The Worst law EVER

"We have to pass the bill to learn what's in the bill," words that will live forever in infamy in US history.

She intentionally ignored the fact that 100 times more words of regulation would be written than the actual law.

And look at the ridiculous pay Obama is paying to what is essentially a new army of Democrat campaign workers.

Background Checks as the New Racism
Leftists push to make it illegal for employers to ask, “Have you ever been convicted of a felony?”
By John Fund

he Obama administration has a schizophrenic attitude toward requiring people to go through criminal-background checks. Last week, Senator John Cornyn (R., Texas) grilled Kathleen Sebelius, the Health and Human Services secretary, about why the 45,000 “navigators” who assist people in signing up for Obamacare aren’t required to undergo a criminal-background check, even though they handle sensitive personal information.

“So a convicted felon could be a navigator and could acquire sensitive personal information from an individual unbeknownst to them?” Cornyn asked her. “That is possible,” said Sebelius, noting that states could always impose their own requirements — as some have done.

The risk that unscrupulous or untrustworthy people could hold federally funded jobs or own guns certainly concerns the Obama administration in other contexts. The Office of Personnel Management conducts more than 2 million background checks a year for federal jobs. The FBI conducted just shy of 20 million background checks on gun owners in 2012....

Astrue and Gottlieb cautioned against the possibility of identity theft. That is not idle speculation. Remember ACORN, the fraud-laced “community organizing” group that once boasted Barack Obama had served as its lawyer and as one of its key trainers? ACORN finally went bankrupt in 2010 after dozens of its employees were convicted of voter-registration fraud and others showed up in undercover tapes offering advice on how to set up brothels and evade paying taxes. Investor’s Business Daily has reported that United Labor Unions Local 100, a New Orleans group run by ACORN founder Wade Rathke, announced on its Facebook page that it’s going “to do mass enrollment and help navigate people into the marketplaces In Arkansas, Louisiana, and Texas under the Affordable Care Act!”

.....the navigator jobs pay up to $48 per hour
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/363595/background-checks-new-racism-john-fund/page/0/1

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As usual, liberals can't cope with actual reality. :glare:

Healthcare.junk :D
Scam artists are filling the vacuum left by the Obama website failure.

So the national embarrassment known as Healthcare.gov and the 36 federal ObamaCare exchanges won't be fixed by the end of November after all, notwithstanding a month of assurances from the White House.

In updates for reporters on Thursday and Friday, the Affordable Care Act's lead repairman Jeff Zients more or less conceded that the website three years in the making won't work until sometime after the end of this month. He explained that every problem that is resolved and taken off the "punch list"—already several hundred items long—reveals new problems that the tech people didn't know about. "Where we are is not where we want to be," he said.

Chairman Darrell Issa issued a subpoena compelling him to appear, and maybe he can also address the emerging problem of ObamaCare fraud. That includes the way the law was sold and rolled out, but especially the profusion of identity thieves and scam-artist pages that are now pretending to be Healthcare.gov and are tricking people into divulging sensitive information or buying fake products. Important consumer warning: If an insurance shopping website is usable, it's not the federal government's. :D
http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303460004579190131236643954?mod=WSJ_Opinion_LEADTop

Hey, it's only Obama's $350 million web page that's failing.

State exchanges are signing up people in massive numbers, right liberals? :)

And it's only going to get worse! :D

at least the state exchanges are doing fine, right? Well, no. Reuters reports that "has reached only about 3 percent of its enrollment target for 2014 in 12 U.S. states" whose exchanges "are mostly working smoothly." Avalere Health, the consulting firm that conducted the study, blamed George W. Bu--we mean Barack Obama: "With enrollment in the federal HealthCare.gov website serving 36 states stalled by technical failures, the weak sign-ups for functioning insurance exchanges could be due to the administration's difficulty to promote the program as a success, Avalere said."

Again, that's in states where the websites are supposedly functional. So maybe we've learned something more than that the website isn't working.

And even states with functional websites have serious problems. The Hill, citing the Avalere study, reports that "about 8,000 Washington state residents were told they qualified for more generous tax subsidies than they would actually receive when they enrolled for ObamaCare via their state's online marketplace." This "technical glitch"--that word apparently hasn't quite been banished from the language yet--"led many enrollees in the Washington exchange to select generous insurance plans they likely wouldn't be able to afford once their subsidies are reduced."

Most astonishing, the 8,000 botched Evergreen State applications--which require complete do-overs by the applicants--represent more than 15% of the total enrollment Avalere found in the 12 state exchanges it studied.
http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303460004579194073014764210?mod=WSJ_Opinion_MIDDLETopOpinion

Where are all the board liberals? :huh:

Home weeping and drinking themselves into a stupor over the collapse of Obamacare? :D

November 13, 2013 4:00 AM
Failure of Failures
Could Obamacare end up as America’s worst domestic-policy disaster ever?
By Charles C. W. Cooke

..... In my view, if Obamacare were to fail hard, it could well come to be seen as the most catastrophic domestic-policy enterprise of the last century.

I do not say that flippantly. The last 100 years have certainly thrown up a few turkeys — Prohibition, the 1933 National Industrial Recovery Act, and the short-lived Medicare Catastrophic Coverage Act of 1988 all come to mind — and yet Obamacare stands out as being potentially even worse
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/363818/failure-failures-charles-c-w-cooke

Where are all the board liberals? :huh:

Home weeping and drinking themselves into a stupor over the collapse of Obamacare? :D

When the going gets tough, liberals......

ignore Obama's disastrous problems, and instead tell lies about the Tea Party. :glare:

Come on, liberals, tell us unejucated conservatives how much more brilliant and informed you are. :D

No Hope Left for Obamacare's Website, Techies Say - The Fiscal Times

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Articles/2013/11/13/No-Hope-Left-Obamacare-s-Website-Techies-Say

Smartest guy in the Known Universe, and he can't even set up a functioning website, let alone run the inexplicably complex US health care system. :D

"We have to pass the bill to learn what's in the bill," words that will live forever in infamy in US history.

She intentionally ignored the fact that 100 times more words of regulation would be written than the actual law.

And look at the ridiculous pay Obama is paying to what is essentially a new army of Democrat campaign workers.

John Fund is a lying azzhole. I doubt a single word of that is true. In fact, I know most of it is bs.

I think the "Navigators" should be paid for by the insurance companies because all they are essentially doing is selling insurance policies.

Actually, they are not. They are to educate people on how the exchanges work. They do not technically enroll anyone, so they can't be paid by the insurance companies.

Here's one debunking:

"There is nothing in the proposed regulations released today that would require any of these workers to be paid $20 an hour, $48 an hour, or any other amount of money," Cook says. "These are estimates, not a recommendation or a requirement. Nothing in the law or proposed regulation set payment levels for these employees."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/04/10/love-obamacare-has-the-white-house-got-a-job-for-you/

" ACORN finally went bankrupt in 2010 after dozens of its employees were convicted of voter-registration fraud and others showed up in undercover tapes offering advice on how to set up brothels and evade paying taxes. "

Another lie. Jerry Brown, then atorney general of California put out the entire tape in context and proved that there was nothing illegal going on. The guy who did the taping has been in and out of jail plenty of times since for his shenanagans. It's guys like him, who shouldn't be navigators, not former Acorn people.

"Leftists push to make it illegal for employers to ask, “Have you ever been convicted of a felony?”

Yea, where is the link for that registration. More lies?

John Fund is a lying azzhole. I doubt a single word of that is true. In fact, I know most of it is bs.

Well gosh, who should people trust, a highly credible journalist who has for decades written excellent articles and analysis for highly credible publications like the WSJ, National Review and American Spectator?

Or a lying troll like you?

Gosh, tough choice. :glare:

"There is nothing in the proposed regulations released today that would require any of these workers to be paid $20 an hour, $48 an hour, or any other amount of money," Cook says. "These are estimates, not a recommendation or a requirement. Nothing in the law or proposed regulation set payment levels for these employees."

http://www.washingto...-a-job-for-you/

No one ever claimed that salaries were written into law, only that when they're hired they'd be paid that.

From your own source:

"These are estimates..."

So your source doesn't debunk my claim at all, liar.

"Leftists push to make it illegal for employers to ask, “Have you ever been convicted of a felony?”

F*** off, lyin troll. Even when I put undeniable facts in front of you, you still lie or obfuscate.

Is this the best the liberal-left can do?

Shameless lying trolls and utter imbeciles?

For all the moonbats who think Sarah Palin is stupiod: :glare:

Calif. Insurance Commissioner: More Than 1M Californians Having Insurance Cancelled Due To ACA

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2013/11/12/calif-insurance-commissioner-more-than-1m-californians-having-insurance-cancelled-due-to-obamacare/

To achieve the following. :glare:

Never heard of "ban the box"?

Ban the Box: End Discrimination at Your Workplace

Jerry Brown signs bill to ban felony question on public job apps

San Francisco Bay View » Victory! Ban the Box is now the law

Rosenblum: TakeAction Minnesota helped Target ban the box

Ban The Box: Some Companies Stop Asking Job Applicants About ...

City of Philadelphia: Ban The Box

What It Means to 'Ban the Box' - NYTimes.com

Ban the Box - Huffington Post

Let me know if you need more links.

I doubt that.

I certainly don't doubt she's better educated than you.

Clearly, she's smarter than you.

Are you talking to yourself again?

Hell man, a 5th grader is better educated than you are.

You're an embarrassment to the left around this place, even worse than William, lefty and ES.

Of course not, she's better educated than you are.

Hm. Doesn't read any publications, lies and says she reads "oh, all of them" but can't name even one, thinks there's a "Department of Law" in the Federal government, doesn't know what Paul Revere set out to do, which I was taught in elementary school.

She's the Perfectly Educated Person. The Perfect Republican Role Model.

The Tea Party Darling Every Liberal In America Prays Will Run For President.

Hm. Doesn't read any publications, lies and says she does but can't name even one, thinks there's a "Department of Law" in the Federal government, doesn't know what Paul Revere set out to do, which I was taught in elementary school.

She's the Perfectly Educated Person.

Have you ever misspoke?

Of course not, you're perfect.

Imagine if you were living under Palin's magnifying glass and every word you spoke was dissected by millions of moonbats.

Yea, I thought so.

Are you talking to yourself again?

Hell man, a 5th grader is better educated than you are.

You're an embarrassment to the left around this place, even worse than William, lefty and ES.

You're the idiot who guaranteed a Romney win and regurgitated every RW talking point you could ever remember while doing it, goofy.

I've never been worried about my reputation based on anything you or your mentor, RichClem, have ever said about me, goof. This whole board knows the two of you haven't got a full brain between you.

LOL

You're the idiot who guaranteed a Romney win and regurgitated every RW talking point you could ever remember while doing it, goofy.

I've never been worried about my reputation based on anything you or your mentor, RichClem, have ever said about my goof. This whole board knows the two of you haven't got a full brain between you.

LOL

Too bad you didn't have the balls to take my best, isn't it?

coward.

Have you ever misspoke?

Imagine if you were living under Palin's magnifying glass and every word you spoke was dissected by millions of moonbats.

Yea, I thought so.

Palin's problem is finding when she hasn't "misspoken."

Good to see so many contards defending her, again!

Too bad you didn't have the balls to take my best, isn't it?

coward.

Your "best?"

LOL

Hm. Doesn't read any publications, lies and says she reads "oh, all of them" but can't name even one, thinks there's a "Department of Law" in the Federal government, doesn't know what Paul Revere set out to do, which I was taught in elementary school.

She's the Perfectly Educated Person. The Perfect Republican Role Model.

The Tea Party Darling Every Liberal In America Prays Will Run For President.

I certainly hope she runs!

Have you ever misspoke?

Yea, I thought so.

That's perhaps the lamest defense of anyone I've ever seen, but thanks for playing.

Lying is not misspeaking, Golfboy. Getting a piece of history wrong at length as she did is not misspeaking. It's showing one's ignorance.

Misspeaking is what George W. Bush did when he said "Is our children learning?"