War on Women: 357,000 Lost Jobs Last Month

Golfboy

And 213,000 more quit looking for work.
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/ali-meyer/357000-fewer-women-held-jobs-october-female-participation-rate-hits-new-low

American women participating in the nation’s labor force hit a new low at a rate of 56.9 percent in October, according to data released today by the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).

Additionally, the number of women holding jobs declined by 357,000 from September to October, and the unemployment rate increased for women from 6.7 percent to 6.9 percent.

In October, according to the BLS, the labor force participation rate for women was 56.9 percent, down from 57.1 percent in September and 57.3 percent in August.

In September, according to the BLS, the female civilian labor force was 72,705,000. In October it dropped to 72,492,000—a decline of 213,000.

Similarly, the number of women working in America dropped from 67,851,000 in September to 67,494,000 in October—a decline of 357,000. - See more at: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/ali-meyer/357000-fewer-women-held-jobs-october-female-participation-rate-hits-new-low#sthash.k48BsgkJ.dpuf

They lost jobs? Is that really what that means? Are you sure that doesn't include retirees, new mothers, and simply women leaving the workforce for any reason? Given your track record, I'll assume I'm correct.

I appreciate your thoughtful response. If only my liberal friends would scratch below the surface on things like Romney binders and other such nonsense.