3 - 20 yr olds build fully functional Obiecare web site in a couple of

This was posted today on my Corvette Club web site. I'll spare the lefties with the comments that followed.

3 random 20-year-old dudes build fully functional ObamaCare web site in a few days

This is a perfect encapsulation of why everything is worse when government tries to run it. Three 20-year-old dudes with basic competence and a pretty clear idea of what they want to do can create something that works in a few days because they're not concerned with political patronage, politics, insane contracting rules, reporting requirements and the like. They're just concerned with getting the job done.

The government sees a project like this as an excuse to spend hundreds of millions of dollars and keep thousands of people busy, all in the service of creating something that doesn't work. And these are the same people who think they have to run health care, and everything else, because it will be fairer and better if mirco-managed by the "experts."

Maybe we'd be better off if we put 20-year-old dudes in charge of everything. All right. That might be pushing it.

http://www.caintv.com/3-random-20-year-old-dudes-bui

This was posted today on my Corvette Club web site. I'll spare the lefties with the comments that followed.

3 random 20-year-old dudes build fully functional ObamaCare web site in a few days

This is a perfect encapsulation of why everything is worse when government tries to run it. Three 20-year-old dudes with basic competence and a pretty clear idea of what they want to do can create something that works in a few days because they're not concerned with political patronage, politics, insane contracting rules, reporting requirements and the like. They're just concerned with getting the job done.

The government sees a project like this as an excuse to spend hundreds of millions of dollars and keep thousands of people busy, all in the service of creating something that doesn't work. And these are the same people who think they have to run health care, and everything else, because it will be fairer and better if mirco-managed by the "experts."

Maybe we'd be better off if we put 20-year-old dudes in charge of everything. All right. That might be pushing it.

Outstanding. Since the law isn't going anywhere, much to the dismay of rightwingers everywhere, maybe this can be used as a model in the coming months. As far as putting 20 year olds in charge, when it comes to all things internet, that's not necessarily off base. Good post.

Outstanding. Since the law isn't going anywhere, much to the dismay of rightwingers everywhere, maybe this can be used as a model in the coming months. As far as putting 20 year olds in charge, when it comes to all things internet, that's not necessarily off base. Good post.

Yawn....

You gonna pay the extra $65 dollars a month my insurance is gonna cost?

So you think Obama built the web site? Or just making fun of corporations screwing the government ? Because that's what happened .

A 17-year-old kid won top honors at a national science fair for his 26-cent blood test that allows physicians to accomplish something the best minds in the country have not been able to do in 100 years--find pancreatic cancer in time to treat it. So according to your logic we should put medicine in the hands of 17-year-olds and throw out the hundreds of thousands of degreed researchers who've worked for decades to rid us of disease.

A 17-year-old kid won top honors at a national science fair for his 26-cent blood test that allows physicians to accomplish something the best minds in the country have not been able to do in 100 years--find pancreatic cancer in time to treat it. So according to your logic we should put medicine in the hands of 17-year-olds and throw out the hundreds of thousands of degreed researchers who've worked for decades to rid us of disease.

No you dolt! Just as the 12 year old robotics genius was given an intern position with a Robotics company, so should this kid in medical R&D...

Thanks, thought it was interesting myself.

Amazing Obama and his minions couldn't do it in 3-1/2 years for over $600 million, yet these three kids could do it in days with no funds.

Things that make ya go hmmmmmmm...............

In all honesty, I'm happy to see these kids accomplsih something of this nature. It does give me some hope, albeit rather microscopic - for the future. Apparently not all in this younger generation are a bunch of slugs slithering around - there appears to still be a few go-getters. That's a good thing.

Read your own post and get back to me. ;)

Small, organized, and determined groups of people can accomplish a remarkable amount.

Large, disorganized, and dtermined-to-screw-taxpayers government is always inefficient, clumsy, wasteful, and slow.

Churches across this country have set up funds, paid by the Congregation, to pay for major health expenses in the case of an emergency for the congregation. Nearly 100% of that money goes to help congregation members in need and there is virtually zero waste, fraud, or abuse.

Can any liberal name ANY entitlement government program that nearly 100% of the money in goes out to help the American public? That contains virtually zero waste, fraud, or abuse?

Protip: You can't.

That is why most of our founders favored a weak central government, because communities taking care of themselves will ALWAYS be more efficient in every single quantifiable way.

-NW

I heard this story on the radio and couldn't believe how easily they accomplished this. Evidently, they just simplified everything unlike the government Site which tried to "boil the ocean" as they put it.$600 million plus whatever the fixes are gonna cost and it may never work or be secure. Even if you're a committed progressive, how can you not be upset over this colossal waste? It's your money getting squandered too you know. Defending this seems preposterous but it's happening. It's almost like they want to be ripped off.

I'm just a dummy thats flown jets for the better half of his life, but I'm pretty damn impressed that three kids with no money could do in a couple of days what a government with 100's of millions of taxpayer debt funds couldn't do in 3-1/2 years.

If this doesn't illustrate the abject failure of what governments become, I don't know what else could.

Bravo to these kids.

3 random 20-year-old dudes build fully functional ObamaCare web site in a few days. I heard they fished the equipment out of a dumpster behind a Staples.

After they cleaned it at a car wash - all they had to do was let it dry & plug it in.

So you think Obama built the web site? Or just making fun of corporations screwing the government ? Because that's what happened .

Of course he didn't build the web site; he just doesn't know how to delegate. The miserable failure of Obamacare proves it. Send him the numbers of those 3 kids.

The Obama's hands are all over this screwing.....Lets hire a Canadian firm where our friends work...Never mind that they already tried to build a site like this "but more simple" for Canada, and got fired.......

The medical field fights disease and sickness like the Dems fight the war on poverty, there's more money in the treatment not the cure.

When did they production test it with several million users?

There are no longer several million users flooding healthcare.gov, and it's still not working right......That was just 1 small reason as to why the site failed so miserably...

Not what I asked. I see you have no idea whatsoever about how software is developed and tested.

No surprise there - cons often find actual knowledge of a subject to be immaterial to forming an opinion.

Not what I asked. I see you have no idea whatsoever about how software is developed and tested.

No surprise there - cons often find actual knowledge of a subject to be immaterial to forming an opinion.

Not a programmer, but not clueless either....

Also not a con....

Not a programmer, but not clueless either....

Also not a con....

Claiming that three kids built a "fully functional" national healthcare website in "a few days" is prima facie nonsensical - and you don't have to be a programmer to see that. All you need is logic, common sense, and not to be blinded by what you want to be true.