Obamacare Is A Done Deal

skews13

http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2013/11/obamacare-done-deal

Ezra Klein gives us a progress report on Obamacare:

A spin through HealthCare.Gov this morning went smoothly. The site loaded quickly. The process progressed easily. There were no error messages or endless hangs....My experience isn't rare.

There are increasing reports that HealthCare.Gov is working better — perhaps much better — for consumers than it was a few short weeks ago. "Consumer advocates say it is becoming easier for people
blog_obamacare_site_new.jpg
to sign up for coverage," report Sandhya Somashekhar and Amy Goldstein in the
Washington Post

....Reports from inside the health care bureaucracy are also turning towards optimism. People who knew the Web site was going to be a mess on Oct. 1st are, for the first time, beginning to think HealthCare.Gov might work....The Obama administration is certainly acting like they believe the site has turned the corner. Somashekhar and Goldstein report that they're "moving on to the outreach phase, which had taken a back seat as they grappled with the faulty Web site.

....It's clear that HealthCare.Gov is improving — and, at this point, it's improving reasonably quickly. It won't work perfectly by the end of November but it might well work tolerably early in December. A political system that's become overwhelmingly oriented towards pessimism on Obamacare will have to adjust as the system's technological infrastructure improves.

I think the best translation of that last sentence is, "Republicans will soon have to find something else to gripe about." But it won't work. Conservatives have always known that once Obamacare is up and running, it will become a popular program that's impossible to repeal. That's one of the reasons they've been so frantic to stop it before January 1.

And they've been right about this. People respond far more passionately to the prospect of losing something than they do to gaining something, and once they have Obamacare they'll fight to keep it. In a few months, it will be nearly as enshrined in the American social welfare firmament as Social Security and Medicare.

Republicans have run out of time, and they know it. Their fixation on Obamacare already looks sort of balmy—this weekend's deal with Iran was designed to draw attention away from Obamacare? Seriously?—and it's only going to look loopier as time goes by. Getting Obamacare to the end zone wasn't easy, and Obama almost fumbled the ball at the one-yard line, but he's finally won.

There's nothing left for conservatives to do. Love it or hate it, Obamacare is here to stay.

Cool

The $600+M site looks to be improving while 80 million are slated to lose their coverage so they car get fleeced by obamacare

You must be one of those expecting free healthcare

If the gov can't even get a web site to work what makes you think they can run the healthcare industry?

can't fix stupid

http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2013/11/obamacare-done-deal

I think the best translation of that last sentence is, "Republicans will soon have to find something else to gripe about." But it won't work. Conservatives have always known that once Obamacare is up and running, it will become a popular program that's impossible to repeal. That's one of the reasons they've been so frantic to stop it before January 1.

And they've been right about this. People respond far more passionately to the prospect of losing something than they do to gaining something, and once they have Obamacare they'll fight to keep it. In a few months, it will be nearly as enshrined in the American social welfare firmament as Social Security and Medicare.

Republicans have run out of time, and they know it. Their fixation on Obamacare already looks sort of balmy—this weekend's deal with Iran was designed to draw attention away from Obamacare? Seriously?—and it's only going to look loopier as time goes by. Getting Obamacare to the end zone wasn't easy, and Obama almost fumbled the ball at the one-yard line, but he's finally won.

There's nothing left for conservatives to do. Love it or hate it, Obamacare is here to stay.

ROTFLMAO

Obama care is a done deal all right. It is going down in flames. Next year when the employer mandates kick in and about 90 million will lose their health care what do you think will happen in 2016? If the Dems manage to keep the Senate by a hair in 2014 then it will be GOP all over the place in 2016. And you fools kept saying the GOP was dead. You Dems are resurrecting it with Obama care. People hate the party that lies to them and hits them hard in the pocket book and health care. Obama lied his way to this disaster.

The fixation on ovomitcare is being shown by the people. Every day more people lose their healthcare. As the web site becomes better more people will see the cost of the premiums and the deductibles. Every day more will find out what the cost of the new plan is compared to the cost of the plan they were happy with for decades in some cases. People know the congress is exempt. People know some unions are or may be eligible for exemptions. People know insurance co's are getting paid off. People know the president lied. When co's lose the exemptions, estimates say 100 million will lose their healthcare. The population of the country is going to become more and more fixated on obamacare. People are beginning to ask WHY. For what? This fixation is going to last right through the coming elections. The country needs more fixation.

The fixation on ovomitcare is being shown by the people. Every day more people lose their healthcare. As the web site becomes better more people will see the cost of the premiums and the deductibles. Every day more will find out what the cost of the new plan is compared to the cost of the plan they were happy with for decades in some cases.

Actually, if you're talking about individual plans most of them are canceled every year. There are very few that they have kept for decades.

People know the congress is exempt. No, it's not People know some unions are or may be eligible for exemptions. NOPEPe ople know insurance co's are getting paid off. People know the president lied. When co's lose the exemptions, estimates say 100 million will lose their healthcare. BS, there is no reason for that. The population of the country is going to become more and more fixated on obamacare. People are beginning to ask WHY. For what? This fixation is going to last right through the coming elections. The country needs more fixation.

Your party is going to attempt to blow up the economy in January. People will stop thinking about Obamacare, then.

Ha ha ha ha ha... You think the Website is the only problem Skews??? Do you believe the floodgates will open, and millions of people who were happy with their private plans which were cancelled because of the ACA will dive on an ObamaCare policy? How long have you been recieving telepathic messages from a Grapefruit?

The "ACA horror story" meme has also run its course - as time and again the people providing these screeching, sobbing complaints have been proven to be lying out their asses.

The healthcare plans being displaced by the ACA were SHlT PLANS to start with. The ACA plans that replace them are less expensive in 98% of all cases and cover FAR more.

Obamacare Is A Done Deal.......There's nothing left for conservatives to do. Love it or hate it, Obamacare is here to stay.

Democrats at some point are going to stampede to repeal it, maybe trampling Repubs who aren't moving fast enough. :D

It's dead. It's just waiting to fall down.

See you next year, moonbat. :)

I knew that when Klein was attacking Obamacare, that he was only doing so so that later he could write stories like this.

The fact remains that people aren't going to pay the rates that Obamacare is "offering".

They've created a doctor and hospital shortage, and upwards of 80 million will lose their insurance next year.

The healthcare plans being displaced by the ACA were SHlT PLANS to start with.

You appear to be the one lying out your ass.

The plans being cancelled by obamacare aren't "shit plans", they were plans people were happy to have.

You weren't paying for things you didn't need, as you will now under Obamacare.

Your party is going to attempt to blow up the economy in January. People will stop thinking about Obamacare, then.

In your dreams.

No one is going to get in the way of the train wreck that is your party.

The healthcare plans being displaced by the ACA were SHlT PLANS to start with. The ACA plans that replace them are less expensive in 98% of all cases and cover FAR more.

Who decided these were shiit plans Wharf---Obama---You????

People privately purchased these plans tailored to their own family's needs, and now they have been robbed of personal choice... How can you possibly believe the Government is more qualified to determine these people's needs?

So you want the federal government to keep on spending our way into bankruptcy. What a fine attitude. You probably want Obama to go back to the $1 trillion a year of deficit that was dropped by the sequester. And you claim that it is the Republicans not the Democrats that are blowing up the economy. After 5 years Obama and the Democrats are making the problem worse and worse every year. Look at the % of people employed. It keeps going down. Fewer people are working. Such a plan. Obama Care and Dodd Frank have a lot to do with this nightmare of employment. But you Dems ignore this simple fact and blame the Republicans. The problem is the Republicans can only refuse to pass a bill while the Democrats have the power in the Senate and Presidency.

All anyone has to do is look at the FLOOD of threads started by our obedient con monkey brigade, frantically sucking con dick trying to attack Obamacare, to see what their orders are - how frightened their masters are that it is going to succeed.

All anyone has to do is look at the FLOOD of threads started by our obedient con monkey brigade, frantically sucking con dick trying to attack Obamacare, to see what their orders are - how frightened their masters are that it is going to succeed.

Got dick on the mind again izzy?

The cool part is most of us don't have to attack Obammycare. All we have to do is sit back and enjoy the show as it implodes.

Personally, I am not frightened at all. But the more you up your rhetoric and nonsense post the more you show your fear of failure.

Could you please pass the popcorn?

Got dick on the mind again izzy?

Nah - I never think about you at all.

The cool part is most of us don't have to attack Obammycare. All we have to do is sit back and enjoy the show as it implodes.

Yeah, that's why the first page is thread after thread of you poor fools obediently shouting your propaganda. Cause you JUST DON'T CARE. LOL.

Personally, I am not frightened at all. But the more you up your rhetoric and nonsense post the more you show your fear of failure.

Yes, yes, I know: "No, I'm NOT! YOU are!" Very impressive, cupcake.

There you are isabel! Why did you disappear from our debate earlier this month on the subject of obamacare and health insurance, right after telling me that "no ones runs away from me", even though I bumped the thread numerous times to give you ample opportunity to finally put me in my place? Good to know you are okay. I was worried you must have died, since you claimed you don't run from me, I could not think of any other logical reason you would vanish like that.

Lol...

There you are isabel! Why did you disappear from our debate earlier this month on the subject of obamacare and health insurance, right after telling me that "no ones runs away from me", even though I bumped the thread numerous times to give you ample opportunity to finally put me in my place? Good to know you are okay. I was worried you must have died, since you claimed you don't run from me, I could not think of any other logical reason you would vanish like that.

Lol...

She has been gone awhile while trying to sign up for Obammycare. She is really in need of the mandated mental health coverage. She has been spending all day and night trying to get to the sign up screen but, of course, it a not working.

Lol...

YAWN.

You need a new schtick.

She has been gone awhile while trying to sign up for Obammycare. She is really in need of the mandated mental health coverage. She has been spending all day and night trying to get to the sign up screen but, of course, it a not working.

God, I hope the A team comes back soon. You guys are so flaccid it's excruciating to watch you feebly flapping away, trying SO HARD to be super duper mean.