Jobs in America

AceMan

Should the Government be allowed to step in, and say that certain technologies, and business operations, are simply taking away too many jobs, making too many people poor, and causing the same people to have to do more and more and more inorder to make a living, causing too much social instability, and therefore despair, and lack of patriotism, lack of pride in our country.

so this is what is going to happen...

Automated machines that replace labor is banned in factories.
Buying things over the internet is illegal, you can window shop online, you can get coupons online, but you cannot buy online.

The postal service is being put out of business by competition.
The Post office is a government job, and the Government is America's number 1 employer, you cannot compete with the government for government services.

You are not allowed to pay bills online, you have to use the post office.

You can use computers and printers in offices, but this will cost the businesses an extra 10 % taxes on their profits.... being kind to the job market and having typing pools and typists will lower your taxes by 5 %

You cannot go over seas and hire foreigners, you must keep your operations in the USA, and hire Americans and abide by our laws here in the USA and pay American taxes.

The companies are not allowed to punish the public either, because they have to hire Americans, and more of them.
Price gouging is a felony.

Every time you raise prices, you must raise the pay by that amount.

Very simply, having 100 % of the public be Lawyers, Scientists, Engineers, and Software developers is unrealistic.
Different people are good at different things and have different interests.

This is what I would like to do, to help America.

And I would tell the companies... "This is a capitalist country, the fact that you operate at all, is capitalism... welcome to capitalism, now abide by our laws or go to jail"

That's what I would do if I was president !

Should the Government be allowed to step in, and say that certain technologies, and business operations, are simply taking away too many jobs, making too many people poor, and causing the same people to have to do more and more and more inorder to make a living, causing too much social instability, and therefore despair, and lack of patriotism, lack of pride in our country.

Buying things over the internet is illegal, you can window shop online, you can get coupons online, but you cannot buy online.

The Post office is a government job, and the Government is America's number 1 employer, you cannot compete with the government for government services.

You can use computers and printers in offices, but this will cost the businesses an extra 10 % taxes on their profits.... being kind to the job market and having typing pools and typists will lower your taxes by 5 %

You cannot go over seas and hire foreigners, you must keep your operations in the USA, and hire Americans and abide by our laws here in the USA and pay American taxes.

The companies are not allowed to punish the public either, because they have to hire Americans, and more of them.

Very simply, having 100 % of the public be Lawyers, Scientists, Engineers, and Software developers is unrealistic.

And I would tell the companies... "This is a capitalist country, the fact that you operate at all, is capitalism... welcome to capitalism, now abide by our laws or go to jail"

Wait a second, isn't Linsay your governess, girlfriend, boss? Damn you are no different than Bill Clinton and Barack Obama having your wife hold the office while you go campaign for policy wonks telling you what to recite.

guess you do qualify for preident since 2 of the last 3 had the same characteristics. Or is that screen name cadman not aceman? A rose by any other name......?

I was once told that a US consulate in India hired six locals to squat and "duck-walk" to cut the lawn with hand clippers. Why not simply get a lawn mower? It would put five men out of a job. The drawback was it also supported a low standard of living and paid a cheap wage.

Technology has jeopardized jobs before the industrial revolution. Yes, it did displace employees and the transition was painful. In the long run, however, the general public and the economy benefited. Such advances did not stop at effecting the job market. Society itself was also effected. For example, mass production factories also saw the formation of labor laws and unions. Electricity did away with the water wheel for power and the populations of cities increased overnight.

Technological innovation--progress, if you will--is here to stay once it's out of the box. Taking a step backward is economic suicide.

I was once told that a US consulate in India hired six locals to squat and "duck-walk" to cut the lawn with hand clippers. Why not simply get a lawn mower? It would put five men out of a job. The drawback was it also supported a low standard of living and paid a cheap wage.

Technology has jeopardized jobs before the industrial revolution. Yes, it did displace employees and the transition was painful. In the long run, however, the general public and the economy benefited. Such advances did not stop at effecting the job market. Society itself was also effected. For example, mass production factories also saw the formation of labor laws and unions. Electricity did away with the water wheel for power and the populations of cities increased overnight.

Technological innovation--progress, if you will--is here to stay once it's out of the box. Taking a step backward is economic suicide.

A lawnmower needs an operator, an automated lawnmower is illegal, I didn't say that power tools were illegal to use... Nobody benefits when they don't have jobs and money.

Did Detroit benefit from robots ? take a walk down the street in Detroit.

now abide, or go to jail.

Technology shouldn't be held back, as a society overall we are better off for it. Now it may be the reality that increased automation will increase unemployment, if so we probably do need more generous unemployment benefits are the reality becomes that people are unable to work not out of choice but as a result of technology. One day we might even be able to automate R&D to some to extent, then we will probably face the most difficult challenge, the disinvention of work.

Technology shouldn't be held back, as a society overall we are better off for it. Now it may be the reality that increased automation will increase unemployment, if so we probably do need more generous unemployment benefits are the reality becomes that people are unable to work not out of choice but as a result of technology. One day we might even be able to automate R&D to some to extent, then we will probably face the most difficult challenge, the disinvention of work.

we don't need more benefits we have the services we need, we need to ban automation, now abide, or go to jail.

Robots are a good help to boost the economic output of a country like New Zealand, because they don't have the number of people there to have a huge economy without automation, and they have a small enough of a population to fit that.

we don't, we need laborers.

"A lawnmower needs an operator, an automated lawnmower is illegal, I didn't say that power tools were illegal to use... Nobody benefits when they don't have jobs and money.

now abide, or go to jail."

Are not robots "power tools?" Technology did not erode Detroit. Eroding consumer demand did. So did the relocation of factories.

"A lawnmower needs an operator, an automated lawnmower is illegal, I didn't say that power tools were illegal to use... Nobody benefits when they don't have jobs and money.

now abide, or go to jail."

Are not robots "power tools?" Technology did not erode Detroit. Eroding consumer demand did. So did the relocation of factories.

a power tool is not a robot, because a power tool needs a user.

A million power tools, being commanded by a computer, having a very small number of people putting data into the computer to tell the million power tools what to do, is a robot.

It kills jobs.

Electric drills, electric saws, nail guns, electric wrenches, electric screw drivers, blast furnaces, lawn mowers, welding equipment, pressure washers, these are power tools that need operators, and therefore human employees.

and the demand for products has not eroded, the demand not being met with productivity, and the inability to buy products because of the lack of jobs and pay, eroded Detroit.

as did relocating the factories and the work.

as I said in my post.

Technology should be held back. This is the best comedy sight I have ever seen. I can hardly wait to go to the Pub and relay this solution. That is what AceMan would do if elected president. Too good. No one with any semblance of a brain will believe this. I will refer to this sight. I have already told some friends about the lunacy here. I needed to prove that people actually say and believe this material. Thanks for the laughs. And thank you too for the laughs my buddies will get from this statement. BEST COMEDY ON THE WEB. Thanks again.

Technology should be held back. This is the best comedy sight I have ever seen. I can hardly wait to go to the Pub and relay this solution. That is what AceMan would do if elected president. Too good. No one with any semblance of a brain will believe this. I will refer to this sight. I have already told some friends about the lunacy here. I needed to prove that people actually say and believe this material. Thanks for the laughs. And thank you too for the laughs my buddies will get from this statement. BEST COMEDY ON THE WEB. Thanks again.

exactly, Technology that does things for us, instead of helping us needs to be banned.

when things do tasks for us without a need for us, they create a population without a paycheck.

The only comedy that there is, is that we have over 300 murders a year in Detroit, and you still want things to do things for people, without a need for people.

A crime problem is an economic problem, is a job problem, this is the solution, get rid of the robots.

Some technology needs to be held back, when it makes Americans poor, we have too big of a population, to have 5 guys be an entire company with robots for employees.

When America holds back, the rest of the world won't. You will go from being the biggest economy to a big economy to a medium economy to irrelevant in decades if you don't use automation. Who will buy American goods if they are inferior quality and more expensive?

Yeah when Americans vote for a non-Globalist Party like the Constitution Party, then we will have a government that actually favors American businesses. Right now with the Globocratic government they are doing eveything intheir power to shut America down economically.

John Perkins "Confessions of an Economic Hitman"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqIHKWd9rSc

Yeah when Americans vote for a non-Globalist Party like the Constitution Party, then we will have a government that actually favors American businesses. Right now with the Globocratic government they are doing eveything intheir power to shut America down economically.

John Perkins "Confessions of an Economic Hitman"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqIHKWd9rSc

Now that doesnt make sense because the powers that be control all the money and don,t you think they want to protect their money what I am saying is its not in their best interests to just collapse the system because at the same time wouldnt they be economically ruining themselves?

When America holds back, the rest of the world won't. You will go from being the biggest economy to a big economy to a medium economy to irrelevant in decades if you don't use automation. Who will buy American goods if they are inferior quality and more expensive?

hand made using powertools produces better quality.

Better quality phones? Computers? Yes true there is nothing that beats the quality of a hand made suit from Saville Row, or presumably similar US equivalent area that I just don't know about, but for the large portion of our economy we are no longer capable of making the equipment, or even the machines that make the equipment by hand.

Simply put your plan is for America to implement economic suicide.