Opposition to the ACA "insane"

"Really all the fuss about the ACA is simply insane. It is pitched as socialized medicine but it is nothing of the sort. It is simply insurance reform. The entire system will still be mostly private sector and market based, it’s just that the evil insurance corporations will have to cover people better and give people better insurance.

There will also be a Medicaid expansion, but I am not sure if they are screaming about that. Many Republican governors are turning down federal Medicaid expansion, but I am not sure why. The federal government has come in and said we are going to insure a lot of the poor people in your state, and the Republicans told them to get lost? How does that make sense in any rational universe?

This is the exact same program that the conservative idiots put forward as the best health care program in 1992. Bob Dole via the Heritage Foundation offered what is simply Obamacare as an alternative to Hillarycare. Now here it is 11 years later and they are going batsht insane about their own old plan.

None of it makes the slightest bit of sense. The only way that the opposition to the ACA makes any sense at all is if you simply conclude that the Republicans are a party of crazed nutcases."

http://robertlindsay.wordpress.com/

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It shows a lack of character of cons here that they won't admit Obamacare is their baby. It was written by the Heritage Foundation and put forth with great fanfare by the Republicans as their response to the Clinton Administration's healthcare plan.

Now you won't see one Republican admit to it, which is really dumb -- it's no secret and plenty know it.

I have asked this several times before and none of you libs have ever answered-

Can one of you please post a link to the plan proposed by the Heritage Foundation or other Republicans in the early 90's where they FORCED companies to provide insurance to their employees if they had more than 50?

If it was the "the exact same program", then this should be very easy to do.

Thanks in advance.

Can one of you please post a link to the plan proposed by the Heritage Foundation or other Republicans in the early 90's where they FORCED companies to provide insurance to their employees if they had more than 50?

Thanks in advance.

Maybe "exactly" is sort of like "you can keep your insurance" ...

Thanks in advance.

But, but, but...."state exchanges!" :lol:

It shows a lack of character of cons here that they won't admit Obamacare is their baby. It was written by the Heritage Foundation and put forth with great fanfare by the Republicans as their response to the Clinton Administration's healthcare plan.

Now you won't see one Republican admit to it, which is really dumb -- it's no secret and plenty know it.

It shows an even greater lack of character when the Democrats are trying to pin the blame on others, when not a single Republican in the House or Senate Voted in support of the ObamaCare Bill..

It also showed a lack of character when Obama lied about keeping your Doctor and Privately purchased plans if you were happy with them PERIOD.

And more lack of character was demonstrated when the Left tried to assign blame to the Private insurance providers, when they were simpkly complying with the ACA Law's mandates for specific coverage.

Lisa.... This is 100% owned by Obama and the Democrats.. It was rammed through via arm-twisting, intimidation, and back room deals to pass on a straight party line vote.

"Really all the fuss about the ACA is simply insane. It is pitched as socialized medicine but it is nothing of the sort. It is simply insurance reform. The entire system will still be mostly private sector and market based, it’s just that the evil insurance corporations will have to cover people better and give people better insurance.

There will also be a Medicaid expansion, but I am not sure if they are screaming about that. Many Republican governors are turning down federal Medicaid expansion, but I am not sure why. The federal government has come in and said we are going to insure a lot of the poor people in your state, and the Republicans told them to get lost? How does that make sense in any rational universe?

This is the exact same program that the conservative idiots put forward as the best health care program in 1992. Bob Dole via the Heritage Foundation offered what is simply Obamacare as an alternative to Hillarycare. Now here it is 11 years later and they are going batsht insane about their own old plan.

None of it makes the slightest bit of sense. The only way that the opposition to the ACA makes any sense at all is if you simply conclude that the Republicans are a party of crazed nutcases."

dano, you just aren't a smart person. LOL!

Funny watching you dopes trying to pass the buck. Up until the beginning of October, this was Obies "signature" bill. Now that it's becoming a complete bust (which 60% of the country said it would be) you dopes are doing anything to scamper away from it. Can't blame this one on Bush, so it must be the R's fault. You're an idiot, a product of the very thing you complain about.

I think it's about who gets the credit. It drives Republicans crazy that President Obama might get credit for reigning in the insurance companies and ensuring that almost everyone has access to some form of health insurance.

Personally, I'm for 100% socialized health care ala Canada or Britain .... so, I'm kind of hoping the ACA ends up destroying the health insurance market completely so we can finally get to what we should have ... National Health Care for all.

Thanks in advance.

Romneycare mandated that nearly every resident of Massachusetts obtain a state-government-regulated minimum level of healthcare insurance coverage and provided free network-tiered health care insurance for residents earning less than 150% of the federal poverty rate(FPL), but ineligible for Medicaid.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2012/02/07/the-tortuous-conservative-history-of-the-individual-mandate/

>With these considerations in mind, in 1989, Stuart Butler of the Heritage Foundation proposed a plan he called “Assuring Affordable Health Care for All Americans.” Stuart’s plan included a provision to “mandate all households to obtain adequate insurance,” which he framed explicitly as a way to address the “free rider” problem and employer mandates (emphasis added):

Many states now require passengers in automobiles to wear seatbelts for their own protection. Many others require anybody driving a car to have liability insurance. But neither the federal government nor any state requires all households to protect themselves from the potentially catastrophic costs of a serious accident or illness. Under the Heritage plan, there would be such a requirement.

This mandate is based on two important principles.
First, that
health care protection is a responsibility of individuals
, not businesses.
Thus to the extent that anybody should be required to provide coverage to a family, the household mandate assumes that it is the family that carries the first responsibility. Second, it assumes that there is an implicit contract between households and society, based on the notion that health insurance is not like other forms of insurance protection.<

You're welcome.

Thanks in advance.

If Obamacare, the latest in his string of failures, could be blamed on Republicans, we would see Banner Headlines - 24/7 across the entire galaxy.

Romneycare mandated that nearly every resident of Massachusetts obtain a state-government-regulated minimum level of healthcare insurance coverage and provided free network-tiered health care insurance for residents earning less than 150% of the federal poverty rate(FPL), but ineligible for Medicaid.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2012/02/07/the-tortuous-conservative-history-of-the-individual-mandate/

>With these considerations in mind, in 1989, Stuart Butler of the Heritage Foundation proposed a plan he called “Assuring Affordable Health Care for All Americans.” Stuart’s plan included a provision to “mandate all households to obtain adequate insurance,” which he framed explicitly as a way to address the “free rider” problem and employer mandates (emphasis added):

You're welcome.

What does all of that have to do with my amazingly simple question? I very, very, very clearly asked where the Heritage plan mandated that *****COMPANIES***** provide insurance to their employees if they had more than 50.

Now, can you please re-read and re-read this simple question until it sinks through your thick skull, and try answering it again?

Thanks in advance.

Personally, I'm for 100% socialized health care ala Canada or Britain .... so, I'm kind of hoping the ACA ends up destroying the health insurance market completely so we can finally get to what we should have ... National Health Care for all.

You continue to prove you're an idiot.

As the U.S. government takes its first faltering steps to implement Obamacare, doctors in Britain are complaining that their country’s £5.6 billion publicly funded National Health Service (NHS) is “worse than Communist China.

”Physicians attending the British Medical Association’s annual conference in Edinburgh said they were fed-up with NHS bureaucrats overriding their medical decisions, “bullying” doctors, and putting money concerns before patient care, according to a June 25 story in the UK Telegraph.“Not even in Communist China did they have managers overruling doctors in the operation of hospitals and health services,”

Dr. Peter Holden, a member of the BMA, is quoted as saying. But even though British physicians say that NHS bureaucrats are compromising patient care to save money, the government-run healthcare system is about to run out of funds, the Telegraph reported July 5th. And by 2020, the largest single-payer healthcare system in the world will be running a deficit six times larger than its annual operating budget, forcing the closure of up to 20 percent of Britain’s hospitals, which are already inundated with patients seeking free care.

Maybe the French socilaists?

What does all of that have to do with my amazingly simple question? I very, very, very clearly asked where the Heritage plan mandated that *****COMPANIES***** provide insurance to their employees if they had more than 50.

Now, can you please re-read and re-read this simple question until it sinks through your thick skull, and try answering it again?

Thanks in advance.

I proved your point for you that you could not, dolt.

Again, "you're welcome"

Try to recognize that something's going on, even if you can't understand it.

Obamacare will reduce premiums - - - If you like your plan, you can keep your plan, PERIOD - - - I didn't set a Red Line on Syria - - - The private sector is doing fine - - - we'll create shovel ready jobs - - - I didn't know the IRS was targeting conservative groups - - - I will cut the deficit in half - - - Obamacare won't add ONE DIME to the deficit - - - I will close Guantanamo - - - I didn't know about the NSA spying - - - Bengazi was caused by a YOUTUBE video - - - You didn't build that - - - I never said "if you like your plan, you can keep your plan" - - - this is the most transparent administration in history - - - I had no idea about the AP phone tapping - - - Bill Ayers was just a guy in the neighborhood.

Some food for thought - throughout history, there have been leaders who were truly insane. This is not a laughing matter.

delusions of grandeur - a delusion (common in paranoia) that you are much greater and more powerful and influential than you really are

delusion, psychotic belief - (psychology) an erroneous belief that is held in the face of evidence to the contrary

YOu can try to put icing on a turd, but it is still a turd known as the Hindenburg.

I know grandma Lula always said: " Ya can't shine shiit".

What will ultimately kill barrycare are the very people that are his base. The so called "young invincibles" simply will not buy into it. Cost is too high, copay and deductible is too high.

It is very obvious that in their push to get "something" passed they paid absolutely no attention to the hodgepodge of contradictions that they passed.

Nope. The facts of the case do not support your conclusion.

What? The first 2 post of this thread state the following-

"This is the exact same program that the conservative idiots put forward"

"their own old plan"

"Obamacare is their baby"

" It was written by the Heritage Foundation"

But you seem to be saying that a major part of obamacare was not in the Heritage plan. And this is only one of many, many parts of obamacare I could have picked as an example of major differences. So either the posters above are POS liars, or they are ignorant morons.

So which is it?

Really? why are insurance companys the villain that needs reformed by corrupt politicians bending the universal rule of adapt or become extinct hiding behind metaphors of maybe real isn't self contained to now all the time.

After all all humanity is constructed within time changes details of space spaced apart by linear mathetmatical equations academically. scientifically, spiritually, and economically with the common philosophy nobody can know what real is in plain sight.

My name is "NOBODY" and any body playing a who is just letters of an alphabet defining a subjective terminology for a what genetic continuation added as an object occupying space spaced apart individually into this atmosphere now everything being part of the periodic table of contents self contianed in this universal position all the time.

Self evident and every theory and theology humanity uses to define social identitiy is incomplete on purpose. for the reason to add chaos in a naturally balancing moment.

Intellect creating a revolution against instincts. Now there is insanity as defined by Albert Einstein..