Business forcing their employees

lefty

To work on thanksgiving . All day ,some from 5pm to closing .

It's not a family thing anymore .

I spent over 20 years in the Restaurant / Bar business and worked most Thanks Givings... This is nothing new Lefty... Alot of people travel on Thanks Giving, gas stations are open, lots want to enjoy a good meal but don't want to prepare it themselves, Hotels do a good business etc... Thanks Giving was our busiest day of the year when I worked for Steak & Ale.

Here is what you do, lefty. Organize one of those super successful deals like you did against Chick-Fil-A and just have no one show up at the places open on TG day.

Problem solved for ya.

It's staggering how little the Left understands Private Business.

There's really no such thing as "private" business. It's a false concept made up by selfish people.

As much as the Left would like to change the fact..... My own dollars and risk taking made it my Private Businsess, along with my Partners... The Government did nothing but collect taxes from us..

I'm actually off which means I work on Christmas. HOW DARE HOSPITALS FORCE NURSES TO WORK ON HOLIDAYS!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

We don't get overtime either. We get another full day off when we work one and paid for the holiday when we don't.

Most are paying time and a half. There are many jobs that must be worked 24-7-365. Nurses, ER docs, Firemen, Cops etc.

I know I volunteer for the holidays. More money in the paycheck, and the folks were I work provide a meal for whoever works Thanksgiving and Christmas.