Attention Conservatives and Libertarians -----

I'm not thrilled with the Affordable Care Act either (I'd sooner see full blown 100% Nationalized Health Care.)

But ----- the reality is ----

• The law/program has been passed into law;
  • The program is being implemented;
  • Other 1st World countries have had similar programs for years, and they work by & large (albeit, some better than others)
  • Obama has 3 more years in office;
  • Republicans are highly unlikely to obtain a majority to pass a repeal or major changes in the next three years;
  • By the time Obama leaves office, like it or not, there will be 20, 40, 50 million & maybe more people getting their insurance through a government exchange and many of them will have their premiums subsidieze; affordable private sector plans will be scarce as hens teeth and many employers will no longer offer employer sponsored group plans.
  • If Republicans think if they can repeal ObamaCare 3 years from now after that many people are on it & receiving subsidies ... they've got another think coming. You're not politically going to be able to take away that much "free cheese."

Conservatives and Libertarians time would be better spent helping pass amendments to improve problems with the program. They're only going to hurt themselves in the long run with the electorate by continuing this "repeal" campaign.

It's not going away. This is the reality. It's here, you may think it's queer, but get used to it.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only a matter of time before it collapses under its own weight. But I do enjoy the comedy of the process.

Glad you're here, you're a great provider of said comedy.

It won't collapse under it's own weight .... it's just going to cost some people more. Get used to it. At least almost everyone will have insurance.

Many insurance companies will no longer offer plans outside of the exchanges or employer-sponsored groups. There will be no one else to turn.

you should have included democrats in your title, also. a great number of them are wanting the law repealed, too.

Perhaps I should have included Blue Dogs ... but I can't change the thread title now. Good observation though, Mister Therin.

It won't collapse under it's own weight .... it's just going to cost some people more. Get used to it. At least almost everyone will have insurance.

Many insurance companies will no longer offer plans outside of the exchanges or employer-sponsored groups. There will be no one else to turn.

Not getting used to it, already opted my company out of it by cutting to 49 employees. Any road block the gov't puts up always has an end around option.

It is going to fail, not because of conservatives but due to being a POS bill that folks simply are not going to sign up for.

Dem dopes who voted for the law now want it modified. GOP should do nothing except pound dems for the law in the coming elections. GOP should say "We tried to repeal it 40 times" "It's not going away. This is the reality. It's here, you may think it's queer, but get used to it." "We will take care of it after the election" The Louisiana Purchase is not working out so well for the stiff senator from Louisiana. Dem. senators running scared. GOP should not help out. GOP should emphasize the fact they did not vote for it and hang it on the inept dems WHO WERE TOLD ALL OF THIS WOULD HAPPEN. hahahahaha.

Not getting used to it, already opted my company out of it by cutting to 49 employees. Any road block the gov't puts up always has an end around option.

It is going to fail, not because of conservatives but due to being a POS bill that folks simply are not going to sign up for.

Eventually you'll drop their insurance & they'll get it through an exchange ---- many of them probably with a subsidy. You'll have to in order to compete.

Perhaps I should have included Blue Dogs ... but I can't change the thread title now. Good observation though, Mister Therin.

CBO says there will still be at least 30 Million plus NOT insured.

CBO now states Odummycare cost is now up to 1.72 Trillion versus the $694 Billion it was "sold" on. Just another Trillion dollar lie you may find acceptable, but the majority does not. Ironically too, I remember R's saying early on the CBO was getting bogus info from the Obamadrones - clearly they were right again.

Current scorecard:

26,794 have signed up for the scam

almost 4,000,000,000 have been told they will be losing their coverage, which of course was just another Oblamer lie.

Dems are already clammoring to delay it, and or, for him to honor his word that people can keep their insurance - even Slick Willy - and Dems up for re-election are trying to run as fast as they can away from this disaster.

It's not sustainable. The only question is how much will be thrown down the tubes trying to keep his "signature" bill from being thrown in the trash bin of history.

The fat lady (is that you?) is already clearing her throat.

Millions won't sign up....they will opt out.....

This is just the first year. Take a look at the increasing penalties in the out-years ....

ACA won't survive until the November elections.

And what probable scenario can you present as to it's demise? Do you think the President & Senate are just going to give up & say "okay, we'll repeal it"????

Oblamer and the dem senate want a fix. They will not repeal it YET. GOP should steer clear of a fix unless CRUZ and LEE write the fix. This is a dem fiasco. Let them wallow in it. THEY WERE TOLD ALL OF THIS WOULD HAPPEN. Dems passed it anyway. Obama and the dems own it.

If the idiot left weren't worried, they wouldn't be starting threads like this. You azzwipes own it.

If you think the website is the problem, just wait until half the doctors get fed up and quit. You ain't seen nothing yet.

And what probable scenario can you present as to it's demise? Do you think the President & Senate are just going to give up & say "okay, we'll repeal it"????

If they want to see the White House again in the next three decades yes, that's exactly what they'll do.

smart-mf_zpsfaf5c653.jpg

Oblamer and the dem senate want a fix. They will not repeal it YET. GOP should steer clear of a fix unless CRUZ and LEE write the fix. This is a dem fiasco. Let them wallow in it. THEY WERE TOLD ALL OF THIS WOULD HAPPEN. Dems passed it anyway. Obama and the dems own it.

Well of course there will be a "fix". There will be a number of them over the next few years. I never said the program isn't flawed. I just said it's not going away.

Obamacare will not go away. It is the nail in America's coffin.

America grew into a mighty and prosperous nation while the Whiggish foresight of the 18th century remained in the 18th century. The American Whigs of the 1760s and 70s, though they would embrace the natural law and individual sovereignty, could not ignore the events that invariably occur in the last stages of a free nation's life, that, as James Iredell said, "luxury and its never failing attendant corruption, will render easy the attempts of an arbitrary prince, who means to subvert the liberty of his country."

Corruption among a prosperous and free people is inevitable, as people are born to be deluded. For two centuries, this growing deference of the antifederalists, the Republicans, the conservatives, gave rise to the ruling few. Not that an unsuspecting populace is entirely to blame, as its habits are to work, raise children, and engage in its communities, unencumbered by an innocuous central government seated in a distant city.

And now tyranny weighs so heavily on the American people that work and school are no longer the topics of conversation at the dinner table. The central government is.

As much as it saddens me to say, I don't see this arbitrary atrocity ever going away.

I'm not thrilled with the Affordable Care Act either (I'd sooner see full blown 100% Nationalized Health Care.)

But ----- the reality is ----

• The law/program has been passed into law;
  • The program is being implemented;
  • Other 1st World countries have had similar programs for years, and they work by & large (albeit, some better than others)
  • Obama has 3 more years in office;
  • Republicans are highly unlikely to obtain a majority to pass a repeal or major changes in the next three years;
  • By the time Obama leaves office, like it or not, there will be 20, 40, 50 million & maybe more people getting their insurance through a government exchange and many of them will have their premiums subsidieze; affordable private sector plans will be scarce as hens teeth and many employers will no longer offer employer sponsored group plans.
  • If Republicans think if they can repeal ObamaCare 3 years from now after that many people are on it & receiving subsidies ... they've got another think coming. You're not politically going to be able to take away that much "free cheese."

Conservatives and Libertarians time would be better spent helping pass amendments to improve problems with the program. They're only going to hurt themselves in the long run with the electorate by continuing this "repeal" campaign.

It's not going away. This is the reality. It's here, you may think it's queer, but get used to it.

Yes we know, and it's hurting Senate Democrats' chances of re-election every day. We no longer want it to be repealed. We want to sit back and watch as it makes things worse and worse and worse.

This is just the first year. Take a look at the increasing penalties in the out-years ....

What stupid people came up with the title of "Affordable Care Act"? I investigated what I will have to do when I lose my health car I currently have. I will have to pay $400 a month more. Affordable???? That is the Platinum plan to keep me in line with mu=y insurance I have now. Then there is the cheaper Bronze plan. Only a $12,500 deductible. That is equivalent to having no insurance. This is an affordable plan??????

And you wonder why people are getting very angry!!!!! You are either a fool or a liar.

“Before Hitler, we had very good medical care. Many American doctors trained at the University of Vienna..
“After Hitler, health care was socialized, free for everyone. Doctors were salaried by the government. The problem was, since it was free, the people were going to the doctors for everything.

“When the good doctor arrived at his office at 8 a.m., 40 people were already waiting and, at the same time, the hospitals were full.

“If you needed elective surgery, you had to wait a year or two for your turn. There was no money for research as it was poured into socialized medicine. Research at the med- ical schools literally stopped, so the best doctors left Austria and emigrated to other countries.

“As for healthcare, our tax rates went up to 80 percent of our income

“Before Hitler, we had very good medical care. Many American doctors trained at the University of Vienna..

“After Hitler, health care was socialized, free for everyone. Doctors were salaried by the government. The problem was, since it was free, the people were going to the doctors for everything.

Yeah I heard they were going to doctors to get plumbing repaired, pest extermination, and houses re-roofed and s--t like that.

“When the good doctor arrived at his office at 8 a.m., 40 people were already waiting and, at the same time, the hospitals were full.

That's because of all those bullets and bomb fragments that the allies were inserting into their bodies.

“If you needed elective surgery, you had to wait a year or two for your turn. There was no money for research as it was poured into socialized medicine. Research at the med- ical schools literally stopped, so the best doctors left Austria and emigrated to other countries.

The wait wasn't that bad, they had plenty of magazines in the waiting rooms, and those doctors that left, were dodging the German draft, I think they went to Canada if I'm not mistaken.

“As for healthcare, our tax rates went up to 80 percent of our income

Not a bad price for all that good s--t.

Millions won't sign up....they will opt out.....

Well I'm sure you cons won't mind footing the bill for those morons that don't sign up. Old Crimp the drunken wimp has already told us that he will send the medical bills to the tax payers. You guy are not happy just helping pay the people that can't pay it, hell you want to pay for all the slackers and freeloader nut cases like Crim also, so that's the rep health care plan, I gotcha.