Health Care Ins

RSIG

I have been researching options for our employees over the past six months. I just met with my broker and got some real cost vs the Cal exchange.

The average that we pay for both Dental and HC Ins is $1050 per employee per month. I have one 24 year old that is single that I omitted.

For us to keep our current plans that monthly cost will increase 18.7% and cost $1247 per month.

Now lets talk about the same coverage that the Covered California plans.

Anthem Blue Cross - Anthem - Platinum

Monthly premium

$2254

Premium Assistance

-$0.0

Your monthly premium

$2254

Your annual premium

$27051

Out-of-pocket estimate

$8000

Product type

HMO

Children's dental included

No

This is the closest plan I could find to what we currently offer. It has $2000 higher deductible and limits the Dr's they can see. They also will now have copays for everything.

I told my employees last week that we were dropping our coverage and going to give them a stipend for what we currently pay out.

A few of my Sr engineers suggested we have a focus group to discuss our options.

This entire ACA needs to be overhauled !!!!!

Sad thing is they will never admit it's fucked up. How can anyone tell my employees and myself that this is good for us?

THe problem is that many of the people that are telling you that it is good for you and your employees are not part of the private insurance market.

THe problem is that many of the people that are telling you that it is good for you and your employees are not part of the private insurance market.

I am still waiting for a person that supports this bill to tell me how this is good for us.

Oh, I am sure they will be here soon.

I would have to say that they will not. If they do it will be to call me a fraud and a liar.

Sure would be nice if they opened up and admitted that this is AFU and needs to be overhauled.

It is now in total shambles, but yet, there are some so BO blinded they are still trying to spin the bad news away.

This is what we have been preaching these past 3 years. We were called liars and thugs. This bill is totally F up!!!!

This is what we have been preaching these past 3 years. We were called liars and thugs. This bill is totally F up!!!!

It's kinda funny in the sense that they were warned but it's also kinda sad that they were warned. I'm really kinda surprised the usual suspects haven't checked in yet to call you a liar and a thug.

In a completely unrelated story, Obama's nominee for head of the fed is - as always - receiving ass-licking from both sides of the aisle. Everyone usually lines up to suck the dick of the latest jew to govern our money. But THIS jew has a vagina, so they are lining up to suck that.

Repukes and demorats, sucking jewish pubic parts, together, best of friends. All hail the jewish money dictators.

In a completely unrelated story, Obama's nominee for head of the fed is - as always - receiving ass-licking from both sides of the aisle. Everyone usually lines up to suck the dick of the latest jew to govern our money. But THIS jew has a vagina, so they are lining up to suck that.

Repukes and demorats, sucking jewish pubic parts, together, best of friends. All hail the jewish money dictators.

One does not suck a vagina, one delicately licks a vagina. Treating a vagina like a dick, doing unto others as you would like them to do unto you, is a rookie mistake. :D

One does not suck a vagina, one delicately licks a vagina.

One gets on one's knees and does whatever the jewess says to do, if one is a repuke or demorat. If she says suck, one sucks like one's political career depends on it.

Hey, let's trade tales of politicians standing against nominees to the fed.

YOU START. Please document.

One gets on one's knees and does whatever the jewess says to do, if one is a repuke or demorat. If she says suck, one sucks like one's political career depends on it.

Hey, let's trade tales of politicians standing against nominees to the fed.

YOU START. Please document.

I got nothing. You?

Cannon im shocked you deflected the topic for another topiic because you had no answer for this horrible bill. I guess you couldnt be honest with the forum or yourself....... Bad day Cannon?

I never backed romneycare. I was for a public option, no mandate - not federalized romneycare.

Its obvious the insurance you were offering your employees was shabby. I bet it did not even cover your single male engineers pap smears or abortions! Or your tea tottlers drug and alcohol treatments. You are a shitty employer. ;)

I provide top tier ins for all of my employees as well as pay 80% for the families. I also have HSA accounts that covers their entire deductible. ($5000) and ($2500). Why not stick to the facts instead of wasting forum space?

I don't know what kind of business you are in .... but here is yet another example of why we need National Health Care.

You, as a business owner should not have to be in the position of negotiating health care for your employees and trying to cipher the fine print of health insurance policies and costs. It's not a "core competency" of most businesses.

If you compete globally, as most businesses do nowadays, you can be sure many of your international competitors are not burdened with this.

If you compete globally, as most businesses do nowadays, you can be sure many of your international competitors are not burdened with this.

Their citizens are. The average Canadian family pays an additional 11,600 per annum in tax for single payer. Remember this is single payer with absurd wait times and not very good care.

I personally think everyone ought to have healthcare insurance.

I also think everyone ought to have the choice of buying, or not buying, healthcare insurance.

The apparent dilemma can be resolved very simply - anyone who opts out of healthcare insurance gets a tattoo, or a chip implant, or goes in some master register, that says they agree to refuse any but stabilizing emergency care.