Obama: If I knew, We Could Have Delayed Website Launch

Golfboy

Honestly, is he so disconnected that he didn't KNOW this was going to fail?

The most important part of his signature achievement in office, and he DIDN'T KNOW?

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/09/us/politics/a-white-house-in-crisis-mode-but-some-allies-prod-for-more.html?hp&_r=0

President Obama was seething. Two weeks after the disastrous launch of HealthCare.gov, Mr. Obama gathered his senior staff members in the Oval Office for what one aide recalled as an unsparing dressing-down.

The public accepts that technology sometimes fails, the president said, but he had personally trumpeted that HealthCare.gov would be ready on Oct. 1, and it wasnt.

If I had known, Mr. Obama said, according to the aide, we could have delayed the website.

Mr. Obamas anger, described by a White House that has repeatedly sought to show that the president was unaware of the extent of the websites problems, has lit a fire under the West Wing staff. Senior aides are racing to make sure the website is fixed by the end of the month as they confront the political fallout from presidential promises, now broken, that all Americans who liked their existing health care plans could keep them.

So is he really this disconnected, or is this just political cover to give him deniability?

I can't wait to hear how Bush was worse from the Obamatron apologists.

i'd say obama knew the website was garbage. it gives him a convenient excuse as to why people aren't turning out in droves to

sign up for his $h!tty healthcare plan. the law is garbage. he knew it was garbage. he knew once people registered and actually

saw the prices and deductibles the obamacare plan offered, they'd turn and run from the bull$h!t as fast as possible. this way he

can blame his failure on faulty technology instead of acknowledging the truth of the matter....... his healthcare plan sucks donkey balls.

I can't wait to hear how Bush was worse from the Obamatron apologists.

LOL, and like clockwork, there it is....

Bush thought Iraq had WMDs. Double standard much?

My question still stands. Is Obama so disconnected with reality that he didn't know that the key component to his signature achievement was inoperable, or is this just political cover for another of his failures?

It didn't take long to try to change the topic to Bush. The beauty of the Bush bashers is after 5 years of the incompetent know nothing empty suit of a president you still have dopes blaming Bush. 50 years from now people will be blaming obama. That is if Iran does not nuke us first. Courtesy of obama.

I'm still waiting for some liberal to explain this comment by Obama.

How in the world can he NOT have known that the website wasn't functional?

Either he's incompetent, or this story is a complete lie to give him political cover for this failure.

I'm still waiting for some liberal to explain this comment by Obama.

How in the world can he NOT have known that the website wasn't functional?

Either he's incompetent, or this story is a complete lie to give him political cover for this failure.

If he was a CEO he would've been FIRED! He doesn't know NOTHING what's going on around him! Worst president ever!

If he was a CEO he would've been FIRED! He doesn't know NOTHING what's going on around him! Worst president ever!

If he were a CEO, he'd be prosecuted for fraud, not just fired.

Getting on TV and intentionally misrepresenting (aka lying) to the public to manipulate their actions is illegal... unless you're the President.