Are we heading towards a general strike?

The market's going up, corporations are making money, and the 1% is doing just fine.

The rest of us?

Not so much.

We have yet to answer the central question:

Is America being run for the benefit of the 1%? (At the expense of everyone else)

I'm all of a sudden hearing people talking about a general strike - the low wage workers who actually do the work in America will take some time off.

It will be fun to watch some of our yuppie parasites making their own lattes and changing their own oil.

I think the sales of Folgers and percolaters will skyrocket.

cc

I'm surprised it hasn't already happened.

Most of the working population that makes middle class pay and below are paycheck to paycheck, and they'll kiss the feet of the wealthy elite for crumbs.

It will probably become an all out armed insurgency against the *gated in* elite someday not that far off.

It's amazing to watch liberals complain about the results of a system they have been supporting.

Obama continues to pump $85 Billion a month into Wall Street, and liberals cheer the DOW and simultaneously whine that Wall Street is getting rich while Main Street burns.

The ignorance is astounding.

Do you guys REALLY not understand the simple principal of cause and effect?

Never happen. Unions are scrabbling to find members. People understand NO WORK NO PAY, unless you work for the fed's. If I owned a company ANYONE who participated in a stike would be fired Immediately. Lines of people would form to take the jobs of those who were let go. Smarten up.

The market's going up, corporations are making money, and the 1% is doing just fine.

The rest of us?

Not so much.

Is America being run for the benefit of the 1%? (At the expense of everyone else)

I'm all of a sudden hearing people talking about a general strike - the low wage workers who actually do the work in America will take some time off.

It will be fun to watch some of our yuppie parasites making their own lattes and changing their own oil.

cc

You can personally thank Obama for continuing to make the rich richer...It is his policies that are doing it. For every lazy ass progressive liberal who thinks he's owed everything there are plenty of other people willing to replace him and make lattes. A lot of people change their own oil already so don't see the big fluff about that one. It sucks to be uneducated and have no prospect of a future....go cry to your liber friends and Obama. You want something in this world you work for it and educate yourself to a better position in life. You liber's were never taught that in your glorious public education system.

Republicans are smugly thumbing their noses at the working class while they enrich their elite corporate paymasters.

Precisely what brought about unionization of workplaces so long ago ....

The Dems' fingerprints are all over this class warfare too, but you're right.

If one takes the position that both parties are at fault, it's time for a 3rd party (and a 4th, and a 5th...).

cc

Republicans are smugly thumbing their noses at the working class while they enrich their elite corporate paymasters.

you really need to get an education Wharf...you're just plain embarrassing! You're high school diploma just ain't getting it.

If one takes the position that both parties are at fault, it's time for a 3rd party (and a 4th, and a 5th...).

cc

Progressive are really going to hate someone like Rand Paul as president.....you can say goodbye to your progressive lunatic utopian dream.

you really need to get an education Wharf...you're just plain embarrassing! You're high school diploma just ain't getting it.

Progressive are really going to hate someone like Rand Paul as president.....you can say goodbye to your progressive lunatic utopian dream.

I thought you guys were going to run Caribou Barbie.

Or Condi Rice.

Or the Cruzer.

Or 999.

Or Gomer.

Or Bobby J.

Or Jeb.

Or Allen West.

Help us out, here.

cc

The rest of us?

Not so much.

cc

Wait a minute I thought the Economy is great. That is what we keep hearing from Obama and his minions in congress and the media

The rest of us?

Not so much.

cc

I doubt it. There are so many unemployed people who would just be happy to have a job, and there are so many others who are happy to have whatever jobs they're working. So many workers get shit on these days because they're easily replaced. It sucks, but that's the way it is.

Never happen. Unions are scrabbling to find members. People understand NO WORK NO PAY, unless you work for the fed's. If I owned a company ANYONE who participated in a stike would be fired Immediately. Lines of people would form to take the jobs of those who were let go. Smarten up.

You sound like you'd make an owner who would give your workers ample reason to strike. I'd advise you never to own a company with any employees other than yourself.

this is an argument that has gone on for thousands of years...and will keep going on.

without a fundamental collapse of modern society no real change is possible.

good news though...in 100 years or so (long AFTER Al Gore and a huge chunk of the human race is dead), the earth will start to look like mars and whatever manages to scrape a living out of that, just might have a chance to make some real progress

The rest of us?

Not so much.

cc

Damn you act like this is the first time in the history of the world there were low wage workers, I was broke and without health insurance until I 29. Read what you wrote, markets are up, corporations are making money and the 1% are doing just fine, where's the money coming from to fuel this statement, I got news for your shallow way of thinking if people aren't working and buying 5hit the opposite would be happening, right?

Your *principles* - if you want to call them that - are so similar to the Monarchy that caused this country to be born its amazing.

You screech for a return to the principles of banding together for change, for a way out from under the oppression of power and greed.... then when people band together to form a union to get some relief from the oppressive power and greed of the corporate world that chokes the life out of its workers, you threaten to smash the workers.

You should kill yourself.

cc

That's what I've been talking about!

We need to break the monopoly of the two party farce!

Both parties represent Globalist Bilderberger elite interests!

Jesse Ventura for POTUS!

sorry b*tch....but obama is larger on the wall street corporate payroll than any potus in US history. a democrat.