someone who is to clean it up, and once it gets hosted by Invision all that will be blocked because we will have a REAL hosting company that is capable of running things.

I know you all ain't real happy with the way things have been going, and I apologize for that.

If/when I get the keys to the hosting, I want to work with my friend from the other place to make this one even better

So there you have it,,,,

Liar. You don't know what you are doing do you ? I its more likely you caused these problems through inaction or ineptitude.

Tell him thanks, since it is Thanksgiving.

We all have had to cut back, so why couldn't he be able to try also. I find it humorous the name of the company he is going to though, Invision? So old metaphor crap to make things sound larger than they really are for real.

Again, "sh!t happens", just remember it is now when it does, and it remains this moment regardless what time it happens in this atmosphere.

Simple rule in perpetual balancing, contracting results expand into the details arriving next.

It's a "Gravitar". :ninja:

Seems like I heard you can open a gravatar account and upload your own, like imageshack, only this site allows it, , , ,

BTW: did the 'Old Man' mention anything about me being shunned ?

He's in favor of it,,,,

Why would anyone do this ?

I know, right?

I tried that Gravatar thing, I couldn't get it to work for me.

It's connected to wordpress.com and It's just too confusing.

All those bad assed photo shop pics you make and you can't handle this ? :huh:

Seems like I heard you can open a gravatar account and upload your own, like imageshack, only this site allows it, , , ,

I use Imageshack.us all the time.

So what's up Hannibal?
Pissed at Cannon so you're posting over here?
All civil and everything?

Not that I don't welcome it, or you even,

It's just that I end up clenching every time I see you post something nice,,,,

So what's up Hannibal?

Playing Grand Turismo 5 with a friend.

Pissed at Cannon so you're posting over here?

That's between me and him. I think you are a shit Admin, you were ALREADY admin here, I'm not really contributing to you lording over more people elsewhere while posting here.

All civil and everything?

You spoke too soon. :lol:

Not that I don't welcome it, or you even,

Really !? :huh: I'm missing something aren't I ?

It's just that I end up clenching every time I see you post something nice,,,,

Not being "Rude" isn't exactly being "Nice". You are a censor and a shit admin. :ph34r:

I know, right? LOL

This time it worked.

Nicely done.

What angle are you and Cannon trying to play now !? 2 Competing sites ? You walked away from Admin at .net ? What kind of game did you guys come up with this time ?

They're the ones playing games, not I

Suddenly I'm only a member, and Cannon is admin, and no notice, message, phone call, or anything?

My hunch is cannon has nothing to do with it and probably didn't know it was happening.

Someone tripped on their shoestring and thought it was their dick if you ask me

Somebody will say it's all a ploy to drive post counts, bet you a dollar