Some Gun Owners Stalk Anti-Gun group.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/11/10/2921121/dallas-gun-advocates-protest-restaurant-gun-control-advocates/

On Saturday, nearly 40 armed men, women, and children waited outside a Dallas, Texas area restaurant to protest a membership meeting for the state chapter of Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, a gun safety advocacy group formed in the aftermath of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting.

According to a spokeswoman for Moms Demand Action (MDA), the moms were inside the Blue Mesa Grill when members of Open Carry Texas (OCT) — an open carry advocacy group — “pull[ed] up in the parking lot and start[ed] getting guns out of their trunks.” The group then waited in the parking lot for the four MDA members to come out. The spokeswoman said that the restaurant manager did not want to call 911, for fear of “inciting a riot” and waited for the gun advocates to leave. The group moved to a nearby Hooters after approximately two hours.

MDA later released a statement calling OCT “gun bullies” who “disagree[d] with our goal of changing America’s gun laws and policies to protect our children and families.” The statement added that the members and restaurant customers were “terrified by what appeared to be an armed ambush.” A member of OCT responded by tweeting, “I guess I’m a #gunbullies #Comeandtakeit.”

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's clearly not a debunking. I saw the same story and they showed both pictures. An armed group protesting a private meeting is pretty gross even if they ARE smiling!

Umm this has been proven false in another thread

Not false.

That's like a bunch of drunk guys driving to protest a MADD meeting. It's wrong.

I know I'll catch flack from some of you (like the pun?) but I don't think a peaceful protest should include being armed. Openly carrying AR-15's to a protest is almost inherently violent in nature.

Yep, 40 douchebags with assault rifles confronting 4 unarmed women. Real manly men.

Yep, Thinkprogress. One of the most accurate sites on the internet. So accurate in fact the story has been picked up and posted by several MSM outlets. Now if you can dispute anything in the article, including actual pictures of the douchebag cowards standing in the parking lot, we're all ears.

LOL thinkprogress LOL! This place is for small-minded extremist sheep. Really, the most pathetic radicals you can think of in our country converge here to lay a big crap on the internet. LMAO! I include the libertarian racists here. Some are fairly normal but 99% are kooks. It's my source of entertainment.

That's clearly not a debunking. I saw the same story and they showed both pictures. An armed group protesting a private meeting is pretty gross even if they ARE smiling!

Not false.That's like a bunch of drunk guys driving to protest a MADD meeting. It's wrong.

I know I'll catch flack from some of you (like the pun?) but I don't think a peaceful protest should include being armed. Openly carrying AR-15's to a protest is almost inherently violent in nature.

Lots of people show up at peaceful protests with guns in order to maintain the peace. There is nothing at all inherently violent about carrying an AR. Lots of people do this everyday and it has a significant tendency to discourage violence against innocent people. This is one of the primary reasons that law enforcement is armed with a range of weapons including handguns, shotguns, and even ARs.

Texas is an open carry state with respect to long arms. There is, however, a provision in the disturbing the peace law with language about carrying guns in a manner that is calculated to cause fear. Groups such as Open Carry Texas are very well informed on the laws of Texas. These groups often have educational outreach activities where they carry in public and then have chats with law enforcement about what is legal and what is not. As an example, it is not legal to open carry most handguns in Texas, but it is perfect legal to open carry older black powder cap and ball pistols which is a fact that some portion of the law enforcement community is unaware.

Personally, when publicly advocating for the preservation of our gun rights, I think it perfectly appropriate, rational, and reasonable to bear arms as this form of free speech emphasizes exactly the unalienable human rights these groups are defending. It's not like they where protesting against Mothers Against Drunk Driving in which case it would have been more appropriate to have bottles of whiskey and kegs of bear instead of guns.

Did some people actually experience some measure of apprehension? Perhaps so, but this is more a reflection on their own bigotries than on the peaceful behavior of Open Carry Texas. It is not dissimilar to when white racists experience fear as they approached on the street by a groups of blacks. It is not the blacks, acting within the law, that have a problem, it is the bigotry of white racists that gives rise to their own apprehensions. The best solution to this type of ignorant, anti-gun bigotry is education, direct experience, and a public demand for tolerance of others exercising their unalienable rights. Anyone who looks at a gun and experience fear is in need of an intervention and a lot of personal growth as a human being.

Guns without borders!!!

Not false.

That's like a bunch of drunk guys driving to protest a MADD meeting. It's wrong.

Puzsy

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/11/10/2921121/dallas-gun-advocates-protest-restaurant-gun-control-advocates/

On Saturday, nearly 40 armed men, women, and children waited outside a Dallas, Texas area restaurant to protest a membership meeting for the state chapter of Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, a gun safety advocacy group formed in the aftermath of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting.

According to a spokeswoman for Moms Demand Action (MDA), the moms were inside the Blue Mesa Grill when members of Open Carry Texas (OCT) — an open carry advocacy group — “pull[ed] up in the parking lot and start[ed] getting guns out of their trunks.” The group then waited in the parking lot for the four MDA members to come out. The spokeswoman said that the restaurant manager did not want to call 911, for fear of “inciting a riot” and waited for the gun advocates to leave. The group moved to a nearby Hooters after approximately two hours.

MDA later released a statement calling OCT “gun bullies” who “disagree[d] with our goal of changing America’s gun laws and policies to protect our children and families.” The statement added that the members and restaurant customers were “terrified by what appeared to be an armed ambush.” A member of OCT responded by tweeting, “I guess I’m a #gunbullies #Comeandtakeit.”

Another fool sucked in by the lies of the far left MSM. The front vies shows them Holding an American flag and smiling for the camera. LOL

This is really creepy:

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2013/03/28/1791361/men-with-loaded-rifles-intimidate-moms-gathered-at-gun-safety-rally/

This is not the first time that gun advocates have rallied at MDA events. In March, a group of armed men crashed a MDA gun-control rally in Indianapolis. Other gun advocate groups will hold rallies this upcoming December 14th, the anniversary date of the Sandy Hook shooting.

Several men with assault rifles and hand guns crashed a Mayor’s Against Illegal Guns National Day to Demand Action event in Indianapolis, Indiana on Thursday and stood silently as the state chapter of Moms Demand Action held a rally in favor of limiting the availability of military style weapons and universal background checks.

At least two or three men showed up at the rally site before the event began and engaged in a discussion about gun regulations with the group, two participants in the action told ThinkProgress. The armed men — who were later joined by another man carrying a hand gun and a woman who runs Indiana Moms Against Gun Control — insisted that they had a right to carry the loaded weapons:

Screen-shot-2013-03-28-at-4.29.45-PM2-e1

Screen-shot-2013-03-28-at-4.30.30-PM2-e1

Not false.

Just because you're afraid of inanimate objects doesn't make their protest violent. In fact you obviously completely missed the much broader point: 40 people showed up with guns and not a single person was threatened or hurt. The only thing that happened was that some bigots started spreading lies about what happened trying to make gun owners out to be bad guys even though nothing resembling the story happened.

Yep, 40 douchebags with assault rifles confronting 4 unarmed women. Real manly men.

Yep, Thinkprogress. One of the most accurate sites on the internet. So accurate in fact the story has been picked up and posted by several MSM outlets. Now if you can dispute anything in the article, including actual pictures of the douchebag cowards standing in the parking lot, we're all ears.

Oh, and I guess the MSM is infallible? Like when MSNBC accused a protester at an Obama rally of being racist without showing his face? HIS BLACK FACE? Or when NBC deliberately edited the Zimmerman 911 call in order to make him appear racist? Is that the kind of objective journalists that are picking up this story? Give me a break.

In my opinion, show up at a protest with your gun is stupid. You can protest against gun laws with out bringing your gun with you. You just look like a knuckle-dragging idiot.

And you look like an irrational, chicken-shit wimp. People carry guns just about everywhere, ever day. The only ones that got hurt are a bunch of butt-hurt, pansy ass wusses who can't see past their own hoplophobia.

Agreed.

Agree with ignorance. Great plan.

And you look like an irrational, chicken-shit wimp. People carry guns just about everywhere, ever day. The only ones that got hurt are a bunch of butt-hurt, pansy ass wusses who can't see past their own hoplophobia.

I'm not arguing against their right to carry guns. I'm calling them CREEPY! I'm calling them STALKERS!

You didn't think your post through did you? You didn't even ask one question. You just reacted. LMAO! You're a Libertarian after all. Thought isn't required for you.

Why is it irration to say that carrying a gun to a protest makes you look like a fringe kook? I plink, hunt and vote for the strongest conservative possible, yet you wont find me at a anti-gun protest with my weapon(s) because I am rational. LOL! No one is saying anyone did or will get hurt. I am saying it does not help our cause to keep liberals from more and more control over our God given right to own firearms. You can get more people to agree with you with honey than you can with a gun. LOL! Pretty simple logic. We have the better argument on our side, they don't.