Obama huddles with insurance execs

Golfboy

Obama calling the insurance companies he just threw under the bus, into the Oval Office in an attempt to pressure them into breaking the law, and taking a huge financial hit in an attempt to save Obama's ass and his failing healthcare plan.

I hope the tell him to stick it where the sun don't shine, but I doubt they will.

http://thehill.com/blogs/healthwatch/health-reform-implementation/190371-obama-huddles-with-healthcare-insurance-execs

President Obama will meet with health insurance executives Friday at the White House, one day after the president announced a new regulation intended to address policies canceled because of ObamaCare.

The meeting comes amid growing tensions between the administration and the insurance companies over implementation of the sweeping healthcare law.

"Today CEOs from across the health insurance industry will be meeting with President Obama and senior administration officials to discuss ways to work together to help people enroll through the Marketplace and efforts to minimize disruption for consumers as they transition to new coverage," a White House official said.

On Thursday, insurance companies slammed the president’s proposal, which would allow them to continue offering existing plans to current customers — even if individuals had bought insurance in since the passage of ObamaCare, or those policies had been substantially changed.

The move was seen as an attempt to shift the burden for the president’s promise that Americans could keep their plans from the administration to insurers.

“Changing the rules after health plans have already met the requirements of the [healthcare] law could destabilize the market and result in higher premiums for consumers," said Karen Ignagni, president of America's Health Insurance Plans, a leading trade group.

“The only reason consumers are getting notices about their current coverage changing is because the Affordable Care Act requires all policies to cover a broad range of benefits that go beyond what many people choose to purchase today,” she added.

Obama calling the insurance companies he just threw under the bus, into the Oval Office in an attempt to pressure them into breaking the law, and taking a huge financial hit in an attempt to save Obama's ass and his failing healthcare plan.

I hope the tell him to stick it where the sun don't shine, but I doubt they will.

http://thehill.com/blogs/healthwatch/health-reform-implementation/190371-obama-huddles-with-healthcare-insurance-execs

President Obama will meet with health insurance executives Friday at the White House, one day after the president announced a new regulation intended to address policies canceled because of ObamaCare.

The meeting comes amid growing tensions between the administration and the insurance companies over implementation of the sweeping healthcare law.

"Today CEOs from across the health insurance industry will be meeting with President Obama and senior administration officials to discuss ways to work together to help people enroll through the Marketplace and efforts to minimize disruption for consumers as they transition to new coverage," a White House official said.

On Thursday, insurance companies slammed the president’s proposal, which would allow them to continue offering existing plans to current customers — even if individuals had bought insurance in since the passage of ObamaCare, or those policies had been substantially changed.

The move was seen as an attempt to shift the burden for the president’s promise that Americans could keep their plans from the administration to insurers.

“Changing the rules after health plans have already met the requirements of the [healthcare] law could destabilize the market and result in higher premiums for consumers," said Karen Ignagni, president of America's Health Insurance Plans, a leading trade group.

“The only reason consumers are getting notices about their current coverage changing is because the Affordable Care Act requires all policies to cover a broad range of benefits that go beyond what many people choose to purchase today,” she added.

Once again goofy gets everything backwards. It's the insurance companies that through the American people under the bus. The President is going to give them one last chance to stop hurting the people. That's one more chance then I would give them.

You've got to be a paid liar to post here goofy. You've already lost on the issue. The law will never be repealed, so that's got to explain why you're here.

Once again goofy gets everything backwards. It's the insurance companies that through the American people under the bus. The President is going to give them one last chance to stop hurting the people. That's one more chance then I would give them.

You've got to be a paid liar to post here goofy. You've already lost on the issue. The law will never be repealed, so that's got to explain why you're here.

It's amazing to watch you idiots blame the insurance companies for following this law.

Let me know when you wake up from your drug induced stupor.

No one is buying your spin, dumbass.

Amazing the huge blatant lies trolls will tell.

Even the Obama-fawning MSM have pointed out this is a blatant lie. Insurance companies were required by Obamacare to drop people's insurance.

That's integral to the plan.

Wow, talk about psychotic, stupid and dishonest. :blink:

I think this is all part and parcel of the hubris that Jonah Goldberg was talking about.

This idiot throws the insurance companies under the bus, claiming yesterday that because of his new rule, that anyone who has their insurance cancelled now will be due to the insurance company and not Obamacare, then expects the insurance companies to jump through hoops and take a huge financial hit to save his ass.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall of that meeting, and hear what promises the President makes to these guys.

Or perhaps he's going to take the other tack and threaten them with a single payer system if Obamacare collapses, putting them out of business...

I agree 100% Sole Result :)

Now, are you willing to go against every ideal means to an end measurement of reality and still use symbolic values to keep society functioning as it has so far using incomplete theories and theologies?

I am not about destroying substance to save symbolism, but it is adapt or become extinct moment so I will use contracting results against expanding details with the same force applied to force me to deny what real is in plain sight.

I am civil not civicly domesticated to accept less than a whole definition of maybe. I understand real and reality inside out not one side outside in of both explanations no body knows either church and state regulated by economics and academia advertising through arts and entertainment completely enforcing denying the self containment now is eternally present while details never duplicate genetically added and maintained currently here as added. I cannot win, but I have a cannot lose honestly argument.

Absolute power to choose between real and reality is corrupted, understanding real inside out is the only cure. Denying what real is to save the value of symbolic values will never repair humanity as designed by malcontents of homo sapien ancestry pretending to be superior intellects..