I Heard You Can Live Large On Welfare Should I Quit My Job And Sign Up

It seems to me that people on welfare got it made in the shade why they can sleep till noon and jst hang out all day while Uncle Sam provides them a comfortable living so I think i should get in on this.

I mean why bother killing myself at a job I hate when i could live in subsidized housing geting a free pad and I can be on foodstamps plus I could be on Medicaid no more paying high premiums need to call my homeboys no problem Obama got my back with a free cellphone.

Frankly if i continue to work and pay my own way tyou are just a fool so tody I quit my job and Monday you will find me at the welfare office cause from here on out I think if everybody else is living off the land why shouldnt I get my free stuff too.

I encourage others to quit they jobs and get on the gravy train why should you have to waste half your life at a job you hat and dont worry Obama said he was brining some more Mexicans up to do those jobs we dont want so youll still be able to get a Big Mac .

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems to me that people on welfare got it made in the shade why they can sleep till noon and jst hang out all day while Uncle Sam provides them a comfortable living so I think i should get in on this.

I mean why bother killing myself at a job I hate when i could live in subsidized housing geting a free pad and I can be on foodstamps plus I could be on Medicaid no more paying high premiums need to call my homeboys no problem Obama got my back with a free cellphone.

Frankly if i continue to work and pay my own way tyou are just a fool so tody I quit my job and Monday you will find me at the welfare office cause from here on out I think if everybody else is living off the land why shouldnt I get my free stuff too.

I encourage others to quit they jobs and get on the gravy train why should you have to waste half your life at a job you hat and dont worry Obama said he was brining some more Mexicans up to do those jobs we dont want so youll still be able to get a Big Mac .

Frankly, and sadly, this is a very valid question.

If you can "earn" a similar amount of money from government giveaways, why WOULD you work?

Liberals don't understand that their handouts provide a disincentive work.

Frankly, and sadly, this is a very valid question.

If you can "earn" a similar amount of money from government giveaways, why WOULD you work?

Liberals don't understand that their handouts provide a disincentive work.

Well there has been no job growth under obama thats for damn sure so maybe people got no options other than welfare.

You know, you're right! You've discovered the secret.

Quit your job RIGHT NOW and wait for all that free stuff to just start pouring in.

Let us know how it works out for you.

Quit your job RIGHT NOW and wait for all that free stuff to just start pouring in.

See what I mean? The loony left simply doesn't understand that when you pay people not to work, that people will take them up on it.

I'll work.. there is no such thing as a free anything .. strings are always attached.

perhaps but quitting my job would free up plenty of time to manipulate those strings and work the system .

It occurs to me that I should hook up with some desparate chick cause as a team we could really work the system and pump out a baby every other year or so to get more free goodies and we just be one big happy family we may be on welfare but we got eachother and a whole lotta loving.

It occurs to me that I should hook up with some desparate chick cause as a team we could really work the system and pump out a baby every other year or so to get more free goodies and we just be one big happy family we may be on welfare but we got eachother and a whole lotta loving.

Yes, yes - what are you waiting for?

DO IT NOW.

See what I mean? The loony left simply doesn't understand that when you pay people not to work, that people will take them up on it.

No, few will do it.

Anyone who reads psychology -- or even just takes a good look within himself -- knows that human beings have high needs to make their own way in life without help and to know they are making a contribution to the lives of others. If you're wealthy, a very good way to satisfy that need is to make huge contributions to institutions -- education, science, faith, the list must be nearly endless. You'll have the incredible satisfaction of knowing you've helped others, and very often they reciprocate by naming buildings after you (!)

But you don't need to be wealthy. Volunteerism is very popular with Americans. Look at the numbers of people who pour into disaster areas to help, many sent by religious organizations. Look at the people who work at church clothes closets, who pick up litter. Even these seemingly low-totem-poll things bring great satisfaction to the people who do them, and most don't get paid. They aren't looking to be paid, so it works out :)

Back to the main point: most people will do anything to stay off welfare, to the point of endangering their health. Most who go on it do so as a last-ditch effort to keep their families from going hungry.

Yes, many hate their jobs, but they'll stay at those jobs rather than go on welfare. It would drive them crazy to be idle. And happy are they who do what they love and can support themselves doing it!

This idea that there are legions of lazy people who'd jump at the chance for freebies is without much foundation.

No, few will do it.

Back to the main point: most people will do anything to stay off welfare, to the point of endangering their health. Most who go on it do so as a last-ditch effort to keep their families from going hungry.

This idea that there are legions of lazy people who'd jump at the chance for freebies is without much foundation.

Surely you can support these claims, right?

We've seen just the oppose of what you claim here to be reality. Millions have decided it's easier to stay on welfare than get a job, and then when the welfare runs out, they simply apply for Social Security.

Millions.

I'd say "millions" could easily be described as "legions".

If you are a single mom with 5 kids, nothing in the bank,are willing to live in the projects....well...maybe you can "get by" but you don't get to be a high roller by any means. If you happen to have ANY real assets, are a single male....forget it. You are then getting " General Assistance" in the county where I was....that barely covers the RENT and the county treats it as a LOAN you later must pay back.

They ALSO expect you to be in job training (which got closed due to cut funding) to job hunt...etc etc. Yes...if you have KIDS you can get AFDC...but it's not like you then can live the good life. Aside from a place to live and a frugal food budget...you will not have much else.

If you are a single mom with 5 kids, nothing in the bank,are willing to live in the projects....well...maybe you can "get by" but you don't get to be a high roller by any means. If you happen to have ANY real assets, are a single male....forget it. You are then getting " General Assistance" in the county where I was....that barely covers the RENT and the county treats it as a LOAN you later must pay back.

They ALSO expect you to be in job training (which got closed due to cut funding) to job hunt...etc etc. Yes...if you have KIDS you can get AFDC...but it's not like you then can live the good life. Aside from a place to live and a frugal food budget...you will not have much else.

This is what liberals rely on... keeping them poor and dependant so every election they can scare them with the claim that Republicans want to take away the meager handouts that they rely on for their miserable existence.

Try it and see . You'll live on $4 a day with food stamps . Look for Mac and cheese sometimes you can get 4 boxes for a dollar .

Is this too large?

Yeah if you apply for like 20 or 40 people in your house you can the government won't catch you but news media loves theses stories . Try it, tell us how it's going .

A lot of food stamp people and assistance are working poor that means their jobs don't pay enough to live on .

Cheats ? Yes but in every part of society like business and bankers and republicans . Sure , if you drink the conbaggers cool aid you'll believe in that crap . My suggestions tries it see for yourself , if its in your character to cheat ? You will . That simple.

A warning , check your spelling , read before you post . People here don't care about continent just spelling . You have a few mistakes.

Try it and see . You'll live on $4 a day with food stamps . Look for Mac and cheese sometimes you can get 4 boxes for a dollar .

Is this too large?

Yeah if you apply for like20 or 40 people in your house you can the government won't catch you but news media loves theses stories . Try it, tell us how it's going .

alot of fod stamp people and asistanceare working poor that means their jobs don't pay enough to live on .

Cheats ? Yes but in every part of society like business and bankers and republicans . Sure , if you drink the conbaggers cool aid you'll believe in that crap . My suggestions tries it see for yourself , if its in your character to cheat ? You will . That simple.

Ramens are way cheaper than Mac n cheese

We've seen just the oppose of what you claim here to be reality. Millions have decided it's easier to stay on welfare than get a job, and then when the welfare runs out, they simply apply for Social Security.

Millions.

Mostly a MYTH the Right wing has pushed for decades. If you have NO hope to get a job that's apt to last, pay more than minimum....and you have kids....AFDC is better than homeless, better than jail. AFDC is in effect...Uncle Sam paying the cost of raising kids because we would be shamed if a mom and several kids had to live in a dumpster or sleep in an abandoned car. Our least able Americans ARE still Americans. We don't have an economy where we can,do, employ people who have a low IQ, have no real aptitude, are not blessed with personality,physical strength or much else. I've been around. I saw people who were a FAIL as a ditch digger,a busboy,a dishwasher,a janitor. What should happen to them? Do we want them to "spare change at the mall? To sell dope? to shoplift?

NO

So? what is the alternative? Fact is ...unless you want Death Camps....the current system is about as CHEAP as we can get.

Seems makes seams of reality's material in creating the suits of social identity woven in syllables of string theories and threads that lead everyone to deny what is really going on in reality.

Live by metaphors, die by ignoring the self containment that produces self evident ancestors acting like society's chosen people in either leaderships or fellowships sponging off those that allow self deception to rule their lifetimes cradle to grave.

This is what liberals rely on... keeping them poor and dependant so every election they can scare them with the claim that Republicans want to take away the meager handouts that they rely on for their miserable existence.

I KNEW real people on welfare. I met people who were too scrambled or dumb to hold ANY job. I had times when I tried to get ANY job...and could not get enough to break even...and I had experience and job skills, education, an IQ well above average. There ARE people who ...as an employee...would SUCK. Hell...there's people on this Forum who are too dishonest, too hostile, and I'd never hire them.

That we EXPORTED a huge number of jobs that were suited to the relatively "low skill" parts of America....poses quite a problem. Someone who never finished high school, has a bunch of FLAWS where they tend to NOT do anything well.....has very limited hopes to get and keep ANY job.

No just live within your means

But I want much more out of life than my meager wages will pay for how about getting some credit cards why I head with credit you can even live as good as the Jonses.

I KNEW real people on welfare. I met people who were too scrambled or dumb to hold ANY job. I had times when I tried to get ANY job...and could not get enough to break even...and I had experience and job skills, education, an IQ well above average. There ARE people who ...as an employee...would SUCK. Hell...there's people on this Forum who are too dishonest, too hostile, and I'd never hire them.

That we EXPORTED a huge number of jobs that were suited to the relatively "low skill" parts of America....poses quite a problem. Someone who never finished high school, has a bunch of FLAWS where they tend to NOT do anything well.....has very limited hopes to get and keep ANY job.

Why don't they try to learn something and improve their situation rather than giving up.

You speak the truth. I wonder why idiots like Sleepercell think being on welfare is a peice of cake? It is not.

Millions.

Okay. Abraham Maslow did all that research, which has been replicated God knows how many times, for nothing. Because geez, everyone knows that there are endless numbers of jobs out there every one of which pays enough to live in a semblance of dignity and anyone on welfare wants to not work, has no self-esteem. There IS no such thing as self-actualization nor the need for it.

Christ almighty. Do some reading.