Jobs Report

Not good news, baggers!!! Even with your little shutdown, we still created 204,000 jobs in October. As an added bonus, we added 120,000 more in August and September than originally thought. But Rushy said that Obama only revises the numbers down. What's going on here? lol

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101182786

lol. f**king morons don't even fully read their own links...........

The October report, however, did contain plenty of negatives. The unemployment rate climbed to 7.3 percent and households reported a huge decline in employment. The measure that shows the underemployed and those who stopped looking also rose, to 13.8 percent from 13.6 percent.

"Certainly this report is clouded. Good news on the payroll front though half the gains are in leisure, hospitality and retail, which means they were hiring for the season," said Mesirow Financial's chief economist, Diane Swonk. "The fall in employed workers was larger than expected. ... We've got these two conflicting reports."

Aaaaahhhh, I read the whole thing. You haven't contradicted a thing I posted, but nice try. 204K is pretty damn impressive for a month with a teabagger shutdown in full swing and intential sabotage and scare tactics on the right.

lol. yeah. you're doing what you call......"putting lipstick on a pig". you're a f**king duped out moron and you know it. i remember when

the bush admin tried this crap the last year of his term. bragged employment was getting better because of part time temp "seasonal" jobs.

and i remember liberals here pointing that out and mocking it. the fact is....unemployment rose during that same month. dress it up anyway

you want....the economy got worse. so sorry, b*tch.

Not good news, baggers!!! Even with your little shutdown, we still created 204,000 jobs in October. As an added bonus, we added 120,000 more in August and September than originally thought. But Rushy said that Obama only revises the numbers down. What's going on here? lol

It takes 150,000 jobs/month just to keep up with population growth, so at this rate, the whole country will be bankrupt from Obama's deficit spending before unemployment is at historical levels.

Real unemployment is roughly 12% now at a cost of $6 trillion and still rising.

Bleat all you want about that disastrous record. Is that what you consider success?

lol. f**king morons don't even fully read their own links...........

I think he missed this from The American:

On Friday, the Labor Department reported that 720,000 Americans left the labor force. This exodus pushed the labor force participation rate down to 62.8%, the lowest level since 1978. One out of three adults is neither working nor actively looking for work.

Some observers attribute the sharp drop to the shutdown and the furloughed federal workers. Even if that were the case, and it is unclear why these workers would be counted as not in the labor force, the number of Americans exiting is still significant. The total number of adults not in the labor force in October rose 932,000 to almost 92 million. (see note below)

Overall, the jobs report showed employers adding 204,000 jobs in October. Almost half of these job gains were in the retail and hospitality sectors. The adult population, however, grew by 213,000, meaning that the better than expected jobs number fell short of keeping pace with population growth. The economy needs to add many more jobs to bring discouraged workers back into the labor force.

In spite of the gain in jobs, the overall number of Americans with a job fell by 735,000, to less than 144 million. Just 58.3% of adults were employed in October.

The headline number on the October jobs report was good. Gaining jobs is obviously better than shedding them. The continued sluggish pace of the economy, however, is causing ever more Americans to give up looking for work.

UPDATE: The Bureau of Labor Statistics, responsible for compiling the jobs report, has told CNBC that the government shutdown "categorically" is not a factor in the labor market exodus. It never really made any sense that furloughed workers would be counted as leaving the labor force, but we now have confirmation they weren't. The 720,000 workers leaving the labor force is one of the largest exoduses in history.

http://www.breitbart...orce-in-October

yea, because retail never hires in October. :rolleyes:

Why are liberals so economically illiterate?

I also think it's quite fascinating that liberals now think that 204,000 jobs is something to brag about.

Idiots.

Aaaaahhhh, I read the whole thing. You haven't contradicted a thing I posted, but nice try. 204K is pretty damn impressive for a month with a teabagger shutdown in full swing and intential sabotage and scare tactics on the right.

How many of those jobs are part time and seasonal?

How many of those jobs are part time and seasonal?

That was my next question. He obviously missed your thread that I reposted here.

We should ask him to come back in feb to see how well it is going. How many of those 200,000 are still employed.

On Friday, the Labor Department reported that 720,000 Americans left the labor force. This exodus pushed the labor force participation rate down to 62.8%, the lowest level since 1978. One out of three adults is neither working nor actively looking for work.

This is the definition of the Obie economy in a nutshell. Who was president in 1978? Ahhhhh yes, the peanut farmer.

The parallels between the community organizer and the peanut farmer are hard to miss. Sadly, the peanut farmer is jumping for joy these days because he knows he's been replaced as the most inept president in history by Oblamer.

If teabagger shutdowns are so impressive, why would you want to return to liberal policy?

Damn.. had his link shoved deep in his ass.. lol

I still haven't read one thing contradicting anything I posted, but nice try, teabaggers! Can you imagine the job growth if the nutjobs weren't intentionally hurting the economy to make the prez look bad?

I still haven't read one thing contradicting anything I posted, but nice try, teabaggers! Can you imagine the job growth if the nutjobs weren't intentionally hurting the economy to make the prez look bad?

lol. f**king dumb ass. denial....denial...denial. that's all you dumb f**ks are good for now. but really.....that's been your game all along.

your own link makes you look like a fool. your own link testifies that the jobs report is "clouded" and "conflicted". your own f**king

link contradicts the delusional point you're trying so desperately to hold onto. your own link.

Can you imagine the jobs growth we'd have if barry hussein sotero was not in office trying to destroy America?

I am not trying to contradict the article you posted. I am, and others as well, are showing that it is not time to party. I bet if you go back and see how many jobs are created every October, from UPS to Fedex to retail and logistics for retail you will see the same trend. Then come Feb and the number of layoffs jumps. Additionally, well over 700,000 people LEFT THE WORKFORCE in Oct, one of the worst months in history. Only 1 in 3 adults is working or actively looking. The workforce participation rate is at lowest point in decades.

So celebrate the seasonal jobs. And turn your blind eye to the rest.

The problem is unemployment increased with the 204,000 jobs. Explain this please.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101182289

ROTFLMAO You are a fool. We need way more than that. Since Obama was elected the % of people having jibs has steadily increased along with people getting put into part time jobs because of Obama Care and Dodd Frank.

We lost close to a million jobs in October !!!!!

923,000 to be close.

http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=252473.0;topicseen

It takes 150,000 jobs/month just to keep up with population growth, so at this rate, the whole country will be bankrupt from Obama's deficit spending before unemployment is at historical levels.

Real unemployment is roughly 12% now at a cost of $6 trillion and still rising.

Bleat all you want about that disastrous record. Is that what you consider success?

Still at 45% and rising.

Abbott and Costello: Unemployment Explained

COSTELLO: I want to talk about the unemployment rate in America .

ABBOTT: Good Subject. Terrible Times. It's 9%.

COSTELLO: That many people are out of work?

ABBOTT: No, that's 16%.

COSTELLO: You just said 9%.

ABBOTT: 9% Unemployed.

COSTELLO: Right 9% out of work.

ABBOTT: No, that's 16%.

COSTELLO: Okay, so it's 16% unemployed.

ABBOTT: No, that's 9%...

COSTELLO: WAIT A MINUTE. Is it 9% or 16%?

ABBOTT: 9% are unemployed. 16% are out of work.

COSTELLO: IF you are out of work you are unemployed.

ABBOTT: No, you can't count the "Out of Work" as the unemployed. You have to look for work to be unemployed.

COSTELLO: BUT THEY ARE OUT OF WORK!!!

ABBOTT: No, you miss my point.

COSTELLO: What point?

ABBOTT: Someone who doesn't look for work, can't be counted with those who look for work. It wouldn't be fair.

COSTELLO: To who?

ABBOTT: The unemployed.

COSTELLO: But they are ALL out of work.

ABBOTT: No, the unemployed are actively looking for work... Those who are out of work stopped looking. They gave up. And, if you give up, you are no longer in the ranks of the unemployed.

COSTELLO: So if you're off the unemployment roles, that would count as less unemployment?

ABBOTT: Unemployment would go down. Absolutely!

COSTELLO: The unemployment just goes down because you don't look for work?

ABBOTT: Absolutely it goes down. That's how you get to 9%. Otherwise, it would be 16%. You don't want to read about 16% unemployment do ya?

COSTELLO: That would be frightening.

ABBOTT: Absolutely.

COSTELLO: Wait, I got a question for you. That means there are two ways to bring down the unemployment number?

ABBOTT: Two ways is correct.

COSTELLO: Unemployment can go down if someone gets a job?

ABBOTT: Correct.

COSTELLO: And unemployment can also go down if you stop looking for a job?

ABBOTT: Bingo.

COSTELLO: So there are two ways to bring unemployment down, and the easier of the two is to just stop looking for work.

ABBOTT: Now you're thinking like an economist.

COSTELLO: I don't even know what the hell I just said!

And now you know why Obama's unemployment figures are improving!

You're fucking retarded, labor participation was down another 720,000 AND unemployment went up?

The so called "nut jobs" are holding back the destroyer of the economy. Thank god there will be a lot more "nut jobs" elected in 2014. Libs cannot give up on the know nothing incompetent. They know he is a complete failure but because he is the first black president they have to ride it out with him to the end. Libs here are still blaming Bush after 5 years of obama. Know nothing blames movies, previous administration, people he appointed, GOP, typhoons, and everyone or anything he can to cover his own failures. Hopefully the obamacare debacle will bring people to their senses. Economy failed. Foreign policy none. No hope chump change.