MSNBC Asks: Is Obamacare Obama's Katrina?

Golfboy

obamaskatrina.jpg

It's worse. Obamacare is a self inflicted wound.

Problems with the idea that Obamacare is similar for Obama, as Bush was for Katrina:

1. Bush’s political party didn’t design and enact Hurricane Katrina.

2. Bush didn’t have 5 years to craft his response to the hurricane.

3. Bush didn’t have the power to redesign the hurricane as he designed his response to it.

4. Bush didn't believe he could not simply bully past the Democratic Mayor of New Orleans and the Democratic Governor of Louisiana and impose a federal solution Obama and Democrats aggressively and voluntarily took over an area of policy that might have been left to the states.

5. The media slammed Bush long and hard for everything — making big scandals out of things that were they done by Obama, would have been forgotten a week later, but the media have bent over backwards for years to help make Obama look good and to bury or never even uncover all of his lies and misdeeds.

6. If Bush experienced a disaster like the rollout of Obamacare, the NYT wouldn’t use its front page to remind us of something Bill Clinton did.

Not quite!

Former Bush aide: ObamaCare is president's Katrina

http://thehill.com/video/administration/190399-former-bush-aide-obamacare-is-presidents-katrina

By Justin Sink - 11/15/13 11:58 AM EST

A top aide to former President George W. Bush compared the rollout of the Affordable Care Act to Hurricane Katrina, saying the political fallout from the botched implementation threatened to derail President Obama's second term.

There are moments in a presidency where everything is different afterward, and I believe this is that moment," former White House communications director Nicolle Wallace told MSNBC on Friday. "For us, it was Hurricane Katrina because while public support had been dropping for the War in Iraq, after Katrina, after many members of the public and every member of the Democratic Party viewed us as incompetent, and it transcended to everything else we did.

obamaskatrina.jpg

It's worse. Obamacare is a self inflicted wound.

Problems with the idea that Obamacare is similar for Obama, as Bush was for Katrina:

1. Bush’s political party didn’t design and enact Hurricane Katrina.

2. Bush didn’t have 5 years to craft his response to the hurricane.

3. Bush didn’t have the power to redesign the hurricane as he designed his response to it.

4. Bush didn't believe he could not simply bully past the Democratic Mayor of New Orleans and the Democratic Governor of Louisiana and impose a federal solution Obama and Democrats aggressively and voluntarily took over an area of policy that might have been left to the states.

5. The media slammed Bush long and hard for everything — making big scandals out of things that were they done by Obama, would have been forgotten a week later, but the media have bent over backwards for years to help make Obama look good and to bury or never even uncover all of his lies and misdeeds.

6. If Bush experienced a disaster like the rollout of Obamacare, the NYT wouldn’t use its front page to remind us of something Bill Clinton did.

Is getting health insurance for millions of people the samething as a hurricane? Is that your question goofy? :lol:

I thought you were just a partisan hack. Now I realize you are mentally ill. Good news. Obamacare requires coverage that in policies now.

Is getting health insurance for millions of people the samething as a hurricane? Is that your question goofy? :lol:

100 times more people are losing their coverage than those getting it, moonbat.

And Obamacare's success depends on young people being willing to sign up and pay vastly higher premiums than they'd expected, or it collapses financially.

That's not going to happen.

Golfboy, on 15 Nov 2013 - 12:43, said:

I thought you were just a partisan hack. Now I realize you are mentally ill. Good news. Obamacare requires coverage that in policies now.

Amazing how psychotics think normality and common sense is mentally ill. :D

I didn't miss the point, I corrected your misleading thread title.

No, you missed the point. As usual.

Sorry man, but the uninsured didn't want insurance.

http://news.investors.com/111513-679344-obama-misled-about-uninsured-in-obamacare-push.htm

Just 18% of the uninsured have bothered to go to one of the ObamaCare exchange websites, according to a recent Gallup survey. And only 22% say they plan to buy an ObamaCare plan next year.

That same week, a Reuters poll found that 56% of the uninsured oppose ObamaCare. Just 44% view it favorably. In other words, the uninsured are, if anything, more opposed to the law than are the public at large.

We told you.

Embrace your failure.

If millions of people needed healthcare they can pay for on thier own,,, we dont need nigbamacare

I've already been to the exchange and signed up for my insurance, but I have talked to the people at my workplace. Most of the support staff will be moving to the exchanges because it will much cheaper to buy insurance. A lot of them have said they are waiting for the glitches on the healthcare.gov website to be fixed before they buy their insurance.

There are quite a few young people where I work who are planning to buy insurance. Many of them had been uninsured, but will be signing up because the insurance on the exchanges is something they can afford. Some of them said that their families were relieved that they didn't have to worry about them being uninsured.

I've already been to the exchange and signed up for my insurance, but I have talked to the people at my workplace. Most of the support staff will be moving to the exchanges because it will much cheaper to buy insurance. A lot of them have said they are waiting for the glitches on the healthcare.gov website to be fixed before they buy their insurance.

There are quite a few young people where I work who are planning to buy insurance. Many of them had been uninsured, but will be signing up because the insurance on the exchanges is something they can afford. Some of them said that their families were relieved that they didn't have to worry about them being uninsured.

Might wanna read huffy today about young folks not signing up and the bulk of the ones that have signed up are the older people with pre existing which will quickly put it under water.

If it becomes a trend, that could lead to increases in insurance premiums and deductibles next year. Along with the paltry enrollment numbers released this week, officials in a handful of states said those who had managed to sign up were generally older people with medical problems — those with the greatest incentives to get coverage.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/15/young-people-obamacare-problem-_n_4280469.html

Might wanna read huffy today about young folks not signing up and the bulk of the ones that have signed up are the older people with pre existing which will quickly put it under water.

If it becomes a trend, that could lead to increases in insurance premiums and deductibles next year. Along with the paltry enrollment numbers released this week, officials in a handful of states said those who had managed to sign up were generally older people with medical problems — those with the greatest incentives to get coverage.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/15/young-people-obamacare-problem-_n_4280469.html

Well, I talked to the ones at work and they are signing up. They said they are waiting for the problems with website to be fixed.

Are the supposed young people to which you are referring currently healthy? If so, then why the hell would they buy insurance now when they can simply wait until they get sick to buy it? Are they really that stupid?

Well, I talked to the ones at work and they are signing up. They said they are waiting for the problems with website to be fixed.

Which Policy did you sign up for.... How much does it cost per month, and what's the deductible?

ObamaCare targets the 18-35 age group... How did the architects of Law determine these people had enough disposable income to add another Bill of several hundred dollars to their monthly budjets?

Are the supposed young people to which you are referring currently healthy? If so, then why the hell would they buy insurance now when they can simply wait until they get sick to buy it? Are they really that stupid?

Good point,,,

The way the ObamaCare Law is crafted with the pre-existing condition clause, it's like being able to purchase Auto insurance on a car the day after you fuucking totalled it.... and can't be denied.

Good point,,,

The way the ObamaCare Law is crafted with the pre-existing condition clause, it's like being able to purchase Auto insurance on a car the day after you fuucking totalled it.... and can't be denied.

Shhhhh... don't give these retarded imbeciles any ideas.

SURE you did. :rolleyes:

Why are these people at your work uninsured, but you get your insurance through your employer?

Does he discriminate?

Where did LoreD go? I thought my question was pretty simple...

Obama already had his Katrina, called the Gulf Oil Spill which he could've prevented and at least be more transparent about after the fact, still coverups, drawn out court proceedings, enviro disasters still going on, but you don't hear about if from the Jewish MSM because they don't want that an issue.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89KF5eHjaWY

They couldn't afford the insurance; with the ACA, they can afford it.

Sure they can.

Obamacare is driving prices UP, not down.

Obamacare plans cost more 'in many cases' even WITH government Subsidies

The Administration admitted that last week, it's time for you to stop making this claim when the Administration has refuted you.

'Although affected individuals and small businesses may access quality health insurance coverage through the new Health Insurance Marketplaces,' Cohen wrote, 'in many cases with federal subsidies, some of them are finding that such coverage would be more expensive than their current coverage, and thus they may [be] dissuaded from immediately transitioning to such coverage.'