Obama To Speak In One Hour

Now : 10:35 Eastern - - - Next O speech, in one hour. I already know the man lies through his teeth - must I endure even more. The only reason I listen is, although I do not nor ever will believe a single word that comes out of his mouth, I wish to be on top of the current lying.. So, in one hour, more lying. Remember people - if it looks free - it ain't free.

This will be interesting. Democrats are in full panic mode over the implosion of Obamacare, and now Obama's hands are tied.

What can he do? I've seen a few lib talking head floating the idea of additional subsidies for people who are seeing their costs skyrocket, but increasing subsidies is spending, and Obama would have to go to Congress to get approval for that.

Would he be willing to admit the failure of this law, and subject himself to that process? I doubt it.

Is he going to delay the individual mandate and be faced with Republican slapping him with "I told you so"?

Obama's is between a rock & a hard place. And I'm loving every minute of it.

I'll give you five to one that he effortlessly defangs the REpublicans by:

1. Admitting to problems with people losing their insurance policies
  2. Calling for Congress to send him amending legislation to address that very issue.

IOW, he's going to call on Republicans to put up or shut up, and to take part in the procewss for once.

We'll see if they have enough balls to do their jobs.

I'll give you five to one that he effortlessly defangs the REpublicans by:

1. Admitting to problems with people losing their insurance policies
  2. Calling for Congress to send him amending legislation to address that very issue.

IOW, he's going to call on Republicans to put up or shut up, and to take part in the procewss for once.

We'll see if they have enough balls to do their jobs.

...why should they? Not ONE Rep voted for this disastrous bill!

Obamacare has been a staggering waste of time - energy - money. Been a serious burden on everyone involved who was content with their health insurance. Any attempt at repairs will just cost millions & millions more, and no doubt fail again. ( More toilet money ). I'd say "shiitcan' the entire project - try to cut losses, possibly introduce some expansion of Medicare & a method to iron out the problems that now exist with Medicare. Get totally off the backs of private insurance companies. Whatever happens , it's going to be an up hill fight. I really want Barry to admit he's been a cretin. We shall see how far his ego can be stretched. I mean, we all know, his health care plan is a disaster; so let's see how much stupidity he really admits. Or he can just blame Bush.

Obama looks to be doing my sugestion one better.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/11/14/breaking-obama-to-make-statement-on-health-care/

>(CNN) - President Barack Obama will lay out an administrative solution to address the problem of people getting cancellation notices from their health insurance providers due to the Affordable Care Act, a senior Democratic source familiar with the plan tells CNN's Chief Congressional Correspondent Dana Bash.

Obama will deliver remarks at 11:35 a.m. ET in the White House Press Briefing Room, the White House announced Thursday morning.

The plan will in part call for insurance policies to be renewed for one year for those who already have insurance policies in the individual market, the source said.<

Thereby, bypassing Republican squawking and posturing entirely.

That way they won't have to dirty their hands with actually doing their jobs, and can go on being the Do-Nothings that seems to be their MO.

According to the Post he is going to allow people who's plans have been cancelled, due to not meeting the ACA standard, to keep them through 2014....From what I gather it's just pushing back the inevitable for 1 year.....and starting 2015 anything that changes in a plan will be grounds for terminating the plan...So eventually any insured American will be part of the ACA...

...why should they? Not ONE Rep voted for this disastrous bill!

The problem wasn't that they voted against it - it is that they refused to take part in the process of forming it.

That's OK - America is getting used to the GOP being nothing but a bunch of loud-mouthed nihilists. There are even a few who want their Congressman to be such.

With any luck, though, there will be fewer and fewer of them as the years go by.

According to the Post he is going to allow people who's plans have been cancelled, due to not meeting the ACA standard, to keep them through 2014....From what I gather it's just pushing back the inevitable for 1 year.....and starting 2015 anything that changes in a plan will be grounds for terminating the plan...So eventually any insured American will be part of the ACA...

Just a question - why are Republicans complaining so loudly about Americans *losing* bad, exploitive plans? Do Republicans REALLY want their constituents to be stuck holding a substandard policy when things go bad? Or do they just not care at all that the plans being cancelled are the very ones fleecing their clients?

why should they? Not ONE Rep voted for this disastrous bill!

The problem wasn't that they voted against it - it is that they refused to take part in the process of forming it.

Bulls***. Obama and Dems cut them out entirely, and thank God they did. A few Repubs likely would have caved.

That's OK - America is getting used to the GOP being nothing but a bunch of loud-mouthed nihilists. There are even a few who want their Congressman to be such.

We believe in the Constitution, the Founding Principles and Free Markets. Is that what you call "nihilism," moonbat?

With any luck, though, there will be fewer and fewer of them as the years go by.

See you next year, moonbat.

Funny thing about maturity. It generally leads to knowledge and understanding, although in your case I highly doubt it. :glare:

Just a question - why are Republicans complaining so loudly about Americans *losing* bad, exploitive plans? Do Republicans REALLY want their constituents to be stuck holding a substandard policy when things go bad? Or do they just not care at all that the plans being cancelled are the very ones fleecing their clients?

Not a Republican, but I wouldn't assume what they think even if I were one.....I can tell you that for me, it's not affordable...Not even close to affordable..$400+ a month and near $10k deductible... .I'm pretty sure I would qualify for subsidies, but I've always tried my best to take care of my family, and myself without handouts....Not that I have always succeeded...I got food stamps for a few months after my daughter was born, and I also got help with my heating over a couple winters, but I tried hard, and succeeded, to get off that stuff rather than just accept it as part of my life!!!

Not a Republican, but I wouldn't assume what they think even if I were one.....I can tell you that for me, it's not affordable...Not even close to affordable..$400+ a month and near $10k deductible... .I'm pretty sure I would qualify for subsidies, but I've always tried my best to take care of my family, and myself without handouts....Not that I have always succeeded...I got food stamps for a few months after my daughter was born, and I also got help with my heating over a couple winters, but I tried hard, and succeeded, to get off that stuff rather than just accept it as part of my life!!!

You know, if there is a subsidy available and you refuse to take it, you lose any credibility in complaining about how mush it costs. You can't have it both ways.

I jut got done putting my last kid through college. Fortunately, he (and all my kids) qualified for various levels of scholarships. By your logic, I should have turned them all down and paid full list price.

Sorry, but I'm not that stupid.

We're gonna do everything we can to fix the problems - well, start by finding those kids who whipped up a functioning web site in 3 days. That alone would have been a 600 million dollar savings.

Barry just said - people are frustrated - so he is a Rhodes Scholar after all.

You know, if there is a subsidy available and you refuse to take it, you lose any credibility in complaining about how mush it costs. You can't have it both ways.

I jut got done putting my last kid through college. Fortunately, he (and all my kids) qualified for various levels of scholarships. By your logic, I should have turned them all down and paid full list price.

Scholarships don't require your neighbors pay for you.

I try to avoid handouts....How is that me wanting it both ways? Health Care has nothing to do with your kids going to college!! If you want to take everything you possibly can from the government, that's your choice...it's just not mine....

The beauty of this proposal is fourfold:

1. The Republican squawking about 'people losing the policies they liked', 'Obama lied' is defanged.
  2. The insurance companies issuing crappy policies, knowing they would be cancelled because they were crappy policies not meeting the standard, and who then cancelled them, will now have to reinstate them.
  3. At the same time, the insurance companies will have to inform their customers of other policies the companies offer, i.e., they will have to show their customers what a crappy product they sold them.
  4. And the final irony is that the GOP has no choice but to go along, or put another way, they will have to admit that they were loud and belligerent in defending the 'rights' of their constituents to be screwed by the very insurance companies stuffing money into the campaign accounts of the Republicans working to help the insurance companies continue to screw their customers.

Or, of course, the INSURANCE COMPANIES can refuse to reinstate the crappy policies - in which case it will be obvious that THEY are the ones cancelling the policies, not the ACA.

The entire corrupt system is now exposed - and it's exposed exactly because the Republicans made such loud fools of themselves.

I try to avoid handouts....How is that me wanting it both ways? Health Care has nothing to do with your kids going to college!! If you want to take everything you possibly can from the government, that's your choice...it's just not mine....

Just a question - when you replaced the windows on your house, did you take the Home Energy Credit on your income taxes?

1. The Republican squawking about 'people losing the policies they liked', 'Obama lied' is defanged.
  2. The insurance companies issuing crappy policies, knowing they would be cancelled because they were crappy policies not meeting the standard, and who then cancelled them, will now have to reinstate them.
  3. At the same time, the insurance companies will have to inform their customers of other policies the companies offer, i.e., they will have to show their customers what a crappy product they sold them.
  4. And the final irony is that the GOP has no choice but to go along, or put another way, they will have to admit that they were loud and belligerent in defending the 'rights' of their constituents to be screwed by the very insurance companies stuffing money into the campaign accounts of the Republicans working to help the insurance companies continue to screw their customers.

Or, of course, the INSURANCE COMPANIES can refuse to reinstate the crappy policies - in which case it will be obvious that THEY are the ones cancelling the policies, not the ACA.

The entire corrupt system is now exposed - and it's exposed exactly because the Republicans made such loud fools of themselves.

Sorry man, but Obama is saying that any "substandard" policy still has to be replaced, which means nothing changes.

Would you like to try again?

Just a question - when you replaced the windows on your house, did you take the Home Energy Credit on your income taxes?

nope......I saved enough by doing the work myself!!!

Now : 10:35 Eastern - - - Next O speech, in one hour. I already know the man lies through his teeth - must I endure even more. The only reason I listen is, although I do not nor ever will believe a single word that comes out of his mouth, I wish to be on top of the current lying.. So, in one hour, more lying. Remember people - if it looks free - it ain't free.

OMG OMG OMG OMG I can't wait OMG OMG OMG! I hope he cuts of his "g's" and sounds all folksy n stuff. No wait, I hope he looks down his nose at us and tells us the plans we like are junk plans because he knows better. LOL!

OMG OMG OMG OMG I can't wait OMG OMG OMG! I hope he cuts of his "g's" and sounds all folksy n stuff. No wait, I hope he looks down his nose at us and tells us the plans we like are junk plans because he knows better. LOL!

Since you missed it, here's what his proposal actually means - it's not that there are better plans because Obama knows better, it's that there are better plans and the insurance companies now have to explain to their clients why the plans they sold them are crappy.

nope......I saved enough by doing the work myself!!!

PT Barnum said there was one like you born every minute. And the old proverb accurately points out that you ad your money are soon parted.

OK, on to the vigorous sanctions Barry laid down against Iran after he took the wheel as POTUS. It appears the lame health care excuses aren't enough. He's got to move on to his getting tough with Iran. Anyone feel safer since he put his foot down with Iran? Actually, he jumped on the Iran question.

I did use the GI Bill for school - figured I was entitled.