NHS has reached its crisis point

Golfboy

Heads up liberals, here's the single payer system you so desperately want to impose on us.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2496134/MAIL-ON-SUNDAY-COMMENT-The-NHS-reached-crisis-point.html

For more than 65 years the National Health Service has occupied a sainted position in British life.

Even the most radical, right-leaning Governments have hesitated before embarking on reforms which could be characterised by opponents as cuts.

In recent years, however, the halo has slipped dramatically.

The first alarm was sounded with revelations about overstretched Accident and Emergency (A&E) departments and shamefully crowded wards.

Now, details from a secret report on Wexham Park Hospital have provided devastating confirmation.

It is an anatomy of a system in crisis - an intricate dissection of the problems at every level of the Health Service.

Who would want to be operated on by a surgeon if they knew his death rate was 40 per cent?

At Wexham Park it was not just kept quiet: the consultant was promoted. And when a fellow surgeon tried to raise the alarm, he was blocked and harassed at every turn.

The report highlights huge structural problems, with a top-heavy cadre of bureaucrats spending their time and our money feuding with each other, against a backdrop of deepening financial problems and a chronic bed shortage.

Shockingly, we have also established that 3,500 people died last year because of NHS blunders, a rise of a quarter in just a year.

Heads up liberals, here's the single payer system you so desperately want to impose on us.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2496134/MAIL-ON-SUNDAY-COMMENT-The-NHS-reached-crisis-point.html

For more than 65 years the National Health Service has occupied a sainted position in British life.

Even the most radical, right-leaning Governments have hesitated before embarking on reforms which could be characterised by opponents as cuts.

In recent years, however, the halo has slipped dramatically.

The first alarm was sounded with revelations about overstretched Accident and Emergency (A&E) departments and shamefully crowded wards.

Now, details from a secret report on Wexham Park Hospital have provided devastating confirmation.

It is an anatomy of a system in crisis - an intricate dissection of the problems at every level of the Health Service.

Who would want to be operated on by a surgeon if they knew his death rate was 40 per cent?

At Wexham Park it was not just kept quiet: the consultant was promoted. And when a fellow surgeon tried to raise the alarm, he was blocked and harassed at every turn.

The report highlights huge structural problems, with a top-heavy cadre of bureaucrats spending their time and our money feuding with each other, against a backdrop of deepening financial problems and a chronic bed shortage.

Shockingly, we have also established that 3,500 people died last year because of NHS blunders, a rise of a quarter in just a year.

Just 3500 goofy. 10 times that many will die this year in this country because of your for profit system. The biggest failure of a healthcare system on the planet. Did you have a relevant point with this post goofy, because i'm not seeing it.

Just 3500 goofy. 10 times that many will die this year in this country because of your for profit system. The biggest failure of a healthcare system on the planet. Did you have a relevant point with this post goofy, because i'm not seeing it.

Yeah, but they'll die because of their own stupid mistakes not because of some decision made by government.

I read the BBC online almost daily to see how things are in the UK... I regularly read articles raising complaints about their healthcare system.. Long waits for Doctors visits, very long waits to actually have a surgical procedure performed, inadequate emergency services, shortage of Hospital beds, qualified Doctors & Nurses and on and on...

This is what's happening, despite the fact the only 2 organizations bigger than the UK healthcare system is India's Transit Service, and the Russian Army.

That's 3,500 BECAUSE of NHS.

I know you're not seeing it Screws, there are none so blind as those who will not see.

Go fuhk yourself Gohmert.

Another "I can't refute the article, but it's your fault for posting it here" response from the Rat.

I know you're not seeing it Screws, there are none so blind as those who will not see.

Another "I can't refute the article, but it's your fault for posting it here" response from the Rat.

And this has to do with NHS how? It has to do with an incompetent MD. Do you think there aren't incompetent MD's protecting one another here? Like most professional groups, physicians close ranks to shield their incompetent members here in the US, and probably everywhere.

But back to the implication that this was somehow the fault of the NHS. I don't see any connection. Shortages, excessive wait times, incompetence -- that's all here in the US. Incompetence at every level exists in every profession.

And this has to do with NHS how? It has to do with an incompetent MD. Do you think there aren't incompetent MD's protecting one another here? Like most professional groups, physicians close ranks to shield their incompetent members here in the US, and probably everywhere.

But back to the implication that this was somehow the fault of the NHS. I don't see any connection. Shortages, excessive wait times, incompetence -- that's all here in the US. Incompetence at every level exists in every profession.

AN incompetent MD? No, this has to do with NHS and THEIR incompetency.

And what did NHS do about this incompetent doctor? They promoted and protected him, and contrary to your claim, they attacked other doctors that spoke up against him.

I know you don't see any connection. Like Screws, you're willfully ignorant.

Denying that NHS is failing isn't going to stop it from failing, and wanting to copy a failing system is JUST. PLAIN. IGNORANT.

In the case of cons, there are none so ignorant and stupid as those who will not think.

AN incompetent MD? No, this has to do with NHS and THEIR incompetency.

And what did NHS do about this incompetent doctor? They promoted and protected him, and contrary to your claim, they attacked other doctors that spoke up against him.

I know you don't see any connection. Like Screws, you're willfully ignorant.

Denying that NHS is failing isn't going to stop it from failing, and wanting to copy a failing system is JUST. PLAIN. IGNORANT.

Attacking others who speak up against incompetent one(s) is protecting the incompetent one(s). You don't see that? You know what happens to whistleblowers in companies and in government here, don't you? They get fired, the laws against it be d*mned.

That's a trans-culture phenomenon, and as such, you've not shown any connection between professional herd self-protection and any particular health care system.

Go fuhk yourself Gohmert.

Yeah, how dare he point reality out to you imbeciles. :glare:

And this has to do with NHS how? It has to do with an incompetent MD.

What's the name of that river in Egypt? Remind me. :glare:

Do you think there aren't incompetent MD's protecting one another here?

Not like that one, not even close.

Attacking others who speak up against incompetent one(s) is protecting the incompetent one(s). You don't see that? You know what happens to whistleblowers in companies and in government here, don't you? They get fired, the laws against it be d*mned.

Yes, and that's exactly what YOU are doing here.

That's a trans-culture phenomenon, and as such, you've not shown any connection between professional herd self-protection and any particular health care system.

No, it's clearly spelled out in the OP, but you're obviously too blinded by your ideology to understand it.

In the case of cons, there are none so ignorant and stupid as those who will not think.

Says Fucked-up-Fred, who has never debated a topic in his life because he's too ignorant to debate, but too stupid to shut up.