No Police State Here.....Man arrested for...

When my kids were in school my FIL was dying. I kept them out of school so they could spent time with grandpa before he passed. I called the school and told them what was going on and that the kids would be back when it was all over.

The school told me that wasn't an 'acceptable' excuse and the absences would be unexcused absences. I told them that it was up to me to decide what was acceptable and unacceptable when it comes to my kids. They are my kids, not the school's kids. The absences were excused. :)

When my kids were in school my FIL was dying. I kept them out of school so they could spent time with grandpa before he passed. I called the school and told them what was going on and that the kids would be back when it was all over.

The school told me that wasn't an 'acceptable' excuse and the absences would be unexcused absences. I told them that it was up to me to decide what was acceptable and unacceptable when it comes to my kids. They are my kids, not the school's kids. The absences were excused. :)

I had the same type of issue myself in 10th grade..They wanted to fail me because I missed so much school when I was dealing with all the stuff my dad went through....I missed like 40 days of school that year, but still did all my work and had passing grades in every class...It took getting a lawyer involved.....

Keep thinking this school safety shít is a joke.

I recall school both pre columbine and post columbine. From not being able to carry backpacks, to no jackets, random searches of lockers and other stupid policies. Doors being locked from the outside intercomm system to buzz visitors in.... and so on

To tell you the truth being a tennessee school I'm surprised the father even made it into the office.

I had the same type of issue myself in 10th grade..They wanted to fail me because I missed so much school when I was dealing with all the stuff my dad went through....I missed like 40 days of school that year, but still did all my work and had passing grades in every class...It took getting a lawyer involved.....

Yeah. The administration at that time was like a Nazi prison camp. lol

I recall school both pre columbine and post columbine. From not being able to carry backpacks, to no jackets, random searches of lockers and other stupid policies. Doors being locked from the outside intercomm system to buzz visitors in.... and so on

To tell you the truth being a tennessee school I'm surprised the father even made it into the office.

Well, in a way I can understand some of the policies. But this zero tolerance crap is no good. Sometimes I swear we have lost all common sense.

I don't even remotely think it's a joke.....But this is parents picking up their kids and a cop with a god complex that likes to abuse his power......